corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.

New Poll
  <<  104    105    106    107    108    109    110  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.
Ben G

User status: Offline
15th Feb 15 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt it as i'd notice the smell, especially over Christmas when we had a lot of rain.
Steve
Premium Member

15th Feb 15 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont wish to spark one of your passive aggressive replies, but regardless of what you can smell, the carpet is wet
Ben G

15th Feb 15 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, but there is no leak from the door. It may well be leaking elsewhere, but that leak is fixed.

The only way to know for sure is to remove the entire interior and I'm not able to do that for another 2 weeks.

[Edited on 15-02-2015 by Ben G]
Ben G

21st Feb 15 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got some snowfoam and a Lance finally ao was able to test out my Nilfisk pressure washer i got for Christmas.

Foam was lovely andthick but I made a right mess of mine and next doors driveways

Ben G

5th Mar 15 at 02:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So yeah, new shopping car turned up Sunday 1st March, which was nice as never had a new car on new reg day before. Always been a few months late.

Traded in the magenta fiesta zetec 1.25 82ps for a Fiesta ST3.

They're sold as 182ps with a 200ps overboost which works for 15 seconds on full throttle. But this resets everytime you take your foot off the pedal, so it's 200ps really. A silly EU law means it can't be sold here with that figure, yet in USA it is.

Handles great and I love it I'll probably head up Scotland in the summer for a road trip so should be fun.

Z4 is staying for now. Still drying out the interior hardtop is off though as fancy getting the roof down.

[Edited on 05-03-2015 by Ben G]
Ben G

6th Mar 15 at 02:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Managed to finish drying the Z4 out today. It doesn't appear to be leaking anywhere, but i'll do another check with the hose before i put the seat back in.

The thick foam underlay attached to the carpet was holding a lot of the water and it wasn't wet up at the bulkhead, so I can only assume it was water ingress from the previous door leak.

We'll see. For now it's dry.
Nic Barnes

6th Mar 15 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still think it's just moisture from you sweating a lot mate.
Ben G

20th Mar 15 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been driving the ST for the past 2 weeks and I love it. Handles well, has enough power for most stuff and has a lot of equipment also.

Also got some chrome osram diadems for the indicator bulbs. For some reason, car manufacturers like putting unsightly orange bulbs in clear lenses. Looks shit.

Easy to fit on these, just twist the bulb holder out.

Also sorted insurance out on both. £360 for the Z4 and £460 for the ST. Not bad at all. I once paid £2600 for a Zetec S Fiesta
Ben G

31st Mar 15 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So i'm now back driving the Z4 and I realise how much of a back breaker the ride is it also needs new brakes and tyres. I also noticed this pop up:

Inspection 2 due soon

I'm unsure whether to get 4 new eagle f1's for my standard 18's and get them refubished or get 2 new eagle f1's for my BBS reps and get those redone.

Looks nice on the 19's, but the ride is too firm and it just makes everything less enjoyable, especially down the rural lanes around here.

Either way, it's gonna cost me a fortune as tax is also due in July... Oh and needs both front wings repainted aswell as the dash bits. Probably be better scrapping it

[Edited on 31-03-2015 by Ben G]
BeetleGav

1st Apr 15 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my oil service is due in 300miles, will only cost £130 tho.
I've vinyl wrapped my interior again.... In piano black... Don't do that! It's pissing me off already!

I'd say buy yourself some nice 18s and bin the 19s off. Bloody love mine at the moment, got some 215/35 vreds to go on the front though which are tiny!
Marc

1st Apr 15 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
I still think it's just moisture from you sweating a lot mate.

3CorsaMeal

1st Apr 15 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couple of guys on corrado forum have the new fiesta ST and rave about them

On BMW, Get standard wheels/tyres, standard shocks and some lowering springs, enjoy a nice ride.

I've been through 6 lots of suspension on corrado and decided they all make it ride too firm and crashy. Looks nice but thats about it.
Ben G

1st Apr 15 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only thing with standard wheels are they sit really far in the arches and look a little lost. Rather have something that sticks out a bit.

Spacers solve that but I had them on before and didn't like the mass of metal you could see between hub and alloy.
BeetleGav

1st Apr 15 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get wheels with good offset then. I've got 15mm on the rear. Can't even see them.
Ben G

1st Apr 15 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheels with good offsets aren't standard though
BeetleGav

1st Apr 15 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh. I missed that bit
Ben G

2nd Apr 15 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just noticed my rear tyres are on 2-3mm No wonder it's so tail happy. Think i'll be going back to 18's then and try and flog these BBS rep's on.
Ben G

5th Apr 15 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gave both cars a wash today, nothing exciting, just a quick snowfoam and quick detailer job...

I've got a quote off a local wheel refurbishment company to get my standard 18'' wheels redone in shadow chrome. Just need to get some new tyres and they will fit them for no extra charge.

I want them like this:

No point keeping the 19's as the ride is too unforgiving and when pushing on, you end up getting chucked all over the place everytime there is a bump.

[Edited on 05-04-2015 by Ben G]
Jambo

5th Apr 15 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That will be your suspension not the tyres.

Polybush?
Ben G

5th Apr 15 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres not much give in the suspension as standard Jambo. Top gear didn't like it for this reason iirc. They said it was too hard for a cruiser. Add 19's and rather low profile tyres and it just makes for an unpleasant ride.

Polybushed front wishbone rear bushes (known as lollypops) and rear trailing arms, rest are standard as far as i'm aware.

I will be getting everything checked over during it's service and replacing the bushes if needed. More than likely it's a combination of worn suspension parts and the low profile tyres.

[Edited on 05-04-2015 by Ben G]
Jambo

5th Apr 15 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did my lollipops, helped the car reeled more connected but also made it more crashy!

Thank you need a new car Ben
AndyCorsaSport

5th Apr 15 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the new fiesta. really like them at the moment. You got a good deal on it?
Ben G

5th Apr 15 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i think we got 5k off list, so about 25% off. Absolutely love it, although the ride is stiff but it actually handles like it's on rails. Immense little thing.
whitter45

5th Apr 15 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen loads of new ST's recently must be doing good deals on them

Both cars look great Ben
Ojc

9th Apr 15 at 06:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fit better quality springs for a better ride quality you twerp

<<  104    105    106    107    108    109    110  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh. 23 database queries in 0.0397282 seconds