corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Thread - Sponsored by Stirling has 2 kids and a third woman is pregnant - to clear that up

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Thread - Sponsored by Stirling has 2 kids and a third woman is pregnant - to clear that up
Hammer

User status: Offline
24th Sep 12 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*Hammer likes this*
Russ

24th Sep 12 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wanna be a berwick ranger, live my life for sex and danger
Rob_Quads

25th Sep 12 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting article on the BBC about what a red card is - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19707057

"With studs, almost by definition, if a player is going into a tackle two-footed, airborne, their studs raised, then they cannot control their velocity and risk a red card. "

That sounds much like Evans tackle to me.
Tom

25th Sep 12 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
Just read about the Twitter abuse and frankly its fucking disgraceful. These people are the ones who give everyone a bad name. Need stringing up.

100% agree, and these nobheads need punishing. The majority of the United fans conducted themselves well on Sunday (bar a number of dickheads) so things like this are a dissapointment. There's always gonna be pockets of nobs in any fanbase, I'd really like to see them handed big punishments though, and I can't see why they shouldn't be identified easily (through twitter in this instance, or the dozens of camera's in the stadium where distasteful chants are concerned).

Re the game, thought we were robbed by the shocking performance of the referee. I'm sure there's been plenty of discussion in here already, but the thing that I can't stomach is how inconsisent referee's are, the little whispers in the ear from the United players throughout didn't help but the referee should be able to remain neutral in ALL cases, regardless of input from players or the reputations of other players. I thought United looked really flat, and were really lucky to take the lead in particular and not have any of their players sent off. For me, the ref ruined what could have been a really good game.

Plenty to be positive about as a Liverpool fan, assuming you aren't delusional about the task we're facing. I'm really happy with some of the signs of improvement under Rodgers (not least all the young players I've been watching in the academy / nextgen / reserves not looking at all out of place in the 1st team), but we need to improve a couple of areas in January. The next few weeks are really important for us.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Sep 12 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As already said, there was nothing majorly wrong with the decisions.

Evans challenge was a bit wreckless yes however he didnt go in off the ground showing all of his studs, as shelvey did.

Pen was a penalty also, if you watch Johnson pushes him in the back.

Could argue evans should have had a yellow but thats about the extent of it. Wether or not you agree with how picky the laws of the game have become, all decisions were pretty much correct by todays reffing standards.

I do agree on paper Liverpool were harshly done by with the result, but thats the way it goes sometimes, its happened to united plenty of times. Its got nothing to do with refs ruining the game.

More likely id be questioning as to why Rodgers has sold all your strikers and goal scorers. That was the problem with Liverpool at the weekend, never looking likely to score regardless of possession.

[Edited on 25-09-2012 by Steve]
Marc

25th Sep 12 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Game ended on Saturday afternoon. Just saying.
Rob_Quads

25th Sep 12 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Evans challenge was a bit wreckless yes however he didnt go in off the ground showing all of his studs, as shelvey did.

You sure? They both look like they had some studs showing and both off the ground

Nath

25th Sep 12 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Game ended on Saturday afternoon. Just saying.
lol
Steve
Premium Member

25th Sep 12 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

You sure? They both look like they had some studs showing and both off the ground

evans was into the ground, shelveys was off the floor, thats the difference.

<<  8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Thread - Sponsored by Stirling has 2 kids and a third woman is pregnant - to clear that up 23 database queries in 0.0126739 seconds