corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.

New Poll
  <<  105    106    107    108    109    110    111  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.
Ben G

User status: Offline
9th Apr 15 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eibachs are pretty good quality you anus. I've been looking at bistein stuff. Shocks and springs. Seem pretty good value from German ebay
Steve
Premium Member

9th Apr 15 at 09:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who said eibachs werent good quality?
Jambo

9th Apr 15 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bilsteins will no doubt give a shite ride also.

Koni adjustable, set to softest. That would be advisable. Don't ask anyone on a forum for suspension advice.
3CorsaMeal

9th Apr 15 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do Bilstein do a B12 kit for it, everyone is going nuts for that kit at the moment on the rado forum. I would of bought some had i not changed again recently
Ben G

9th Apr 15 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
who said eibachs werent good quality?

Ojc on the previous page said to fit better quality springs. It rides a lot better than when I had the fk springs on.

3cm - yeah they do a b12 kit, but i'm unsure what the differences are between b4, b8 etc. Need to do some research.

Jambo - couldn't find any koni stuff, only ap coilovers.
3CorsaMeal

9th Apr 15 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

B4 is a shock designed to be a standard replacement to be used with normal springs. A CF member fitted B4's and lowering springs and it didn't work out too well
Jambo

9th Apr 15 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might not do em Ben, my bad.

What shocks do you run? Springs are less likely to affect ride than the shocks, the name is the key... shock...absorber...

If your running standard shocks then they are probably fucked if they have never been changed... Likely to be Sachs, ECP will have them cheaper than BM (minus the badge).

Im not up on all the new Bilstein stuff, but I do know B4 = OE patten quality which marketing speak aside means their cheapest kit which will be incredibly harsh.

Jambo

9th Apr 15 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
B4 is a shock designed to be a standard replacement to be used with normal springs. A CF member fitted B4's and lowering springs and it didn't work out too well

Same things on the Astra G forums. Wanked themselves off over fitting Bilsteins......

Turned out to be shite.
Ben G

9th Apr 15 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they're sachs Jambo. Checked eurocarparts and they're pretty decent in terms of price. Pretty sure the standard ones are originals. 100,000 miles old, so yeah no doubt fucked
BeetleGav

9th Apr 15 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the z4 suspension was fucked from the factory. It's awful! Coilovers for me this month
I find my fk springs comfier than the m springs
Ben G

9th Apr 15 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So true standard springs snap anyway. Shocking quality! Might just get sachs shocks and some new eibachs and see how it goes along with the new tyres on the 18's.
3CorsaMeal

9th Apr 15 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have koni adjustables on the car at the moment with H&R springs, only fitted them for a week or so and then swapped the rear shocks for Sachs standard stuff, Honestly didn't make any noticeable difference a tiny bit softer but not enough to change the handling.
Ben G

9th Apr 15 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought as much. More for internet points and track i reckon. My mate wants us to go to nurburgring when he gets his facelift Focus st. Would love to take the Z4 just for the experience, rather than lap times, so I guess fancy suspension wouldn't make any difference.
Jambo

9th Apr 15 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most people haven't got a fucking clue Ben, especially on the internet. Its rife on M3Cutters. They would have you fitting rosejoints for the daily commute as it "improves handling" without really understanding the surface they will be driving on or the fact your back will be fucked after 2 miles.

You need compliance, and it doesn't have to be as stiff as nails. Hence when you buy a £50k AMG or ///M they can get over speed humps and deal with pot holes with ease. its well engineered not just £100 coilovers with bump stops removed cos it "handles like its on rails, so much better than standard, out handled a Lamborghini etc"
Ben G

9th Apr 15 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed. I'd go back to completely standard suspension if it didn't look so high.
--ToM--

9th Apr 15 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chop the springs - job done
Ojc

9th Apr 15 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry Ben I thought you still had the FK springs, I beg your pardon.
Ben G

9th Apr 15 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No beef mate. I got rid of them a while ago, sold them on for a profit
Ian W

9th Apr 15 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Most people haven't got a fucking clue Ben, especially on the internet. Its rife on M3Cutters. They would have you fitting rosejoints for the daily commute as it "improves handling" without really understanding the surface they will be driving on or the fact your back will be fucked after 2 miles.

You need compliance, and it doesn't have to be as stiff as nails. Hence when you buy a £50k AMG or ///M they can get over speed humps and deal with pot holes with ease. its well engineered not just £100 coilovers with bump stops removed cos it "handles like its on rails, so much better than standard, out handled a Lamborghini etc"

Should be quoted 100 times over as it's the absolute fucking truth
3CorsaMeal

9th Apr 15 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard suspension and chop the wheels arches off and then weld them back on a bit lower. Its the way forward imo
Ben G

29th Apr 15 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spent a bit of money the last couple of days. Ended up buying the following:

Bosch Ignition coils x6.
Gloss black kidney grilles.
Front bumper brackets, both sides, again! They cracked when the front hit a high kerb.
Dayco Drive and A/C belts.
Led rear plate lamps and connectors from a 1 series (oem stuff).
Cam position sensor, intake side.
Front bumper roundel and nuts to hold it on. Current one got attacked by a pressure washer and subsequently ruined. £27 for an OEM one!

That should keep me busy if it turns up before bank holiday weekend.

You would not believe that little lot cost me £350

Already got the grilles on, wanted these for ages. Hate the matte black ones, but like the gloss. The graphite standards were boring me.

Still researching the suspension stuff and need to buy a new set of 18'' tyres as i'm getting the standard wheels refurbished finally.

[Edited on 29-04-2015 by Ben G]
BeetleGav

29th Apr 15 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grilles looks loads nicer! Hate the grey 3.0i ones!
I've gone back chrome though but with black slats

Howmuch were the 1series lamps? Straight fit?
Ben G

29th Apr 15 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£21 and a fiver for the connectors. You have to remove the wiring from the existing connectors and connect them to the led ones. Seems pretty simple, someones even done a picture guide on the z4 forum.
BeetleGav

29th Apr 15 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fairenough. I'll judge how yours look when your dad fits them then I might purchase some

Ben G

29th Apr 15 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I plan on doing these myself mate. I have the fiesta st all weekend as the missus is off to her homeland of the Scots, so if anything goes wrong it doesn't matter too much

<<  105    106    107    108    109    110    111  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh. 23 database queries in 0.0413070 seconds