corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Evo 8's...talk to me

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Evo 8's...talk to me
Ben G

User status: Offline
18th Jan 12 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate, agree to disagree.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jan 12 at 15:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
ian is entitled to an opinion but does not make him right
WTF quote me where I'm wrong.

I'm agreeing with Jay - they're expensive. I just don't buy that -

i) if you have to ask about costs, don't buy one.

ii) every other car is not actually just the same.

Please don't anyone get a titty on for me merely saying its not that special. Spend a bit of money running it, be fine.

Particularly as none of you cunts noticed, Lee is handy with a set of spanners and his mate runs a garage, so he'll be quite dandy taking on such a mighty challenge.

Anyone attempting to give me shit, go and quote me on the offensive bits.

I don't buy that this site is some place you come for arguments, the lad asked about owning one and I told him yeah go do it, I'm sure you'll be fine. It's probably comparable to his Skoda given the spec of that and the amount of pissing about he's done with it.

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
The rest are typical CS mutants with no clue what they're talking about but hey, at least the site offers consistancy

Examples Jay?

quote:
Originally posted by R Lee
Everybody started to slag them off for whatever reason.

Examples Rich?
BarnshaW

18th Jan 12 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats not very nice is it? just a question though Ian how many 350bhp+ saloons have you owned and maintained?
Graham88

18th Jan 12 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
If you mean me, I can see they're expensive, I just don't think they're in that much of a different league to anything else vaguly special.

The thing is I actually agree with you but it doesn't mean he needed to be jumped on for pointing out a fairly obvious point, exactly why I'd love to own one but I never will as the service schedules are quite frankly laughable. On the M3 it's recommended to do an oil change at 7k miles or thereabouts between the major services, but I'll do that myself although the local garage mentioned about £100 to do it. Considering its £70 alone for the oil I don't even think its that bad. So you would probably think its easily affordable, but then when the diff seals need replacing its going to cost me £350 all in, to replace 3 seals? That's when the 'performance car tax' comes into its own when things break IMO, which people don't account for when buying a car. That's more what thegsi was getting at, or that's how I read it at least.
Steve
Premium Member

18th Jan 12 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I, like Ian just dont understand the logic that if you need to ask about running costs that automatically means you cant afford one

seems a strange way of saying they are more expensive then your normal daily road car

[Edited on 18-01-2012 by Steve]
big eck

18th Jan 12 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuckin hell. Give it a rest.
BarnshaW

18th Jan 12 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people getting their backs up over nothing
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jan 12 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No quotes of me being cunty yet?

I've never owned one, I choose to spend more money than yow running multiple vehicles.

Do I need to own one to be able to add up, or to suggest that Lee will be under it himself using Halfords oil?
Jake

18th Jan 12 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think what evo jay should have said was "if you're concerned about running costs then you shouldn't buy one"

Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jan 12 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
people getting their backs up over nothing
My back is only up because we have some people saying this site is full of arguments.

Please tell me if I've said anything other than its probably affordable, it's not actually that special.

That isn't my back up, that is me saying running an old saloon is probably fine.
BarnshaW

18th Jan 12 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would say your opinion is invalid and lesser to that of people who actually have run one yes.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jan 12 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I choose to spend more money than yow
And in case anyone misses it, that's a Harry Enfield reference.
Colin

18th Jan 12 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do cost a bit more than a average car to run, but not loads. I owned Impreza, RS, M3 all 300bhp+ & just serviced them as manufacturer guidelines and never once had any big bills blown up bits or anything I couldnt afford, all insured FC for under a grand. So if your giving people the impression you need to have gold lined pockets to be in one then your wrong or have been unfortunate in your ownership to think differently.

[Edited on 18-01-2012 by Colin]
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jan 12 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i would say your opinion is invalid and lesser to that of people who actually have run one yes.

fuck off
thegsi

18th Jan 12 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
"If you need to ask, you can't afford it" is an ostentatious way of trying to maintain some degree of exclusivity for your 5 year old, 4 door, 4 cylinder production car.

Theres a cunty comment. For one, you chose a phrase that I didn't even use which then lead to calling me ostentatious and slyly slagging off my car. I'm not going to go on naming people but you can see the users that jumped on the bandwagon and started making pointless, pathetic comments. Then you can see the comments from the few people WHO DO OR HAVE OWNED ONE funnily enough understanding my comments and not wanking each off crying about it.

big eck

18th Jan 12 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
They do cost a bit more than a average car to run, but not loads. I owned Impreza, RS, M3 all 300bhp+ & just serviced them as manufacturer guidelines and never once had any big bills blown up bits or anything I couldnt afford, all insured FC for under a grand. So if your giving people the impression you need to have gold lined pockets to be in one then your wrong or have been unfortunate in your ownership to think differently.

C'mon Colin. There not exactly the kind of car you can run on a budget as well. You'll need a half decent wage and that's a fact. The M3 is cheaper according to most on the cutters site when I asked. Your RS, well you'll need £20k straight away just to buy one but being a very modern car it'll be more reliable and the fact it doesn't require the same amount of servicing. Your old scooby would be close to the same costs.

[Edited on 18-01-2012 by big eck]
thegsi

18th Jan 12 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I choose to spend more money than yow
And in case anyone misses it, that's a Harry Enfield reference.

...and now you're mocking my West Midland heritage.
R Lee

18th Jan 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

quote:
Originally posted by R Lee
Everybody started to slag them off for whatever reason.

Examples Rich?

About the m3's? A while back now.
Same thing happened with Impreza's, Gti's etc.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jan 12 at 15:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a coincidence sorry Jay

I just don't think they're that special. I'm not slagging the car off, I like them, I think they're nice, I prefer them to Imprezas, even toyed with the idea of a track one if I could stretch to it.

Granted they're expensive, but so is anything.
Steve
Premium Member

18th Jan 12 at 15:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just like to point out here that i run a Ford Puma and a Suzuki Swift simultaneously so im in a better position then most about affording cars
Steve
Premium Member

18th Jan 12 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ford Puma + Swift > 1 evo

IMO
Colin

18th Jan 12 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:
Originally posted by Colin

C'mon Colin. There not exactly the kind of car you can run on a budget as well. You'll need a half decent wage and that's a fact.

I was 21 and skint when I had the Impreza, & on 3rd yr apprentice wages when I had the M3
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jan 12 at 15:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whittie

18th Jan 12 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell you big bunch of girls.

An evo is more expensive to run than a Skoda Taxi, I think that is all he was pointing out.

Obvious it may be, and Lee wouldn't be looking at the car if he couldn't afford it.

Was a simple question, not to go off on one like an off-day topic.
big eck

18th Jan 12 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There just a lot more expensive than most cars Ian. I thought my R32 would be just as dear to run/service and even that was a lot cheaper.

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Evo 8's...talk to me 22 database queries in 0.0220959 seconds