corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » hmm a bit dodgy, can anyone help....updated (56k go make a brew)

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hmm a bit dodgy, can anyone help....updated (56k go make a brew)
bradfincham

User status: Offline
26th Apr 05 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very true as i have found heaps on severalls i know it was one the uks top 10 in its day, but as u say theres large mystery over st marys! i dont see anything wrong with it, there not stealing anything, smashing windows just trying to find some of the history!
Greg_M

26th Apr 05 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
its the guns that freaked us out, hence this post in the first place, also the major lack of information on it. we go to local libraries etc and they have blueprints, LOADS of info on all local hospitals, NOTHING on st marys. its a weird place, no amount of stories and photos do it justice, youve got to visit it in the dakr to understand

i must admit that is strange. There is an old mental instutuion near us that cloased a while back. There was a goverment order while it was open that trainins traveling on the line near the place did not have to stop if they hit a person as it was such a regular occurance. It was happening daily

people started spreading stories about the place when it closed, and started going onto the base, so they introduced 24/7 secuirty. Which must have cost tax payers ££££££'s. This made the rumors worse. But eventually people got bored, the gurads left, and its now a residential area, with some niiiiiiice houses.
Tom

26th Apr 05 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just remembered about this actually, where one of my mates has moved into (new 'apparatment blocks' at the bottom of this road nr mine (leasowe road) anyway it's on the site of an old childrens hosptial, which funnily enough my step dad was in during the late 50's as he was a really sick kid, he hated it and didn't used to like to talk about it.

Anyway, my mate and his girlfriend and another couple live in there flat, laura has seen a kid sitting underneath there table in the corner with the telly on it, the kid was meant to be sobbing (get this tho, she hadn't mentioned it to dave my mate as he's a bit freaked out over sum other noises, until about 6 weeks ago she brought it up, he had saw pretty much the same thing but just thort he was dreaming and blocked it out of his mind ) they had one of those people round who said she's been to ALOT of the new flats because of similar occurances she said there's was quite badly haunted he's talking about moving out now
CCA

26th Apr 05 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been trying to find stuff on the web about st mary's but the only thing im getting is an IVF centre
You can normally find anything on the web about anything
N90ATH

26th Apr 05 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brad i've been in sevralls in colchester its fuckin great but there startin to refurb it by the look of things went back there a few weeks back and there new windows all around and new toilets and flooring in one part
N90ATH

26th Apr 05 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also the 2 areas that have now been burned are well dangours in severalls, the first one at the back of th building u can get past but the latest one was right by the main way the kids get in so some little shits didnt have th guts to go any further in lol
VegasPhil
Premium Member

26th Apr 05 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting stuff

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
bradfincham

26th Apr 05 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nath -

http://www.simoncornwell.com/urbex/frames.htm

The guy has been into severalls a few times, u should see soem of the stuff!

Also look on the site at the raf base used for animal testing!!

Seriosuly freaky shit
N90ATH

26th Apr 05 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol cool cool

na were goin in there during the day one day to get some pics and then gonna stay the night there and see what happens. me and my mates love it there such a adrenaline rush, been into most places around there even in to the tower part we had to swim under lol
bradfincham

26th Apr 05 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seriously check the 2003 and 2004 archive some crazy shit

my dads missus did mental nursing at studied severalls and got some crazy stories of people, it scares me
dave17

26th Apr 05 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just forgot, weve got a mental hospital about 2mins walk from my house, in the woods

then another 3min drive down the road weve got another one
N90ATH

26th Apr 05 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer i know looked mate fuckin mazin place havent even really been round half of it yet some weird shit def went on in there though we found one place were there was a door either side with about a meter gap inbetween but each door was against the wall so there must of been a room or somethin inbetween them, hard to tell if a door in one of the rooms has been bricked up or something freaky shit lol
James_DT

26th Apr 05 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greg_M
There is an old mental instutuion near us that cloased a while back. There was a goverment order while it was open that trainins traveling on the line near the place did not have to stop if they hit a person as it was such a regular occurance. It was happening daily

people started spreading stories about the place when it closed, and started going onto the base, so they introduced 24/7 secuirty. Which must have cost tax payers ££££££'s. This made the rumors worse. But eventually people got bored, the gurads left, and its now a residential area, with some niiiiiiice houses.

The one up on Bracebridge? I've never heard the train thing before, that's crazy!
dave17

26th Apr 05 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how odd, looked on multimap, but the hospital isnt on there??

but when u go to aerial photo, it shows up:

bradfincham

26th Apr 05 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That blokes site is amazing really inspired me to check severalls out some more now after the stories i ahve heard! may buy the book on tales and nurses accounts!
Jamie

26th Apr 05 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a place up by me, Kingswells - Old mental institute

Few of us went up last year a few times and its quite fuct up.

3rd trip i'm sure there was army/police training there as we kept hearing radio's and the odd rock being thrown

Also Slains Castle, something to do with where Dracula was written or something not to sure that place was really dodgy, especially the dungeons
N90ATH

26th Apr 05 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey brad if ya ever wanna go down let me know would love to go and look around properly without some of my mates bein pussy like usual and well i'm lookin for some maps of the palce but everything is restricted
bradfincham

26th Apr 05 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh i wouldnt mind, also one in wiston essex/suffolk border, but that has been derelict for years i beleive there are millionaire pads there now!

Im unsure whats happening with severalls as it seems to be left!
James_DT

26th Apr 05 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's an ex-US Air Force hospital out in Nocton, near Lincoln. It wasn't a mental hospital, and isn't guarded at all, but it's still creepy during the day. Haven't had chance to go during the night yet.
N90ATH

26th Apr 05 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

severalls has many ppl tryin to save it and have it restored but as it is a registered build ing thing it cant be ripped down so they are leaving it to fall down, but everytime we go there new things have happedn looks like there restoring it slowly
bradfincham

26th Apr 05 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Severalls Mental Hospital near Colchester in Essex closed in 1997, Since then it has started on a slow spiral of decay.

Severalls was built in 1913, housing around 2000 patients at its height. During the first half of its life Severalls bore witness to its share of Questionable practices. Psychiatrists were free to "experiment" with new treatments on patients seemingly at will, These practices reached their climax during the 1950's.

A change in management during the 1960's saw reforms introduced including the creation of art and music therapy programs and the widespread use of drugs and medication.

Since 1997 This 300 acre site has been left to run wild Vandalism and arson have begun to take their toll on the buildings, Severalls is rapidly going the same way as Cane Hill and Hellingly.

The whole site is due to be redeveloped with the loss of all buildings
N90ATH

26th Apr 05 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm weird cos they put in new toiltes and everything in the first building u see when u look at the map on that sites map, (light green colour)
bradfincham

26th Apr 05 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AQUILLA LOOKS ACE!

used for military testing years ago, very very interesting stuff!
N90ATH

26th Apr 05 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would be menatl to have a cs tour of these sites lol
bradfincham

26th Apr 05 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nath, where did you parl fr severalls and did you just make a run for it inot the building?

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » hmm a bit dodgy, can anyone help....updated (56k go make a brew) 23 database queries in 0.0281329 seconds