corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » UEFA ban Chavski from making signings - Pg 3: Now United? Pg 6: Now City? Pg 11: United Again?

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author UEFA ban Chavski from making signings - Pg 3: Now United? Pg 6: Now City? Pg 11: United Again?
Cosmo

User status: Offline
9th Sep 09 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
All you've got over us is 2 European Cups now. Granted they're big cups.

You say 'all' like you'll go out tomorrow and get United a few more
Marc

9th Sep 09 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was part of the banter
Cosmo

9th Sep 09 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didnt want this to be missed...

quote:
Oops.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_5545581,00.html

Signings of Michele Fornasier and Alberto Massacci being investigated now

mwg

9th Sep 09 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw it on the last page
jim_r1

9th Sep 09 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

TBH, that may well be true. It would surprise me as I know we have done certain things in the past to get players (such as using the European loop hole where if you offer their parents a job over here then the club cant stop the player moving with them and therefore available for another club.)

What makes me laugh though is we offered £1m for him (I dont believe for one minute Crewe would turn down that much for a 15yr old), so at first we were hardly trying to 'steal from the poor clubs'

Still...you've gone and fucked yourselves over as you lot had a close relationship with us and we've helped out a lot moneywise in the past, so hopefully that is all over now.

The £1m was with appearance fees and all them sort of things. And crewe do turn down big bids for players if they thing they can progress a bit more and earn higher fees, Dean Ashton as an exampe.

As for our Liverpool link, that went when Dario resigned as manager and Rick Parry left liverpool. We dont have a link anymore because them being good friends was the link.
Nath

9th Sep 09 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like this Terry bloke.
Cosmo

9th Sep 09 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I like this Terry bloke.

Gayer.
Nath

9th Sep 09 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
I like this Terry bloke.

Gayer.

You called him 'hunny'
Nath

9th Sep 09 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Im not wound up hunny,

Cosmo

9th Sep 09 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jealous much
Nath

9th Sep 09 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you got me
Limecat
Banned

9th Sep 09 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I like this Terry bloke.

Imagine how cool he would be if he supported Arsenal?
Terry12

9th Sep 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:
I like this Terry bloke.

Imagine how cool he would be if he supported Arsenal?

My ultimate aim is to be the epitome of cool and support Oldham
Terry12

9th Sep 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
I'm with Terry on this. He just fucking OWNED Cosmo.

Cosmo bangs on about history but then when the tables are turned, 2 years ago don't count!?! WTF?

You're probably best keeping your mouth shut until you have read everything or you're just going to make yourself seem as stupid as Terrytibs has.

The comment you have said to me is EXACTLY what I was saying to Terry. He was the one who said history doesnt count for shit but then would only draw a conclusion on how this season will go from 2yrs ago and not last year. Hence why when he then changed his tune I switched mine to take the piss as he suddenly found a use for 'history'.

I love how you twist what you said to suit. You should be a lawyer.
From the offset I said the bringing up the past to list how many titles won is irrelevant to me. The history of players and there performances I do find important. I actually miss the 80's and 90's, I just don't go on and on and on and on about what my team won...Unlike Scousers as that's pretty much all they have left to boast about.

Even in the 90's Scousers were baiting United fans about 18 times and come back when we have won it 18 times etc. It's fucking boring fella.
My going back a couple of years to state Torres alone couldn't win you the league was rellevant. What has changed since then? You still play one up front and rely on Gerrard.
Cosmo

9th Sep 09 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Terry12
My going back a couple of years to state Torres alone couldn't win you the league was rellevant. What has changed since then? You still play one up front and rely on Gerrard.

Lots has changed since 2yrs ago, new RB (Johnson), new LB (Insua and a fit Aurelio), new CB (Skrtel and a fit Agger), new LW (Riera), new RW (Kuyt, as he wasnt on the right then).

And one minute Torres isnt winning us the league, and next minute we are relying on Gerrard?
Terry12

9th Sep 09 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even you said with those 2 fit and in the team you'll win the league.
Cosmo

9th Sep 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Indeed, they are our two best players and I think we need them in the team all season to win the league.

Much like for United to win the league Id say you'd need a fit Rooney, and would of said Ronaldo too.

And for Chavski they need Anelka and Drogba to stay fit.

All teams have their top players that they depend on, unless you can afford to buy 11 of them.
Terry12

9th Sep 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Indeed, they are our two best players and I think we need them in the team all season to win the league.

Much like for United to win the league Id say you'd need a fit Rooney, and would of said Ronaldo too.

And for Chavski they need Anelka and Drogba to stay fit.

All teams have their top players that they depend on, unless you can afford to buy 11 of them.

Never argued the fact you need outstanding players.
Don't agree with Chelsea though, They need Lampard and Terry to perform more than the 2 sulks.

At the end of the day you said I should be worried that Torres is fit and to be honest i'm not. I can't be wrong in that as i'm not stating fact but my opinion.
Liverpool really don't worry me this season as Benitez has gone backwards not forward with the team.
Cosmo

9th Sep 09 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Other than Alonso going, which he has no control over, we've signed a much much better RB, and hopefully someone who will step in and replace Alonso.

If you're talking about teams going backwards then United are the ones you should be looking at.
Danny P

9th Sep 09 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a feeling this could go on for a while
Marc

9th Sep 09 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing with Liverpool is, they have their stand out players, then they have players that do their job but don't set the Premier League on fire, a la Fletcher and O'Shea. So people just think of Gerrard and Torres.

Cosmoan will be the first to tell you about the 4-1 defeat
Cosmo

9th Sep 09 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The thing with Liverpool is, they have their stand out players, then they have players that do their job but don't set the Premier League on fire, a la Fletcher and O'Shea. So people just think of Gerrard and Torres.

All the teams have those though, thats my point. The fact is though these two are so head and shoulders above everyone else (hence why they are the two highest placed players in the PL listed in the top players in the world), it makes everyone think the others are miles behind in terms of quality. But the players I listed last night are exceptionally good players also who would walk in to the majority of teams out there.

People are looking at the loss of Alonso, and the poor start, and automatically assuming we have gone backwards, but we'll be right up there again this season.

United will feel the loss on Ronaldo a lot lot more than we will Alonso - especially if Aquilani steps up to the mark as he could.
Marc

9th Sep 09 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alonsoo wasn't a goal scorer so yeah, we will miss Ronaldo more.
Cosmo

9th Sep 09 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Alonsoo wasn't a goal scorer so yeah, we will miss Ronaldo more.

It doesnt just come down to that, Alonso was a central part to how we played, but he isnt irreplaceable like Ronaldo is for any team.

Im not going to, but I could drag up a load of posts from the end of last season when Alonso never got into the team of the season and everyone disagreed with me when I said he should of. Yet now they are all saying now he is gone we are fucked

Plus we beat the scum 4-1 away without Alonso in the team....
Marc

9th Sep 09 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is one of those players that you don't miss until he isn't there. Unless you're a Liverpool fan and you see him week in week out. Just like I can see the work Fletcher puts in for us.

<<  8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » UEFA ban Chavski from making signings - Pg 3: Now United? Pg 6: Now City? Pg 11: United Again? 23 database queries in 0.0173330 seconds