corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  99    100    101    102    103    104    105  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Oct 11 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
You're not going to kill someone 500+metres away with one shot, unless it's a head shot.

You played BC2 long enough to know that's incorrect. 50 cal's did it every time. Naturally hitting a leg will get fuckall. But in the chest should take them down. Not get up and run away to recover health. But the 500m example is extreme, even 50m doesn't do it.

I mean on BF3, later rifles will be different.

[Edited on 30-10-2011 by DannyB]
Eck
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
You're not going to kill someone 500+metres away with one shot, unless it's a head shot.

This is what I feel like sniping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uk2qtCGqio

Whenever I see a film with sniping, I fire back onto games like this. Then it's a waiting game. Sitting perfectly still until a victim walks into the scope, then judging distance, height, and factoring in how fast they are running before pulling the trigger. They then stumble, hit the deck, get up and start zig zagging to safety. That upsets me.

Oh, and Leon is a fucking EPIC film.
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the bullets travel too slow in this..
Paul_J

30th Oct 11 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

see this sort of thing annoys me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1DmmZr_CxU&t=5m03s

around 5 min 6 seconds on that... guy is prone in front of him, he snipes basically driectly onto the guys face and yet doesn't kill.
Paul_J

30th Oct 11 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
I think the bullets travel too slow in this..

Yup! when the target is moving horizontally from distance, it's nigh on impossible...

I think the devs have purposely made it shit to snipe to stop it becoming a map full of snipers.
Eck
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They still failed as it's riddled with them

This is how I feel sniping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4AMXt4rDxw
JonnyJ

30th Oct 11 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
see this sort of thing annoys me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1DmmZr_CxU&t=5m03s

around 5 min 6 seconds on that... guy is prone in front of him, he snipes basically driectly onto the guys face and yet doesn't kill.

That is a joke If that had have happened to me the pad woud be well on its way to my neighbors back garden
Eck
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 23:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would have done my nut in too What scope is that though? Or platform? Because you don't see outside the scope on xbox
JonnyJ

30th Oct 11 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats PC, can see the chat in the top right and a mouse arrow on deployment. Plus its smooth as hell, deffo got some crazy good machine
mwg

31st Oct 11 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Matty you ginger badger, you better have this game by now or i wont be happy, sick of playing on my own, need some headset action

Um, no I haven't got it yet. Supposed to be going in to town at lunch so I'll have a look then. Probably can't play till about Wednesday night anyway. Hardly had time to take a shit at the moment, never mind play on my PS3
chris_uk
Premium Member

31st Oct 11 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was just starting to get into it last night, come across a great server with some decent players in my squad for once. By the time i realised it was 1am lol

Hope these new pc server fixes are going to sort out the shitty lag tho.
wwwNOOBcom

31st Oct 11 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In bc2 any rifle is a 2 shot kill unless its a head shot or very close range, i have shot and been shot and seen people shot with the 50 including using magnum ammo

snipeing in bf3 is a joke, the pistols suck also. In bc2 the 1911 was pretty hand and took people out with 3 hits in this fuck knows how many it takes

The spawn is total shit, just as you kill somebody and are out of ammo some random spawn on his team mate who is cleary dead and finishs you off. I got spawned in a room with 3 enemy guys shooting at me.

The engineer is way over powered, the map grand bazar is full of engieers spamming rockets

The lasers totaly give away your position

That t-ugs thing for the sniper is fucking usless lol, motion balls where so much better

The aa guns dont hit a plane or choper unless they are really close

I think bc2 is much better, however im looking foward to karkland

chris_uk
Premium Member

31st Oct 11 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of my biggest gripes atm is the low quality scopes and the fact bullet drop is so overdone.. Plus the bullets travel about the same speed as my piss. Also why are the bullets like fucking flares!!

The scopes in bc2 were a lot better aNd the shooting mechanics were so much better..

Although i have come to realise recon doesnt mean sniper in bf3, i think you need to approach it with a more assault type mentality.

For example, sv98 no scope, quick bolt thing and i was on the frontline killing just as much as everyone else, the map was metro. Granted you have to twitch shoot (look at the vid posted earlier) but once you get the hang of it its not bad.
chris_uk
Premium Member

31st Oct 11 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting better

Adam_B

31st Oct 11 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

someone took me out with 1 shot on a core match with the sv98 last night.

In a different game I was trying to snipe on operation firestorm and agree, the bullets travel way to slow, there was another sniper so far away we were both just stepping out of the way of each others shots

[Edited on 31-10-2011 by Adam_B]
chris_uk
Premium Member

31st Oct 11 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was a bug where you would randomly die by 1 bullet reardless of what gun, although i dont think ive seen it (not as obvious without recording and watching back) it has felt like it a couple of times, i wouldnt be supprised if you experienced that.

But tht said, as i use the sv98 a bit i do get quite alot of 1 hit kills if i aim at face or upper torsos.. But could be luck
BarnshaW

31st Oct 11 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have killed a few people with one shot and the SV98? maybe they were injured beforehand though and not revived yet.

you can turn off the laser and torch extras? or just not have them on if a problem? although the torch on metro is quite good for blinding people.

the one thing which annoys me is the range on shotguns? they are killing me from miles away and also why grenades are all the same colour? why not have friendly ones as green?

also AT mines are way too good, you can plant like 7, and if you die they stay on the floor, you can literally litter them everywhere on the whole map whereas claymores dont seem to stay when you die.
BarnshaW

31st Oct 11 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also noticed a few glitches, i have now got stuck twice on operation firestorm in the metal gurders and you cant jump out, so you have to suicide to restart, rather annoying
mwg

31st Oct 11 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shotgun with a 12g slug used to always be my weapon of choice. Can kill people from sniping distances
Brett
Premium Member

31st Oct 11 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm so shit at this game
chris_uk
Premium Member

31st Oct 11 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont agree nades need to be distinguised, its a nade.. Dont stand near it.

Shotguns i couldnt agree more!!
Brett
Premium Member

31st Oct 11 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
also AT mines are way too good, you can plant like 7, and if you die they stay on the floor, you can literally litter them everywhere on the whole map whereas claymores dont seem to stay when you die.

Sounds like I need these in my life. How do I unlock these?
BarnshaW

31st Oct 11 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what i mean chris is that if a friendly throws a grenade (not going to hurt you) then it should nto be orange or the same colour as an enemies.
BarnshaW

31st Oct 11 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW

Sounds like I need these in my life. How do I unlock these?

cant remember if they are engineer or support but only a few levels in mate, they are pretty good at taking out vehicles if you litter like 15 around an objective
Robbo

31st Oct 11 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
I dont agree nades need to be distinguised, its a nade.. Dont stand near it.

Shotguns i couldnt agree more!!
"nade"

<<  99    100    101    102    103    104    105  >>

New Poll