corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013

New Poll
  <<  107    108    109    110    111    112    113  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day 2013
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
21st Sep 13 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had 2 punctures in about 1000 miles, fixed in 2 mins never missed any enjoyment of the ride so I can't see why you favour it if you had to cut your ride short and limp it back?
Dr Pepper

21st Sep 13 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lost 7lbs this week - nothing to do with the bike - acute tonsillitis with burst ulcers on the back of my throat ... havnt eaten since Wednesday - thank god for protein shakes and even that is agony.

Signed off for a week now so using the down time to start my lejog planning. More I look into it the more it seems like getting a garmin 80/810 is really going to add to the enjoyment of the trip.
Jamie Walby

21st Sep 13 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
I've had 2 punctures in about 1000 miles, fixed in 2 mins never missed any enjoyment of the ride so I can't see why you favour it if you had to cut your ride short and limp it back?

Because its the first time its happened and mainly because I was way over due topping up the sealant. Stuff that was in there was over 9 months old. Had I kept on top of it and replaced the sealant 3-4 months ago like I should have, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Jamie Walby

21st Sep 13 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
Lost 7lbs this week - nothing to do with the bike - acute tonsillitis with burst ulcers on the back of my throat ... havnt eaten since Wednesday - thank god for protein shakes and even that is agony.

Signed off for a week now so using the down time to start my lejog planning. More I look into it the more it seems like getting a garmin 80/810 is really going to add to the enjoyment of the trip.

Like I have said before mate, if you need any help/advice, give me a shout.
Dr Pepper

21st Sep 13 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper

Like I have said before mate, if you need any help/advice, give me a shout.

certainly will do matey ..at this stage im just reading lots of journals and trying to make notes about any bits/accommodation that people particularly enjoyed/hated. Then im gonna work out a rough town by town route for each day. The get into specific routes for each day.
Jamie Walby

21st Sep 13 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah. We mostly stayed in Travelodges. We did stay in one nice hotel in Scotland which was on a golf course and another (also in Scotland) that had converted train carriages as the rooms.

That one was particularly good for morale.

I wish I had a form of tracking the ride when I did it so you could have used my info. Also make sure you get a bottle of Red MacGregor beer at the finish in John O'Groats.
Dr Pepper

21st Sep 13 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not skimping too much on accommodation - fuck it, its for charity but the idea is to enjoy it too - and im punishing myself enough with the ride without dealing with youth hostels (I know some are ok - I have just never found one of these)

I keep hearing most travelodges are fine with you taking the bike into your room - was this the case with you Jamie - if so did you have to bag it ect , or literally just wheel it into your room

[Edited on 21-09-2013 by Dr Pepper]
Jamie Walby

21st Sep 13 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We just wheeled them into the rooms. One of the guys I was with put his in the bath and cleaned it one night
Dr Pepper

21st Sep 13 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
We just wheeled them into the rooms. One of the guys I was with put his in the bath and cleaned it one night

That is very much my plan - its pretty standard practice with a lot of the guys who tour lots
Cole

21st Sep 13 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.strava.com/activities/83817351

This mornings ride nothing special but longest on the rd bike only 3rd time ive ridden it
Jamie Walby

21st Sep 13 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good man!
smcGSI16V

21st Sep 13 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

London to Brighton DONE!

Totally fucked so will be hitting the rum tonight.
Dr Pepper

21st Sep 13 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
London to Brighton DONE!

nice one - good feeling that post ride spirit session lol
Simon

21st Sep 13 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
London to Brighton DONE!

Enjoy it? Found that the pack didn't space out until past the half way point, unfortunately there were some potentially really good sections in the first half which I kept getting held up on even to the point of stopping and queuing along the trail a few times. Think that's was one of the things with a charity ride, more chance of people of all ability entering. Apart from that it was a good ride! 6hr 32 minutes
smcGSI16V

22nd Sep 13 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really enjoyed it. Didn't find much traffic. Left in the first batch, got to shere in 2 1/2 hours then had 40 minutes break. Downs link was really crap and boring and I hit a wall at 45 miles or so along that. Tagged on to a group of 4 lads going my usual speed and and they pulled me through all the way to the end. The last down hill makes the grind up ditchling worth it.
Done it in 10 hours complete, 7 1/2 hrs moving time.
Would I do it again, ask me in a week once I've recovered.
Cole

22nd Sep 13 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did say about the downs link being shite but well done to all that done it so cs south downs way next yr
smcGSI16V

22nd Sep 13 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.strava.com/activities/84043703

From yesterday.
Simon

22nd Sep 13 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah agree on the downs links, very monotomous. That last hill was tough, as I got to the top and could see the sea I phoned the wife to tell her I wasn't far off, to which she replied saying she hadn't left yet - had a fair amount of time to kill when I finished ... made use of the fee massages. I didn't set off till nearly 8am so there was a lot of people already out on the track probably why hit so much traffic. Shame because those singletrack sections through the woods could have been great fun
Cole

22nd Sep 13 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simon you could always come back down and try peaslake/surrey hills out as I think thats the area you are on about
Chris C

22nd Sep 13 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really enjoyed yesterday, downs link is never ending and really sticky in places ! Feels like someone has lifted your back wheel off the ground you never seem to get anywhere. Did everyone ride that steep rocky hill towards the end ? There was shit loads of people walking it but walking on the smooth side making it much harder than it needed to be.
Cole

22nd Sep 13 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watching the dh world cup on redbull tv fucking epic riding Rachael atherton came 2nd but took the world cup for the 2nd yr running will her brother do the same
Simon

22nd Sep 13 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I made it up in one go, most people around me at the time walking it and like you say getting in the way, everybody at the top was laying down

My Bryton Rider 50 that I got second hand seems to do the job, had loaded the route on before hand to follow. Only problem was the heart rate zones were set to the previous owner so it was beeping non-stop at me. I'd borrowed a mates bike so didn't fit the cadence monitor but will have a play with that this week
Cole

22nd Sep 13 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well gee looked gutted losingthe world cup title but on a brighter note a mates son who is 2.5yrs old is the uk 2013 balance bike champion and is offto race in the worldchampionships in america
Chris C

22nd Sep 13 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha I know, and most of them walked !
Nic Barnes

22nd Sep 13 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a good run round glentress today, I like that trail a lot. First time I have done the red as previously I've done the black trail plus some of the secrets. Red route is very good. Possibly my favourite trail kind of round here.

<<  107    108    109    110    111    112    113  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013 23 database queries in 0.0444820 seconds