corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013

New Poll
  <<  101    102    103    104    105    106    107  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day 2013
Cole

User status: Offline
5th Sep 13 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
No cole. Just no

Edit - as for your mud comment, you do know I live in the Lake District yeah? Muddy and wet all the time yeah? Etc yeah? Full'o'shite!

[Edited on 05-09-2013 by Nic Barnes]

Yes barnes I do know where you live but all I see you ride is man made rocky trails never seen any mud lol. Im not even going to bother with thisaargument any more because you are a proper pro and know best ok
Rick Draper

5th Sep 13 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
Wondering if anyone could recommend a front fork..

Looking for something to go on a rock hopper comp, needs to be at 100/120mm travel, take standard Q/R and be fairly lightweight.

My knowledge on stuff like this is a little outdated hence needing assistance

Also, ideally want to buy 2nd hand so get more for the money, best places other than ebay?

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k977/a81325/reba-rl-solo-air-120-diffusion-black.html
Dr Pepper

5th Sep 13 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hit 2000 miles tonight since I started my lejog training back in April

Went out on a club run tonight with the intermediate group - actually felt like I was one of the strongest riders there which is good as a couple of months back I was hanging off the back blowing out of my arse. I was dropping people on hills with mountain goat bodies and very expensive plastic bikes lol - nice feeling considering I am still a lard arse.

Winter in the gym now planned with the sole intention of shifting fat and strengthening core - would love to get 2 stone off by January - very achievable as I have plenty to lose and would effectively mean my lejog luggage would be the same weight as my bike is now lol

I have found it really hard to lose fat and put the miles in on the bike - I suffer badly if I dont fuel properly during and after rides - think it will be easier dieting in a gym environment and just doing occasional winter rides to maintain bike fitness

[Edited on 05-09-2013 by Dr Pepper]
Liam

5th Sep 13 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Liam
quote:
http://bit.ly/17vgqo9

Got that coming for the handlebars will use the current light on helmet instead as long as I can mount it better so it doesn't keep on slipping and pointing down!

Have you got one of the single units? I bought one which claimed to be 1200 lumens, but it was only as bright as the Hope Vision 2 I had, saying that though, for the price they are great! I've just bought an Exposure Toro MK5, 1200 lumens
yeah I've got one of the £16 ones, it's pretty decent for the money. It's all I have at the moment and I can get round ok with it on the bike but I can't see as much as others who have helmet and bike mounted ones hence buying more!

Two lights are much better, I rode with 1 once and it was a nightmare, had to ride in the middle of the groups on any Singletrack as I could hardly see with just a helmet cam..
Nic Barnes

7th Sep 13 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New light arrived today, well bright! Hopefully get another evening ride on the go on Tuesday night to test it out.
gavin18787
Premium Member

7th Sep 13 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havent been keeping up with this thread but what lights you running nic?
I need to up mine as i found my aye up lights a little lacking at last years dusk til dawn 12 hour enduro and i am doing it again this year.

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Nic Barnes

7th Sep 13 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eBay cree ones. I had 1 on the bars but it meant I couldn't look where i wanted just where bike was pointing so moving that to helmet and bought a triple thing for the bike instead. All just cheap stuff as no doubts I will smash it to bits falling off like normal
Cole

7th Sep 13 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For £/lumens you can't beat the Cree t6 ones less than £20 for 12-1800 lumens
Cole

7th Sep 13 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pmsl(in before Barnes )
Simon

7th Sep 13 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I broke the bracket on my ebay special light the other day, was tightening the bolt through the plastic bit into the metal light casing, did it too much and the plastic just snapped I bought a Hope Universal Light Bracket which cost £7.99, the same as the enitre light! But now it is much better to fit with a quick release rather than the O ring.

I think it is good to have helmet and bar mounted. I used to be fine with just me exposure light on my helmet, then I got the ebay light and that obliterates the exposure light and cost 10x less. However the beam isn't as wide and will probably die sooner
SVM 286

7th Sep 13 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Afternoon all.

I didn't even know this thread existed

I'm after a cheap as poss, suspension seatpost for my hard tail (I think it's 26.8mm but need to check).

Anyone had any experience with them?

Any to recommend?

Cheers
Doug

7th Sep 13 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well Bea and I completed the West Highland Way bike ride for charity. Far and away the hardest physical thing I have done.

I'm walking around Fort William today looking like I have soiled myself as my legs just refuse to function properly

Will post some pictures and a little report over the next few days when I get back home. In the mean time if anyone wants to donate here is the link:

https://www.justgiving.com/BeaMeitiner0603

gavin18787
Premium Member

7th Sep 13 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
eBay cree ones. I had 1 on the bars but it meant I couldn't look where i wanted just where bike was pointing so moving that to helmet and bought a triple thing for the bike instead. All just cheap stuff as no doubts I will smash it to bits falling off like normal

might have to have a look. got one on the side here that i ordered for my mum as she wanted cheap brightish light. will have a sneaky peek before i give it over

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Nic Barnes

7th Sep 13 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://instagram.com/p/d-BTjapc9G/

Found a nice trail people have built in the woods a few miles from my house. Quite steep and slippy with a massive gap jump somewhere near the end. I didn't do the jump was way too big for my lack of pro-ness....(pmsl) good fun though although not a long run really.
Cole

7th Sep 13 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell.some real.mud
Nic Barnes

7th Sep 13 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to calm down cole.
Cole

7th Sep 13 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol love you really
Nic Barnes

8th Sep 13 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been up nan beild and gatesgarth today in the Lake District. Crazy stuff at times, fell off loads lol. The descents were rocky and steep, fairly struggled a bit and my wrists and ankles are feeling the pain already. Can see why my mates roll around on 160 travel even the head angle will help them a lot. Don't think my bike is built for this stuff sadly.

Will get some pics up that I took after I had a bath. Videoed showing my pro skills will be up later as well.
Doug

8th Sep 13 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few photos from the West Highland Way ride:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.680802811647&type=1&l=2744e3d492
Rick Draper

8th Sep 13 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some one buy this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300958958456?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649
Nic Barnes

8th Sep 13 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of the people today had a carbon one of them!
Doug

8th Sep 13 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bea's write up from the West Highland Way ride:
http://buzzzingbees.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/the-west-highland-way.html
Cole

8th Sep 13 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
Some one buy this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300958958456?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

Same bike tim from the chemical brothers rides
Rick Draper

8th Sep 13 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
One of the people today had a carbon one of them!

My one is a carbon one!
Nic Barnes

8th Sep 13 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why are you selling it?

<<  101    102    103    104    105    106    107  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013 24 database queries in 0.0382640 seconds