corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Gus My 1.0 (x14xe) gls daily project, kissed a tree :/ being broken all for sale

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gus My 1.0 (x14xe) gls daily project, kissed a tree :/ being broken all for sale
gidged500
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Feb 12 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot to ask as well does anyone have a pair of these ...

They sit behind the re enforcement bar on the front
Haimsey
Premium Member

25th Feb 12 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good.

I mean the progress and goodies, not the cross dressing

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
gidged500
Premium Member

25th Feb 12 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ha ha thanks I need another project thread for my cross dressing got a little update to do when I get home got a new dress no I'm joking
kennySRi

25th Feb 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strange boy

How's the other corsa coming along? Did you sort that welding out?
gidged500
Premium Member

25th Feb 12 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jealous are you , yeah re welded it continuos welds and added some more plates just needs tax now
kennySRi

25th Feb 12 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any pics of the welding? Im guessing you didnt do it

I am not jealous in the slightest G.
gidged500
Premium Member

25th Feb 12 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I did do it my mate did the first attempt no not got any atm lost interest in the car tbh hens why I'm spending my money on the black Corsa how's your nova ?
kennySRi

25th Feb 12 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought you said that you did that first attempt.

I don't have a nova
gidged500
Premium Member

26th Feb 12 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I didn't do any welding on it lol your bm then
kennySRi

26th Feb 12 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bm is fine thank you George

Ah must of misread your thread then when you told us that you did the welding Dont worry, i have never tried welding before and know i would be crap at it.
gidged500
Premium Member

27th Feb 12 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to hear , lol it's not the easiest thing to do what happened to the nova anyway ?
gidged500
Premium Member

27th Feb 12 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So an update that involves gus ! Amazing I know but black Corsa first.
Fitted a few new bits first of all are green stuff v6 pads and discs ...

The Ceasaros are getting refurbed there a little used
Also replaced the hub as the old one had done this

Also fitted a Cav ecu to the Corsa and that's cured the running problem and cleared the eml
So over to gus ! Nicked an alloy off him so I can put a matching set on the black Corsa whilst the Ceasaros are being refurbed few pics

Ruined :/

Also this has appeared :/ hope it washes off unless gus has got jaundice :s

And got this off AdamD yesterday top seller

That will be going in the boot in my false floor hopefully next week
Also saw this and seeing as I was in a nova ....

Anyway that's all for now hope you enjoyed that
kennySRi

27th Feb 12 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gidged500
Good to hear , lol it's not the easiest thing to do what happened to the nova anyway ?

It was sat on my drive for nearly 2 years untouched and was getting in a bad way, needed way too much money spending on it to make it as clean as i wanted, made more sense to finally strip it and scrap the shell, at least nobody is going to bring it back on the road now as i cut the shell up myself Time to move on i suppose...

Cant believe you have waited until now to sort those wheels out! Should just of given them a quick paint, an hours job and less than £20.

The motorway picture would of been better with the vauxhall in it, did she find out what was causing that electrical problem by the way?

I would be seeing if that yellow crap will come off Gus, doesnt look too good. May of caught something from your mayonaise filled engine, luckily it isnt too much of a job if the headgasket has gone on the 2.0, you can get the clutch fitted at the same time. Chances are the ecu wasnt at fault the other week, could of been the HG on it's way out.

Kenny
gidged500
Premium Member

27th Feb 12 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm getting the wheels properly sprayed want a nice finish just havnt got round to it
Can't believe you chopped the nova
Gonna get a sponge and some car shampoo on gus just to get shut hopefully
Tried a new ecu on the black Corsa and it's running fine still think it needs a new head gasket the heads are porous anyway. Not a major job thankfully
kennySRi

27th Feb 12 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's still running then it may not be the HG, could be plenty of other things. Check everything before coming to the conclusion that it is the Hg, not the end of the world though as it gives you an excuse to change other things at the same time.

You should be able to get rid of the spots on Gus temporary to sell on but they will come back, depends how much of an honest seller you want to be lol.

Will be good to see the black corsa on some properly painted wheels, it has potential to be a nice car!
gidged500
Premium Member

27th Feb 12 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm gonna have a proper look over it this weekend and not use it, I won't be selling gus it's too solid only done 35k from new and been garaged all it's life.
If it is the head I'll be doing the porous mod and maybe stick some new cams in
kennySRi

27th Feb 12 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought you meant sell it when you said get shut of it.

Get it cammed and maybe race that ST again
gidged500
Premium Member

27th Feb 12 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah lol no ill be keeping it , lol I don't race st"s bet you've seen it with that blonde lad driving it
kennySRi

27th Feb 12 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know which ST tbh, was just going off that stupid thread you did last year
gidged500
Premium Member

28th Feb 12 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh I know that was an epic thread I've grown up now
SimonTW

1st Mar 12 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread needs proper updates. There has been a distinct lack of them since you found a girlfriend!
gidged500
Premium Member

2nd Mar 12 at 15:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ha ha there is some truth in that Si, hoping to get the door on at weekend so might be going up Sunday I'll give ypu a txt though
gidged500
Premium Member

2nd Mar 12 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gonna put a post up in the wanted section but gonna do it here aswell
I need 2 glacier white front wings good condition not rusty or dented
And a glacier white front bumper please
kennySRi

2nd Mar 12 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rather than waiting for some white ones to come up which probably wont be perfect you may aswell find some cheap parts and get them sprayed, at least then they will be looking mint
gidged500
Premium Member

3rd Mar 12 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've already got a pair of mint red wings, just thought I'd see if anyone had any save me a few ££s

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Gus My 1.0 (x14xe) gls daily project, kissed a tree :/ being broken all for sale 24 database queries in 0.0174289 seconds