corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013

New Poll
  <<  102    103    104    105    106    107    108  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day 2013
Cole

User status: Offline
8th Sep 13 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hes bought a bronson c
Nic Barnes

8th Sep 13 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh a lad I know has got one of them on order
Cole

8th Sep 13 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pmsl lol sorry mate had to do it. Ive got a lovely orange 5 pro 650b sitting in my shed at the moment
Nic Barnes

8th Sep 13 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not joking or doing your pro talk hearsay however. Real world news from Cumbria, no southern gimmicks.
Cole

8th Sep 13 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine isnt a gimmick either I do actually have a orange 5 650b in my shed
Nic Barnes

8th Sep 13 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just ride bikes cole. I'm not really bothered.
Rick Draper

8th Sep 13 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
why are you selling it?

Got a Bronson carbon on the way. Nothing at all wrong with the Ibis, in fact I have only done 150 miles on it!

Going to lose a fortune on it but that's one of those things. It's a cracking frame and with a shock and limbo chips you can have two bikes in one, a 140mm bike or a 160mm bike.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

9th Sep 13 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
Few photos from the West Highland Way ride:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.680802811647&type=1&l=2744e3d492

that is so awesome
Doug

9th Sep 13 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
why are you selling it?

Got a Bronson carbon on the way. Nothing at all wrong with the Ibis, in fact I have only done 150 miles on it!

Going to lose a fortune on it but that's one of those things. It's a cracking frame and with a shock and limbo chips you can have two bikes in one, a 140mm bike or a 160mm bike.

That really is a lovely looking bit of kit. Good luck with the sale!
Doug

9th Sep 13 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Few photos from the West Highland Way ride:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.680802811647&type=1&l=2744e3d492

that is so awesome

It's good fun. Would recommend it to anyone that enjoys biking and getting outdoors.

Rick Draper

9th Sep 13 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been for a ride on the Cotic:
http://app.strava.com/activities/81237336
Jamie Walby

9th Sep 13 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did the Etape Cymru yesterday, great scenery, killer climbs. Had not trained for it at all apart from riding to work 6 hours 51 was my official time but that included 2 10 min stops for food/water at the feed stations. 88 miles and just shy of 8000ft of climbing.
Doug

9th Sep 13 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone posts details about the rides they do, but its rare that anyone congratulates them and so on.

Just over the last few pages alone there are some epic rides that people have done.

Walby and Dr Pepper seem to be machines on their road bikes. Rick puts in the miles both on and off road. Muppetsport seems to do nothing else other than smash single track (and his arm into trees).

Some serious efforts being put in by people. I think of some the rides are just over looked when respect is due

AlunJ

9th Sep 13 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Work are planning to do London to Paris next year after success at Cardiff to London, better get some training in then. Has anyone done it?
Cole

9th Sep 13 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Everyone posts details about the rides they do, but its rare that anyone congratulates them and so on.

Just over the last few pages alone there are some epic rides that people have done.

Walby and Dr Pepper seem to be machines on their road bikes. Rick puts in the miles both on and off road. Muppetsport seems to do nothing else other than smash single track (and his arm into trees).

Some serious efforts being put in by people. I think of some the rides are just over looked when respect is due

I

Nice doug nice doug
Dr Pepper

9th Sep 13 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

im not a machine lol - im a very very average cyclist ....but im coming from a place where i was not capable of cycling much more than a mile without dying ..... cheers for the comment though - it is bloody hard work putting the miles in -im constantly amazed by the rides some people do, and your right , it is glossed over a bit. Its even worse on forums like bike radar where some people seem to think that 60 mile plus rides at 17-20 mph average are pretty easy things to do!

Have to say as well - I cant get my head around what some of you do off road - Its a different kind of fitness needed for off road and I certainly dont have it - I find going uphill off road complete torture. Full respect for what some of you get up to.

Now the nights are drawing in im going more towards 1 hour ish rides at max effort - im finding really big improvements from doing this. My normal flat 21 mile route is a good indicator of progress - used to do it on my hybrid at about 16.5 mph max. In july I got it up to 17.9 mph on the road bike - this week I have done it in 18.8 and 18.9mph - gonna work on getting that up to 20 mph by Christmas.

Definitely killing myself as much in those 20 miles as I have from doing a century....although the recovery is obviously quicker.

[Edited on 09-09-2013 by Dr Pepper]
Siberia

10th Sep 13 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done this yesterday.
http://www.strava.com/activities/81263198

On holiday the west and brought my bike with me. Didnt want to see it again when finished this yesterday
But this morning i wouldnt mind getting out again
Seem to have lost a bolt from one of the cleaths on my shoe though.. I'll have to see if theres a bike shop around
Nic Barnes

10th Sep 13 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://youtu.be/VCbT-DZbGgY

That's my video from Sunday it's a long one though so I fully understand if nobody watches it. Demonstrates my complete lack of ability but I had fun.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

10th Sep 13 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
http://youtu.be/VCbT-DZbGgY

That's my video from Sunday it's a long one though so I fully understand if nobody watches it. Demonstrates my complete lack of ability but I had fun.

that is abit too long to watch but just skipped my way through it, what beautiful sights. Looks lovely.
Jamie Walby

10th Sep 13 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres my ride from Sunday.

http://www.strava.com/activities/81415302
Dr Pepper

10th Sep 13 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby

Blimey - thats making my thighs ache looking at that
gavin18787
Premium Member

10th Sep 13 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

11th place finish at weekend. bang on for a series top ten now
Double edged sword though as it means il be riding in the elite catagory next year if i male it and will get smashed

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Jamie Walby

10th Sep 13 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby

Blimey - thats making my thighs ache looking at that

I wrestled my bike around the route to be honest mate, was riding with a sore back too which didnt help but dont think it effected me too much, probably just more mentally.

Didnt stop until the 3rd feed station which was about 55 miles in, resting time was only about 20 mins over all which I was quite pleased with especially as I have done no big rides for a couple of months!

Jamie Walby

10th Sep 13 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
11th place finish at weekend. bang on for a series top ten now
Double edged sword though as it means il be riding in the elite catagory next year if i male it and will get smashed

You worked your way up from lower categories mate?

Nice work on a good season though, I came third in my time trial league by 3 points.
Matt L

10th Sep 13 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Starting to get a bit nervous about the cat and fiddle ride, not managed to get out on my bike other than for 6miles the other week, only got 3 weeks to get back on my bike.

<<  102    103    104    105    106    107    108  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013 24 database queries in 0.0388210 seconds