corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Mates SWB Quattro - Build Thread

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Mates SWB Quattro - Build Thread
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Jan 09 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamish went to see the progress yesterday so got a few more pics...

Shell is nearly finished, just a wee bit more left!

I got a text of my mate saying its primered and ready to collect Sat so I'l get him to e-mail me some primered pics over today!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Fro

15th Jan 09 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it!
Matt L

15th Jan 09 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th Jan 09 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simon and Ollie who run solwayblastcleaning.co.uk e-mailed me the pics of the shell all primered up this morning and waiting on Hamish going with a trailer to collect on Sat!

Then its straight from the blasters to SBS-Bodystyling for all the bodywork preperation and painting to be carried out!

More pics at the weekend!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Marc

15th Jan 09 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good.
Matt L

15th Jan 09 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking awesome now howcome it still has the pipes on the side? is it so he can still do stuff on the underside?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th Jan 09 at 13:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
looking awesome now howcome it still has the pipes on the side? is it so he can still do stuff on the underside?

Its so it could be blasted / primered underneath. Due to having the floor cut out the boot for the radiator and no mounting holes they didn't want to stick it on the giant rotisserie so used those instead!

Will be same for any prep / paint work on the underside also

Matt L

15th Jan 09 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool for some reason i had thoughts of you saying it is being left on
t_benn_1

15th Jan 09 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't wait to see this finished.
t_benn_1

15th Jan 09 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ow and anybody who wants to do something like this between a few of us but on a smaller scale let me know

[Edited on 15-01-2009 by t_benn_1]
Joe-Tait

16th Jan 09 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting closer to paint

Wonder what price you could put on the shell to date ?
Tom

19th Jan 09 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any update from the weekend, favourite thread on here
Joe-Tait

19th Jan 09 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Snap update time...
FAZ
Premium Member

19th Jan 09 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are the two vertical bars for at each door, or are they part of the cage?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

19th Jan 09 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ

Which bars, please tell me you don't mean the sections to enable it to tip over?!

It was safely dropped off at SBS on Sat my mate got a few pics of it, but hasn't uploaded them anywhere yet if or when he does I'll pop them on here!

SBS has an R5 to finish this week, then be cracking on with the Quattro amongst other things updates will come when Hamish posts them in the original thread

Ellis

19th Jan 09 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
Which bars, please tell me you don't mean the sections to enable it to tip over?!
Rick Draper

27th Jan 09 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any further progress on this?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

28th Jan 09 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
Any further progress on this?

R5 GTT's gone or awaiting collection so bodyshop have this, a cossie 206 and trade work on so will be progress coming soon.

Hamish was up there on Monday grinding a few last bits down on the shell!

I'll update when I get them from Hamish

SVM 286

2nd Feb 09 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shell looks amazing in daylight pics and even more so blasted and primered.

Dan, how did they get the panel from the roof workshop down with the car on it without it just sliding into the chains?

Is it anchored to it before dropping the section down, or is it chained/roped/strapped/held elsewhere in the building?

Tom

12th Feb 09 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BUMP!
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

12th Feb 09 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only update is...

PVW Magazine "Built Not Bought" feature car this month!

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th Feb 09 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A little more to report.

He has had a few bits shot blasted this week ready for powder coating next week.

Stitch welded the wishbones today. Could have welded better but he stuggled to get them clean enough into the seam.

Also recieved some alloy subframe bushes, so the subframe will be solidly mounted to the shell. A full set of poly bushes so the subframes can go back together once powder coated.

The cylinder head and dry sump are well underway, hopefully they should be done in the next couple of months!

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

13th Mar 09 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rear diff and driveshafts cleaned up and painted.

A few bits powder coated, and he is going to crack on with some more bits this weekend!

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

16th Mar 09 at 07:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yum
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

24th Mar 09 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A little bit more progress.

The struts are now converted into coilovers. He made sure they was plenty of red oxide on the struts before the tubes were welded on. They were easy to weld on and dressed down they look spot on, thinking back he should have done it before they were powder coated but never mind! Just need a set of springs to finish them now. He is still undecided on spring rates.

Got the radiator cowling finished with the alloy sides rivited on! Used some wet and dry paper to give a brushed look.

The subframes are now built up, all stainless bolts, nuts, and washers. Had an issue with the antiroll bar bush that goes through the wishbone. It had too large a hole for the old metal sleve so he made up some larger ones and pushed the old ones inside them. Apart from that it all went together fine.

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Mates SWB Quattro - Build Thread 24 database queries in 0.0198529 seconds