corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Who's got a spiderbox?

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who's got a spiderbox?
John

User status: Offline
12th May 12 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's pretty common.
Brett
Premium Member

12th May 12 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it assumed that sky will've setup the dish the best way already? In really poor weather some channels can break up occasionally. Not a massive deal as it's still watchable, but if it's just a case of adjusting it i could.
John

12th May 12 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it not tell you signal strength somewhere? Dish could easily be knocked off just a bit though.
WATSON

12th May 12 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This morning turned box on and all channels was there, looks like the box has a mind of its own

Been working on a far better channel list since Friday, will upload and update you guys when done
WATSON

14th May 12 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at upgrading the box already Really starting to dislike the EPG and not been able to record unless i run an external HDD.

Been looking at the Vu+ uno & Vu+duo anyone had any experience with these two? whats the recording and EPG like?

Brett
Premium Member

15th May 12 at 07:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same here Watson, really bugs the mrs Gonna stick the openbox in the bedroom and get a better one for the living room. Am i right in thinking the better boxes have a place to put a url in for the EPG stuff?
John

15th May 12 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure on the ins and outs but they do pull from the web somehow.
WATSON

23rd May 12 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ordered up a Vu+ duo twin tunner with 500GB HDD running enigma2 open source firmware meant to be the best and supports a full 7 EPG too

Only down side i fly back to work Friday morning until July

[Edited on 23-05-2012 by WATSON]
AlunJ

23rd May 12 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might have to get myself one of those when I actually have some money
Brett
Premium Member

18th Jun 12 at 07:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone tried out the PVR on their OpenBox yet?

I tried to record box office for the little'un last night. It was on at 1am and I didn't really have anything to have so I just (stupidly) stuck a 2GB memory stick in the back and set the timer. All worked great, except 2GB was filled in 10mins

Going off that would it be safe to assume that it's around 2GB per 10mins recording time then? It's just 36GB seems a lot for a 3hr show, although I guess that is uncompressed or whatever.

No real harm since they repeat the show through today, it's just we'll struggle to catch one at the actual start time before she has to go to bed I think She loves WWE too

[Edited on 18-06-2012 by Brett]
John

18th Jun 12 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shouldn't fill it that quick. Memory stick probably won't work though, I tried to pause on a memory stick but it kept coming up media too slow.

Not sure how much longer I can put up with no EPG though, it is a massive downgrade from a sky box.
Brett
Premium Member

18th Jun 12 at 08:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, it seemingly works fine doing everything on the memory stick here. I did a test run before setting the timer just recording tv that was on and it worked fine, played fine, etc, etc. I just didn't test longer than 10mins (the 10mins of box office also worked fine).

Like I said, it works a treat, but just seemingly uses massive amount of data.

I can live without the EPG when you consider that for the same with Sky you're looking at £80+ a month. Saying that, my sky-chink is getting me a DreamBox for £150 that can do EPG. Gonna stick that in the living room and use the OpenBox in the bedroom. EPG thing annoys the mrs a bit.

[Edited on 18-06-2012 by Brett]
fred7

21st Jun 12 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone still using a spiderbox with the march update installed? having problems
WATSON

22nd Jun 12 at 05:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brett, can you not link up an external hard drive to the open box?

Still not due back home for another 3 weeks can't wait to try out the vu+
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Jun 12 at 06:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes mate, the same way I linked up a USB stick

I think John may've been right anyway. I think it maybe stopped itself because it was possibly to slow to write to or something, because when I inspected it, the 10mins had only taken up 300MB, which sounds more reasonable than previously stated.

Think I'm just gonna get a 60GB external for £20 on ebay, just so we can record the odd late box office stuff.
John

22nd Jun 12 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've tried to record something the past couple of nights and it doesn't seem to work from timer. Tried hitting timer record from the EPG and also setting a timer up from the menu.

If I hit record or pause while I'm watching something it works fine. Do you have to leave it on instead of on standby? Does that stupid 'rec' symbol always stay on screen?
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Jun 12 at 08:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just set mine up from the EPG, however on the box office channels it doesn't show now and next, so I had to edit the details manually once I hit the yellow button to set it. Just need to make sure it says "record" I guess, rather than "channel", but iirc it defaults to that anyway.

I did actually leave my box turned on rather than standby, just in case it didn't auto-on.
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Jun 12 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and yes, rec symbol is annoying Although (maybe obviously) it's not on the recordings themselves.

One thing I wasn't sure on, I think there's an option that says somethin like "PS RECORD" on/off. Wasn't sure what that was so just left it off.
John

22nd Jun 12 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know what that is but I think I turned it on because I must have any feature possible turned on. Will take that off and try it.
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Jun 12 at 09:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were you in a similar boat to me and the only "manual" inside the box was how to enter the server details? Thin 2 page thing haha No manual on the rest of the box at all. I might look for one on google, although there's only the 'ps-record' that isn't fairly self-explanatory.
John

22nd Jun 12 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't even open it, anything I didn't get straight away I just had a look about the forums. Scanning for channels and setting up the clines I probably wouldn't have worked out without forums.
noshua

22nd Jun 12 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"ps is mostly used for timeshifting and isn't normally used for reqular recording.
The receiver forces .ts recording for hd channels anyway."

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/287929-recording-openbox-s11.html
WATSON

11th Aug 12 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone still using there openbox?

I've a feeling sky has blocked mine, I seem to have lost channels.

done a full box reset ect spoke to my line client cant seem to sort the issue.

one thing i have noticed ive a weird sign at all my channels ($) any idea guys?
Brett
Premium Member

11th Aug 12 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

$ has always been on my channels? They're the paid subscription ones you're supposed to be blagging. All mine seem to work ok tho?

[Edited on 11-08-2012 by Brett]
WATSON

11th Aug 12 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very weird..

I've spoke to my line client and he seem's to think everything is ok, I've fully paid up aswell!

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Who's got a spiderbox? 24 database queries in 0.0180099 seconds