corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New moderator appointment

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New moderator appointment
nathy_87

User status: Offline
18th Mar 12 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
How would CS ever be able to act as sole income for anyone? I expect the costs of running the site and stands etc is hard enough to cover.

You're correct there Ben.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 12 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

And Jim is really funny and makes us laugh, and n contributes m, and x contributes y, and blah blah. Do not even begin to suggest to me that a list of bans will silence every bit of trouble.

That's before I even deal with them signing up again and staying anonymous for years, then we have the 'they've been well behaved for years, let them back cry cry' bullshit.

Been there many times.

What do you do? Ban forever, ban the duplicates, wave the ban stick like someone with authority. I'm not their fucking father.
Marc

18th Mar 12 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
and Nic has a powerful car

Well that backfired on me didn't it
nathy_87

18th Mar 12 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
You suggested banning them?

You only need to do a search on the usernames to find posts from lots of other people asking why they've been banned and asking for them to come back. Plus the emails they themselves send, Facebook messages, generally not letting it go.

I didn't "do nothing" just because I didn't ban, I complained in posts, I complained in u2us, I gave it all a lot of time and I find it rather offensive that the opinion of me is that I did nothing.

I'm also a bit pissed off that somehow its my fault because other people talk shit? I'd gladly take the blame if my dumb dog did a shit on the pavement, but these people should have a bit more of a handle on their own behaviour.

If bans are the solution give me the list and I'll do them tonight, and we'll see in time whether that closes the issue. I predict a load more replies telling me they're funny and we all love them and they should not be banned because they're active on the site or some shit. And Steve has a good project thread, and Nic has a powerful car, and Oly likes Novas, blah blah, always some mitigation which makes the ban not as simple as you think it is.

Instead of banning them striaght away cant we put in a 'system' like a 3 strike warning or some thing? With banning people, it gives bad rep towards the site even if it's something not worth the banning and when someone gets banned, albeit a few days or lifetime ban they always come back witha new username.
Steve
Premium Member

18th Mar 12 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

With respect what the fuck do you know about running a site and costs.

People are coming in here to have moan just because people love to bitch about something, the amount of over analyizing that is going on is fucking incredible, there may be some issues with the the site but fuck me some of you lot are way over complicating the whole affair, ian only wanted to ask for some mods not as for a bunch people to bitch about others in the hope it will get them a job

[Edited on 18-03-2012 by Steve]
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 12 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

Yeah I'll give out gold stars as well if they're good, make it just like infant school.
nathy_87

18th Mar 12 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
With respect what the fuck do you know about running a site and costs.

[Edited on 18-03-2012 by Steve]

That aimed at me? No need for swearing mate?
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 12 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

Perhaps he's pissed off that people are suggesting banning a list of people, a list which he'll probably be on, when a lot of the reason he's on there is no longer the case.
Edd

18th Mar 12 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member

I use another forum that operates a very strict policy of moderation. You post something out of line you get sin binned for 3 days. You get a few of those as warnings then if you continue you're banned for good.

It makes people less likely to keep pushing what they think are the "boundaries" and it goes two ways they leave for good or they smarten up.

Could be a step in the right direction because on here there are no real consequences for behaving like a tit.
Ojc

18th Mar 12 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member

You have a bunch of turds in here that never got enough attention off their dads moaning to Ian because they aren't getting that attention again on here.

I've been here 12 years, I won't change because some idiot is whinging that I've threatened to remove his lips in jest.
nathy_87

18th Mar 12 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member

That's a bit too OTT imo, it's being in boarding school.

Edit: Response to Edd.

[Edited on 18-03-2012 by nathy_87]
Ojc

18th Mar 12 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member

Only time I step out of line is when that prick Barnes pops up with his nonsense
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 12 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

If people want a system in which you're treated like you're five, I'll program one.

I do think other sites get a bad press for having them and every time you give one out you have some debate as to whether it was done properly / whether the mod has it in for you / whether the mod is power hungry, but obviously the old timers who can't see that they're part of the problem would benefit from it.
Edd

18th Mar 12 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
That's a bit too OTT imo, it's being in boarding school.

Edit: Response to Edd.

[Edited on 18-03-2012 by nathy_87]

As opposed to just being in school? Because thats what this place is like sometimes, i swear the folk who think they are "cool" where bullied as children because i've never came across so many weirdos in my life.
Cole

18th Mar 12 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member

ollie is there any need for it at all though
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 12 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Only time I step out of line is when that prick Barnes pops up with his nonsense

No its not.

And being adult about it would mean you ignore it wouldn't it.

I think the point about liking attention was rather ironic.
Ojc

18th Mar 12 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member

Right fuck this rage quitting cannot be arsed getting spoke down to, fuck this
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 12 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

Bye then. Assuming you're not still on the windup.
Edd

18th Mar 12 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
If people want a system in which you're treated like you're five, I'll program one.

I do think other sites get a bad press for having them and every time you give one out you have some debate as to whether it was done properly / whether the mod has it in for you / whether the mod is power hungry, but obviously the old timers who can't see that they're part of the problem would benefit from it.

You're part of the problem then, you gripe about the issue but wont actually sort it out. If you don't like that style of moderation i can understand but i think for a bit its something you should consider running with.
Ojc

18th Mar 12 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member

Illustrate what I'm doing wrong and I'll stop, but you know me I'm brash and offensive but won't have Barnes chatting breeze on here and me ignoring him that's not me.
Cole

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

What nonsense is it though he does post alot of interesting stuff especially in his project thread maybe the best course of action is to just avoid each other all together seems the only logical way.
Bmorgan1993

I've been on here for a few months now check out whats going on everyday and get stuck into threads.. and to be fair the main problem in a nut shell is you've got people (not naming names) who are the kind of people that if you met them you'd think what a twat, but because its on the internet its suddenly okay to spam and talk utter shit and moan at people and cause arguments and categorize this under the word "banter". I don't see a solution to change peoples attitudes from children to men. To be honest its a community and although Ian has the power to ban it would have to be a community decision otherwise your just gonna get a ton of shit of certain individuals. Now i'm not saying lets get all serious to be fair sometimes i do find myself laughing at the 'banter' on here and i would imagine a lot of people do but to many times i think its just gone way to far for instance this thread is a perfect example and all that's happening is funny banter just turns into pissing people off? I suppose you could always put it up to a community vote to ban someone ? be interesting to see what happens then...
Ojc

18th Mar 12 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

What nonsense is it though he does post alot of interesting stuff especially in his project thread maybe the best course of action is to just avoid each other all together seems the only logical way.

I don't actively go looking for him I might do that to Steve but couldn't give a toss about Barnes blokes got issued
Cole

18th Mar 12 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member

Morgan the thing is you say that the people who you say wont mention names etc are actually nice decent people outside of the internet most of us on here have met at one point or another im sure most would agree that the way they are on here is opposite to the way they are in real life
harrisp

18th Mar 12 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New moderator appointment 22 database queries in 0.0150509 seconds