corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » power vs handling

Poll: power vs handling
Power 38 (55.88%)
Handling 30 (44.12%)

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author power vs handling
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Jul 12 at 23:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by possy
A diff is part of handling down to if it is set up correctly it will actulaly pull you round a corner therefor increase in handling

but you would put a c20let in a corsa with out changing the suspension or the brakes it would just be suiside

Have you read anything which has been said on here..

That is exactly what ive been saying!!!

You cant add power without first sorting out the chassis, well you can but like you say.. Suicide
Nic Barnes

18th Jul 12 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OPINION.

[Edited on 18-07-2012 by Nic Barnes]
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 23:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
and yet once again the track people miss the initial question out and go on the track attack. fuckin bizarre bunch of people can't even let others have an opinion without shoving shite at the rest of us.

give it a rest chris, its a fuckin opinion that id rather have MY ROAD CAR with power.

Im not relating to this as track..

Would you or would you not put 500 bhp in a standard chassis ?

Im not a track person anyway i built my car for b road driving and ive done the odd trackday. That doesnt make me a track elitist in the slightest.

Im just pointing out the fact that a fwd configuration is inferior to that of awd/rwd on a track or on a road but more so on a track.

Tell me why my mate in his 350 rs500 focus with the fancy diffs etc has difficulty keeping up with my 300 bhp lightweight tin can on b roads? And dont bring drivers into it because a. hes a better driver than i am and b. his car is easier to drive than mine is.

[Edited on 19-07-2012 by chris_uk]
Nic Barnes

19th Jul 12 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you've probably got a higher bhp/tonne? so therefore the maths for starters don't equal up as a comparison. at a guess you'd have about 500kg less weight? so that already makes you quicker. thats basics before even considering anything else ffs chris.

search says vx220 930kg focus rs comes in about 1480kg

vx220 322bhp/tonne
rs 236bhp/tonne

quite a difference to start with, relating to power

[Edited on 19-07-2012 by Nic Barnes]
R Lee

19th Jul 12 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Powwwwwwwerrrrrr
AK

19th Jul 12 at 05:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Define slow? I was easily getting 20-30mph down every straight more than you or your skyline. Maybe losing 5-10 on the corners, which the straights are more of. Exit acceleration will have been VASTLY quicker than yours as well. But anyway, it's irrelevant.

Nic - please tell me your having a fucking laugh

20-30mph quicker on every straight... the GTR has 600+bhp, 4wd and a non-novice driver.

pull the other one.
AK

19th Jul 12 at 05:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...and also over a lap the heavier 350bhp Impreza was quicker than your 500bhp 'performance car' regardles if you had 30mph on me in the straights. I simply braked later, cornerer faster and accelerated earlier as i'm pretty confident that the car handled well and all that jazz. Cheap suspension 500bhp and an LSD dont turn a corsa into a supercar Nic, it turns it into a point and squirt rocket.

Both are probably quicker than your raft on the 1/4mile too if that makes you any happier?

Note: I'm not saying my cars are supercars either.... they all have their flaws and limitations too.
Nic Barnes

19th Jul 12 at 06:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well you're wrong again Adam. So quick to slate my car and what I do with it at every opportunity. Why bother?

AK

19th Jul 12 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

care to explain?

You have a supercar?
Your 500bhp Corsa with a self proclaimed novice behind the wheel is quicker (round a single lap of Oulton) than a 350bhp Impreza and 600+bhp GTR with dubbed 'elite' drivers?

I dont think any of those points are wrong.

AK

19th Jul 12 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic - I really think you have some sort of depressive condition where you think the world is against you and your corsa.

I gave my opinion (I think handling is more important, and certain people can make a more informed decision on a cars actual ability), we debated it. You stated you car is 30mph faster per straight at oulton (pure fantasy).

I dont slate your corsa at every opertunity. Its an easy car to use an example of limited chassis with big power.

You are the one that bangs on about money, cheap parts and what not. I could care less what you have in/on or around your corsa.

Its plebs on here that start with all this 'elite' shit rather than simply trying to read/listen what I'm actually saying.

boo hoo, have a cry into your tea.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jul 12 at 07:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't get worked up its all just troll banter
SportBoy

19th Jul 12 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thers more to handleing than driving balls out everywhere.
What a fail thread. to say a setup corsa handles shit is utter bollocks. yes its no elise but it will still handle well in the grand sceme of things.
Which imo is what the "corsa lovers" are trying to say.
Not that it will lap monaco fast than vettel in a redbull.
Far to many up there own arse snobby wannbe cvnts in this thread.
Nic Barnes

19th Jul 12 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There isn't anything specially cheap on my corsa. But I guess it's of no interest so irrelevant.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jul 12 at 07:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If anyone says anything negative about corsas or nics they are cvnts but anyone says anything negative about pumas or my car they are heros. Very odd behaviour, I put it down to arse kissing I think.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jul 12 at 07:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put it this way if i was trying to make a case like Nic is, thread would be full of people desperate to tell me that i never do track days, which is ironic as that completely applies to barnes

[Edited on 19-07-2012 by Steve]
Nic Barnes

19th Jul 12 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't be arsed

AK

19th Jul 12 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nics car is 'setup' for 1/4mile isnt it?

Please enlighten me how that will help it round corners in the grand scheme of your things.

Snobby wannabe cunt. Cheers.... Want to be what?

Nic - you are the person that brings up money - not me. Dont cry when I respond to your self pity.
Nic Barnes

19th Jul 12 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car isn't set up for 1/4 mile pmsl. It's set up to drive you ignorant cunt.
BarnshaW

19th Jul 12 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the conclusion is that everyone wants different things from a car and ultimately some people perceive a car to be more fun with power and some with handling. There is no right or wrong answer and thats it.
AK

19th Jul 12 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My car isn't set up for 1/4 mile pmsl. It's set up to drive you ignorant cunt.

classy

peasant.
Gary
Premium Member

19th Jul 12 at 08:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
i think the conclusion is that everyone wants different things from a car and ultimately some people perceive a car to be more fun with power and some with handling. There is no right or wrong answer and thats it.

Word
chris_uk
Premium Member

19th Jul 12 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
you've probably got a higher bhp/tonne? so therefore the maths for starters don't equal up as a comparison. at a guess you'd have about 500kg less weight? so that already makes you quicker. thats basics before even considering anything else ffs chris.

search says vx220 930kg focus rs comes in about 1480kg

vx220 322bhp/tonne
rs 236bhp/tonne

quite a difference to start with, relating to power

Your bang on the money i have got more bhp/tonne but then were not talking about that are we, were talking about pure power.

chris_uk
Premium Member

19th Jul 12 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy
Thers more to handleing than driving balls out everywhere.
What a fail thread. to say a setup corsa handles shit is utter bollocks. yes its no elise but it will still handle well in the grand sceme of things.
Which imo is what the "corsa lovers" are trying to say.
Not that it will lap monaco fast than vettel in a redbull.
Far to many up there own arse snobby wannbe cvnts in this thread.

In the grand scheme of things... Its a fucking corsa!! How many corsas do you see in professional motorsport?

Even sprints and hill climbs ppl use 205's, 106's and saxos over corsas.
BarnshaW

19th Jul 12 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest i see quite alot of corsas, novas in rallys , I dont see any vx220's doing the same?
chris_uk
Premium Member

19th Jul 12 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There has been a couple, lotus have also built a couple too. But how many of these novas /corsas are still running standard config and drivetrain?

But where not talking about how many of a type of cars do a certain motorsport dicipline, i was using the example to promote the fact corsas are not the first choice by many.

<<  8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » power vs handling 24 database queries in 0.0212228 seconds