corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » black corsa sport project (PVS update 13.6.11)

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author black corsa sport project (PVS update 13.6.11)
SRI-LEE

User status: Offline
17th Jun 10 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went to pvs at the weekend with the gf and a few mates had an awesome weekend set off on friday 205 miles around 5 hours with stops e.t.c awesome run down beautiful weather! couldnt be any better just sat in traffic on the m6 for around an hour!, set off at 1 got there around 6 oclock quite a few people already there got camp set up and started drinking!.
on the saturday i decided to take my car up the strip first time ever doing so first run was against a stripped out corsa with a 2 litre on throatle bodies under the bonnet,as you could guess i got beat,second run was against a 1.6 astra totally standard i won best time i got was a 17.8 had sleeping bags and stuff in the boot to i was happy with anmything under 20 tbh,then disaster!.
pulled off the strip and the car kept like locking up then going again hard to explain anyway further investigation diagnosis diff collapsed anyway after that i parked it back on the corsa sport stand for the rest of the day and enjoyed the rest of the day,sunday didnt show the car as its broke left it at the tent,me and the girfriend both whent in the drift cars which was awesome, i was passenger in the green skyline and she went in the omega all good fun!, stayed until 2pm then me and the team drove as far away from the pod as i could with my car broke ,,
if you were stuck in a que leaving santa pod im responsible was going 20 mph for around 15 miles with nasty noises coming from the gbox not good! got to tesco in wellingbrough that was the plan,rung the rac as im a member to come recover me to take me 200 miles home,id taking my drag strip tag off and cleaned the windows,rac man came checked the car,said it wont make it home then said there not going to recover me due to goin up the strip i denied all that but he said he could see the tar up the side of my car and inside the wheel arch anyway he left me stranded after around an hour woundering what the hell; we were going to do and alot of phone calls,girlfreinds dad booked us into a hotel near by! so we drove there around 5 miles seen a couple of the corsa sport members there c4 rsa? and c 5 rsa and i think it was c9 rsa? all lovely cars,
so anyway we stayed there sunday night,then luckily 2 of our friends went to the french car show and were heading home monday morning so after informing the hotel about my car we left it there just taking our clothes home and its still there now,200 miels from home! work have leant me there recovery truck and im heading down at the weekend to get it! luckly its got working security camera pointing right at it so should be all safe! so thats my pvs 2010 was an amazing weekend and wont be forgotten thats for sure! sorry for the essay and any spelling grammer mistakes heres lots of pics i took loads more! enjoy

At the toll booth

On the stand

When it was broke

On the stand again

Me up the drag strip!

Waiting for recovery that never happend &#61516;

and 2 videos of me going up the strip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT0XcbOe998

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlf58ODWqBY&feature=related
barney1.6sport

17th Jun 10 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so gutted i couldnt make it to pvs ! looks like such a good weekend. those bumpers and arches u got sprayed up look great. so much better now ! sorry 2 hear about the car lol, bet that ruined it abit 4 ya =\
Nic Barnes

17th Jun 10 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

according to my handbook with the aa, aslong as the car is road legal, and competing in any form of road legal event, they have to recover it.
SRI-LEE

17th Jun 10 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks barney it did at first but then i just thought theres nothing i could do so no point letting it ruin the weekend,yeah its an awesome weekend i loved it!,thats what i thort nic obviously youd have thought the rac will be the same,thanks for that nic i can tell you know once my cars back home i will be having words with the rac about this!!
Nic Barnes

17th Jun 10 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would mate. the aa came in to ten of best when i broke down and took my car home no issues at all.
SRI-LEE

17th Jun 10 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks nic mate thats great really takes the piss and its not on i pay to get recoverd werever i am so id say they messed up will get the case rolling next week once i get my car back this weekend, il be making a note of all expenses
Nic Barnes

17th Jun 10 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fix it and have another go at kirkbride mid july.....not as far to travel.
SRI-LEE

17th Jun 10 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

il get my 1.6 in then il be there! loved it at santa pod
Rybo

17th Jun 10 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you want a hand lee ripping the 1400 out let me know, im real busy with work but will try to find time a couple of nights
SRI-LEE

18th Jun 10 at 07:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers ryan will do! going to pick it up tomorrow a fun journey thats going to be!
fillmecca

18th Jun 10 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gutted lee
SRI-LEE

