corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The super sky deal is BACK ON see page 10, new and OLD customers now!

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The super sky deal is BACK ON see page 10, new and OLD customers now!
M2RTY

User status: Offline
19th Feb 13 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have standard package, hd box, unlimited bb, line rental thats 1 year old end of march

Anything i can benefit from?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

19th Feb 13 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cancelled my subscription last night, taken out in missus name for day after cut off point.

Thanks again Dan, great offer and bargain to us at cost of £10.

Thank your friend also please!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Dan
Premium Member

19th Feb 13 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Afraid not Marty. Unless you do what dan did. At your own risk obviously

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
NovaGTE2

19th Feb 13 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
Cancelled my subscription last night, taken out in missus name for day after cut off point.

Were they ok with this? Guessing it wouldnt work with same surname? Mine's been cancelled about a month now; I guess I would have to wait 6 months for it to be classed as a new customer again?
Robin
Premium Member

19th Feb 13 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you delay installtion by a month or so?
John

19th Feb 13 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but they send the letters and cards to the new address within a couple of days.

I just cancelled for a couple of months and then phoned back up for 75% off btw. As usual though, they've overcharged me every month.

[Edited on 19-02-2013 by John]
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

19th Feb 13 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NovaGTE2
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa

Were they ok with this? Guessing it wouldnt work with same surname? Mine's been cancelled about a month now; I guess I would have to wait 6 months for it to be classed as a new customer again?

Yes setup new account in GF's name, my parents have also used Dans offer and worked for them. Same surname Mam cancelled and Dad took out in his name.

Mine cuts off on 21st and installed 23rd.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
jacko198

19th Feb 13 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do it on the same phone call? Or cancel, hang up then call back?

Great idea tbh
jacko198

19th Feb 13 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And is that £32.88 a month for the 1st 6 months or just for as long as I have the contract?

Also. Can you sell a sky hd box easily? They don't want it back do they?
Dan
Premium Member

19th Feb 13 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

12 months for new customer offer and 9 for old customer offer

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

19th Feb 13 at 15:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
You do it on the same phone call? Or cancel, hang up then call back?

Great idea tbh

Cancel on phone, pay Dan for code, use code and order online just make sure fitting is after cut off day. Sell HD box for £50 on eBay.

big eck

19th Feb 13 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Sky is raping me big time. We pay £52 a month for the full hd package, that every channel bar the sport channels.

What's others paying for that deal??

Anyone use the new 2 terrabite box, we tried to get one for free but there having none of it and its costing us £168.
Bart

19th Feb 13 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
I think Sky is raping me big time. We pay £52 a month for the full hd package, that every channel bar the sport channels.

What's others paying for that deal??

Do what I did a couple of weeks back.
ring up, and go through to customer services.
This department is full of teenagers and morons. When you get through, just say you'd like to see if theres any deals for existing customers, anything you can do to get your bills down. Your desperately trying to reduce your outgoings. You've seen other deals with Virgin and want to see if Sky can compete with that.
So far, nothing wrong with asking that, all above board.

The rep will most likely say no so you ask to be put through to the cancellation team, for the above reason.
When you get put through, explain that your trying to reduce your monthly outgoings, you've seen other deals online and can get a very competitive package with VM.
If she asks you what price your looking at from VM, just say you don't really want to disclose that because you don't want to get into a dutch auction between the two companies. Explain your happy with sky, like the services but simply want to reduce your outgoings.
9/10 they will offer you a reduction there and then, its their ONLY job to keep customers, not loose them.

If they hold their guns then carry on through with it and proceed to cancel. When you get towards the end of the telephone call, request the 'Service Cutoff Date', this is the date that the Sky box will be switched off. Depending on when you last paid your direct debit, this could be up to 4 weeks in advance.
Thank the lady and hang up there.

From there, you'll normally contacted within a week of your cutoff date and they'll offer you a discount to stay with sky.
If for some reason they don't (wont happen), you can ring up a day or two before the cutoff and explain you've had a change of mind and don't wish to leave.

I did the above and was offered a discount from the cancellation team, saving a good £18 a month.

Hope this helps.
Dan
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That does work a lot of the time. Nothing beats this deal though.

Offer ends 21/3/13 btw

Bart

20th Feb 13 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
That does work a lot of the time. Nothing beats this deal though.

Offer ends 21/3/13 btw

Dan,
What im referring to only relates to current sky customers, your offer does not relate to current sky customers?

Or am I mistaken?
cunningham

20th Feb 13 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When cancelling and setting up in partner or someone elses name are you using same payment details ie joint account?
Dan
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea sorry bart, that's true.

Only current deal is the free broadband one.

I wouldn't use same details, as that creates a trail..

Dan
Premium Member

21st Feb 13 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those who paid today, should all have received codes now

jacko198

22nd Feb 13 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate.

How quickly have people been able to cancel?

Phoned them up and they said 31 days notice. Only thing is the latest date i can get it installed is the 12th :s

They are busy and i cba waiting 15 mins to find out.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

22nd Feb 13 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More install dates are added, you've got till 21st March to use the code sent from Dan.

jacko198

22nd Feb 13 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think its worth canceling it now then.

Then wait, keep checking until a better date is added? And just hope they are not a week after ive cancelled!?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

22nd Feb 13 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd cancel now then keep checking for a date as close to the after the cut off day.

Mine goes off Thur night / Fri morning and installed Sat morning.

VegasPhil
Premium Member

22nd Feb 13 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much is it all in? Do you have to have line rental etc?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Dan
Premium Member

22nd Feb 13 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go on the sky site, see what you want, deduct the discounts I posted, and that's what you pay for 12 months

Dan
Premium Member

24th Feb 13 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 more codes sent out today, so if your one of them, check your inboxes etc.

Anyone else interested In either?

<<  8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The super sky deal is BACK ON see page 10, new and OLD customers now! 23 database queries in 0.0162282 seconds