corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Money

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Money
CorsAsh

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 06 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sister works for the Job Centre, dealing with lots of people on benefits etc, the yearly incomes of some such people is astounding... IIRC, there was one family with a monthly income of almost £5k.

Not surprising they didn't want to work when they could do nothing and get paid that much
Andrew

3rd Mar 06 at 02:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EVERYONE is in their particular situation because they want to be. If you like it then great, if not then do something about it.

I can understand single mothers wanting to stay at home and look after their child and not want a total stranger to look after the child. Personally i wouldn't want a stranger to look after my child.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Mar 06 at 02:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doing something about it is normally quite hard though. Need to get more qualifications/experience to get a job/better job, can't get that without having money for childcare or flexible hours or time to study etc.

Deciding one day to change your life is rather more difficult with commitments like that.
JadeM
Premium Member

3rd Mar 06 at 06:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I've seen, a lot of single parents seem to live a pretty luxurious lifestyle, with a lot of un-necessary luxuries that some people who do go out and work cannot afford.

It all seems wrong somehow. Fair enough the government giving them enough money to feed and clothe their children etc .... but there is something wrong when they can afford flashy cars, flashy clothes, Motorola V3 mobiles and sunbeds every week, and still have money left over to go out everyweekend, unlike some folk who are out working and contributing to the economy I mean WTF is that all about !!!!!

[Edited on 03-03-2006 by JadeM]
Edd

3rd Mar 06 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
quote:
Originally posted by Edd
this is coming from a person who knows the system

a single mother is better off being on benefits than out working

excuse me i am a single mother and i work 9 til 3 every day and i dont get a single benefit

your excused

i wasnt having a go mearly stating a point

and if you dont claim what you are entitled to you are a fool
Andrew

3rd Mar 06 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Doing something about it is normally quite hard though. Need to get more qualifications/experience to get a job/better job, can't get that without having money for childcare or flexible hours or time to study etc.

Deciding one day to change your life is rather more difficult with commitments like that.

Yes it is hard and takes time. But you didn't get where you are in 5 minutes.

This is my 5th year now at uni (on placement this year) and i did 3 years at college before that. I'm far from cleaver but will work at it.

[Edited on 03-03-2006 by Andrew]
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Mar 06 at 09:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
From what I've seen, a lot of single parents seem to live a pretty luxurious lifestyle, with a lot of un-necessary luxuries that some people who do go out and work cannot afford.

It all seems wrong somehow. Fair enough the government giving them enough money to feed and clothe their children etc .... but there is something wrong when they can afford flashy cars, flashy clothes, Motorola V3 mobiles and sunbeds every week, and still have money left over to go out everyweekend, unlike some folk who are out working and contributing to the economy I mean WTF is that all about !!!!!

Well said
Liam

3rd Mar 06 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

, i agree it isnt fair that people on benefits can afford to do more things than people that are earning and paying taxes.
stuartmitchell

3rd Mar 06 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

sums up my feeling exactly

well put Jade
JadeM
Premium Member

3rd Mar 06 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pisses me off big time !! I don't mind genuine people getting the help they need, but the ones who milk the system, tell lies and are better off than families out doing a hard days graft to make ends meet really makes me angry.

What makes me really mad is that you get some people who believe them and actually feel sorry for them 'being stuck in the house all day, having too look after a kid all on thier own' !!!

Fuck my heart bleeds for them !!!
stuartmitchell

3rd Mar 06 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you ever though about being an MP?
JadeM
Premium Member

3rd Mar 06 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell
you ever though about being an MP?

Funny you should say that ........................

<<  8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Money 22 database queries in 0.0141380 seconds