corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  98    99    100    101    102    103    104  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfer Thread
Cavey

User status: Offline
19th Aug 13 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parker signs for Fulham, glad he's stayed in the premiership
VegasPhil
Premium Member

19th Aug 13 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Worst transfer window. EVER.

Disagree (Saints Fan)

Any thoughts on Mata being out of the Chelsea lineup? Part of a final Chelsea bid for Rooney maybe?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Tommy L

19th Aug 13 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fulham have hijacked another deal it seems get out qpr

Find out 30 mins if cabaye is in the squad tonight
Hammer

19th Aug 13 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fuck are Fulham doing? Have they sacked their scouting staff and relying on everyone elses?
Tommy L

19th Aug 13 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No cabaye in squad. Brilliant
JonnyJ

19th Aug 13 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surprised Joke Kinnear didnt accept the £10m bid and then place a £20m bid for Efan Ekoku
Marc

19th Aug 13 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surprised Kinnear didn't try and bring Parker back...
strick206

19th Aug 13 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
I hope we pay up for Begovic if Wenger is so determined to ignore Cesar! Szcz was absymally woeful yet again on Sat

It wasnt all that long ago you was raving about him being a brilliant keeper, what's happened?
Russ

19th Aug 13 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he has turned shit tbf
strick206

19th Aug 13 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Wanyama - opportunity missed.

Agree, massive opportunity missed and a bargain price really when all things are considered.

Amazed he went to Southampton, no doubt a bigger team will pay 25 million for him in 18 months
strick206

19th Aug 13 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Surprised Joke Kinnear didnt accept the £10m bid and then place a £20m bid for Efan Ekoku

I know i havent been around much for the last couple of years but i hope this board hasnt missed every opportunity to at that fucking moron Kinnear
strick206

19th Aug 13 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Onto Fellaini and Baines, that bid today was embarrassing.

Everton wont sell for less than 20 million (fellaini) and given the benefits we would have seen in having him in our squad for pre season it is laughable that we didnt buy him when i think we are clearly going to.

I like Baines, he is a brilliant player, but do we really need to be buying a 28 year old LB for 15 million plus, i would prefer us to bid for Luke Shaw from Southampton, much better business IMO

We should have bought Wanyama and a creative midfielder, i would still like to see us buy Modric after he has flopped in spain
strick206

19th Aug 13 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
So glad I support Luton after reading that.

Dark days m8, got to make loadsa signings after only beating a team fancied for the top 6 4-1 away.

I agree, Saturday was a brilliant result against who i think are a good side, although i do think the scoreline flattered us a little

We have a very strong squad i admit, i just think we are lacking a world class CM, someone who against the top teams can make a difference in midfield. City and Chelsea both have those type of players, we dont, we just have very good solid players
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
farrr to good to drop to the championship, unlike that pussy kevin nolan
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Worst transfer window. EVER.

Disagree (Saints Fan)

Any thoughts on Mata being out of the Chelsea lineup? Part of a final Chelsea bid for Rooney maybe?
wasnt fit after confeds and ecuador, same with cazorla
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
I hope we pay up for Begovic if Wenger is so determined to ignore Cesar! Szcz was absymally woeful yet again on Sat

It wasnt all that long ago you was raving about him being a brilliant keeper, what's happened?
hes just a bloody idiot he really needs to bring in cesar who will help him learn for a few years as he has all the makings but he does too much dumb shit :/ failing that, bring in begovic and let them fight it out! Fab needs to go be a first chocie somehwere as it wont ever happen at asrenal and hes 27 :/
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
No cabaye in squad. Brilliant
uh yeah, sorry about that. ahem.
Ben J

20th Aug 13 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People are jumping the gun on Cabaye. Bet we don't sign him.
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
I like Baines, he is a brilliant player, but do we really need to be buying a 28 year old LB for 15 million plus, i would prefer us to bid for Luke Shaw from Southampton, much better business IMO

agreed, buttner has also seemed very good. you really need a replacement for Scholes!
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent post this morning on Arseblog about some oddities that have appeared this summer (calling you liverpool, everton and newcastle)

"In a summer in which anger and exasperation have been the overriding emotions, at least from an Arsenal fan’s point of view, a curious new trend has emerged.

Football clubs, and managers, have been reacting to a normal, everyday part of the business in an increasingly irate way. Club X makes a bid to Club Y for player Z. Club Y responds, very publicly, by letting everyone know how furious they are and how derisory they consider the bid. As if somehow, Club X has overstepped the mark by simply trying to buy the player in the first place.

It’s amusing because Club Y, and their manager, has undoubtedly done the same thing at some point. They’ve made a bid to another club to buy a player that perhaps that club doesn’t want to sell. They’ll have sounded out the player, made a judgement on his market value, and then bid a bit lower than that because, well, that’s how it works.

You don’t think Player Z is worth £10m and then bid £20m just to keep the other club happy. You try and buy him as cheaply as you possibly can. It’s business and it’s part and parcel of football. It has been for years. Nobody is whiter than white. Every club and every manager has done the same thing. Sometimes it unsettles the player, sometimes not so much. Sometimes the club reach amicable agreement, sometimes not so much.

But now, with so much focus on transfers, and the minutiae of deals being played out in public, this new fashion has begun to manifest itself. It now appears as if it’s somehow an insult if another club wants to buy your player. And not just an insult that might make you think twice about dealing with them. No. This is an insult that everyone must know about. AT ONCE!"

very fair!
Ben J

20th Aug 13 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I noticed this recently.
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah well, lets see what the transfer dartboard has in store today #2013trolleydash :/
Marc

20th Aug 13 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with all the above, but that is every transfer window isn't it!
Cavey

20th Aug 13 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
farrr to good to drop to the championship, unlike that pussy kevin nolan

he only had 1 season down there at least.
Cavey

20th Aug 13 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whike i do agree with most of that, the hypocracy of managers etc... But you can't argue that Arsenal have been trying to take the piss with their offers though.

Its not just Newcastle thinking Cabaye is worth that much, its everyone. There is no way that 10m is going happen. They know that, everyone else knows that, there's making an offer, and then there's taking the piss.

<<  98    99    100    101    102    103    104  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread 24 database queries in 0.0422161 seconds