19th Jun 10 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv rung the RAC now to send me a copy of the terms and conditions as iov lost mine il be reading them before i ring next week!
SRI-LEE

20th Jun 10 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys anouther update

1 recovery truck-230 miles-10 hours-£100 fuel-£18 toll road fee -£10 food

after all this shes home set off at 11 30 yesterday morning arrived there at around 3 pm checked it all over no marks new dints e.t.c so really happy BUT! i had left it unlocked all week! me being an idiot must have been so tired/annoyed to rember to check if its locked before i left,luckily nothings been touched so lucky,as there was loads of drink auto glym kit camping equipment inside oops! anyway its back home was a fair adventure anyway but i was absolutly drained when i got home last night! couple of pics of the journey

were she stayed for a week

was hard work getting it on the truck!

loaded up good to go

10 miles from home needle was on red at the motorway pulled off and rimmed it

couple of goodies i bought from pvs
bonnet gas struts and also a new front grill as mine was more grey than black and was broken

pipercross panel filter and also the sticker in my back window i had made at pv

SRI-LEE

20th Jun 10 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been playing with the car,starting to take it to bits to put a 1.6 in,found that the driver side driveshaft inner cv joint was knackerd but also my diff has killed itself,there was marks on the cover plate of the gbox,were bits had hit it from the inside!, took it off and found loads of teath missing on my planet gears and one even fell out! in my hands so its a bit broken!,managed to get all anti roll bar off ball joints e.t.c and have taken the radiator out and the condenser as im getting rid off the air con,also got a few more smaller bits removed will update as i go

heres the damage

Ant B

20th Jun 10 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck fixxing it mate,sorry to here about your brakdown but your hopefully fix it and it will be even BETTER
SRI-LEE

20th Jun 10 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate yeah i hope so will have a bigger engine and a tidyer engine bay and most of it be new parts
R1chard

20th Jun 10 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Redtop FTW
You know you want to
Rybo

20th Jun 10 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by R1chard
Redtop FTW
You know you want to

he wont hes being ghey!! lol
SRI-LEE

21st Jun 10 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no there gay im sticking to a 1.6
barney1.6sport

21st Jun 10 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oo looks expensive lol. the bottom ends gone on my 1.6 already thinking about another 1.6 or a redtop. Noticed you said your removing the air con ? is it just as simple as taking off the pump and fitting the smaller fan belt ?
SRI-LEE

21st Jun 10 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol bottom end gone what a nitemare,well bit more than that iv just done it tonight theres a big black box inside the car under the glove box that has to come out then you can have the bigger glovebox and tray,to get to that you take wipers off scuttle panel off then you can get to all the bolts there once you got that out and all the pipes,remove the condensor also behind the radiator,i think i need a radiator out of a non air con model now am i right ryan? or is there no difference? then take the pump off and get smaller belt i also got all the loom from the ecu through to the engine tonight so just a few more hoses and pipes then she be ready to drop down

[Edited on 21-06-2010 by SRI-LEE]
Rybo

21st Jun 10 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRI-LEE
lol bottom end gone what a nitemare,well bit more than that iv just done it tonight theres a big black box inside the car under the glove box that has to come out then you can have the bigger glovebox and tray,to get to that you take wipers off scuttle panel off then you can get to all the bolts there once you got that out and all the pipes,remove the condensor also behind the radiator,i think i need a radiator out of a non air con model now am i right ryan? or is there no difference? then take the pump off and get smaller belt i also got all the loom from the ecu through to the engine tonight so just a few more hoses and pipes then she be ready to drop down

[Edited on 21-06-2010 by SRI-LEE]

my advice assisted once again eh lee lad,i get cut to ribbons when i did mine and learn the hard way... lol ,got your text - paintballing saturday shall rock!!
SRI-LEE

22nd Jun 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yes could you make me up a blanking plate like yours mate? haha yus gonna be awesome! cant wait
fillmecca

23rd Jun 10 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.6...boring lol i have the bigger tray that sites under the glove box here lee if you wnt it?? and if you need a hand with anything you know were i am
SRI-LEE

23rd Jun 10 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not going for power couldnt care how fast it is tbh lol i just want a tidy engine bay other wise id just put a different gerarbox in simple as ,il let you knwo if i need one mate engine should be out monday night

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » black corsa sport project (PVS update 13.6.11) 23 database queries in 0.0170639 seconds