corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  108    109    110    111    112    113    114  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
connollygt30

User status: Offline
19th Mar 12 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Know what you mean mate its annoying as fuck watching the engine bay and parts that you spend so much time on making mint getting dirty,broke my heart on the XE
Tommygsi

21st Mar 12 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luv this.. Very clean
shaunmods
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another set back Just got to refit my new gasket set from Autovaux only two find i've got two exhaust side gaskets To be fair it wasn't autovaux's fault as the part numbers were different on the packaging but the gaskets inside are the same. Still properly fucked right off though as I wanted to swap the insurance over for the weekend. Never going to get the sodding thing back on the road at this rate arghhh!

One a plus side I cleaned the whole engine top to bottom during the week so its nice and clean again now.

Just really hoping Autovaux will help me out and send me a new gasket straight out tomorrow so I can get it sorted over the weekend. I'll get there in the end

[Edited on 22-03-2012 by shaunmods]
NathanR

22nd Mar 12 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not having much luck lately shaun ! Be worth the wait tho dude
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh bloody hell dude,you'll get there.

Atleast engine bays cleaned up again,pictures?

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Paul W
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's always the way Shaun, that's unfortunate though. I'm sure if the autovaux customer service is any good they'll be able to get a new set to ya for saturday if it's sent special delivery?

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got off the phone to Autovaux and all I can say is what a fantastic company to deal with! They are sending me out a new pair of gaskets today first class Can't ask for more than that so im happy again

Heres some pics for you Dan

I put the car on axle stands in the end so I could give the underside a proper going over!

and the engine after it was stripped a bit and cleaned

Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 11:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mint as always Shaun!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
NathanR

23rd Mar 12 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't understand how you keep this so clean shaun . You must have so much motivation to clean it all the time ! What's your weekly cleaning routine ? U2U me if you prefer ! Looks lovely as usual tho
shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys!

Nath I am proper OCD when it comes to cleaning it Im slowing taking over the garage with all my cleaning gear lol

Weekly wash is only basic. But I do it every week though without fail.

Wheels cleaned inside and out with Bilberry 1:5
Snowfoamed with VP PH Neutral foam
High pressure rinse
Wash with Meg NXT
High pressure rinse
Water sheeted then dried with MF drying towels
Quick detailed
Glass cleaned

Once every month or so I'll do more like the engine bay, inner arches, door shuts, interior etc
NathanR

23rd Mar 12 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's pretty much same as I do but gotta use a hose pipe as I aint bought my pressure washer yet .

What's that Bilberry wheel cleaner like ? I recently bought Auto Smart Smart Wheels and its awesome , hardly have to touch the wheels inside and out and there gleaming !

Slightly nooby question , what's 'water sheeting' ?
shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NathanR
That's pretty much same as I do but gotta use a hose pipe as I aint bought my pressure washer yet .

What's that Bilberry wheel cleaner like ? I recently bought Auto Smart Smart Wheels and its awesome , hardly have to touch the wheels inside and out and there gleaming !

Slightly nooby question , what's 'water sheeting' ?

I really rate the Bilberry Although i've heard Smart wheels is better so im eager to give that a try when my Bilberry runs out.

This is water sheeting mate -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtoWk9thSEI

Once I've rinsed the car off after was with my pressure washer I'll go over the whole car with an open hose pipe the water sitting on the paint runs straight off! Makes drying the car so much easier as it only needs a quick wipe over then with a drying towel. Only works on well protected paint though but you've dodo juiced yours havent you bud? Give it a try!
NathanR

23rd Mar 12 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smart wheels is brilliant stuff mate

Ill give that water sheeting a try tomorow , as usually I go over it with one of them auto glym water blades , wich jus scratch the shit out of the paint and then jus dry it with a towell and it takes a good 20 minutes .

Yh I do keep it topped up with Purple haze . Ill give that water sheeting a try tomorow and ill let you know how I get on dude !
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Shaun. Cars looking stunning per usual.

I hope that's not a scissor jack?

shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
Cheers Shaun. Cars looking stunning per usual.

I hope that's not a scissor jack?

Is it but not the normal corsa one dude. I've had bad experiences with them Its the jack out my mums jeep lol! Had to start using this one as my halfords one collapsed under the car the other day cheapo tat!
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok mate,them corsa ones are shite. :/

You need to get ya sen one of them low profile jacks,i've wanted one for ages. About £100 i think they are.

shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 22:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ok mate,them corsa ones are shite. :/

You need to get ya sen one of them low profile jacks,i've wanted one for ages. About £100 i think they are.

Yeah I've been tempted by one for ages! Would be a good investment as its a right pain in the arse to jack up at the minute lol
jrdn7

23rd Mar 12 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sure just cut a drain out of your driveway! haha
shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrdn7
Sure just cut a drain out of your driveway! haha

That would not go down well lol. Parents have a spaz at me when I get a tiny bit of oil on it let alone cutting holes in it

[Edited on 24-03-2012 by shaunmods]
jrdn7

23rd Mar 12 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha say the lawnmower did it! I'm gonna need a low profile jack soon, 40mm drop won't agree with my current one!
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha,you hopefully having it running tomoz?

shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 23:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Haha,you hopefully having it running tomoz?

IF the gasket turns up mate yes Fingers crossed!
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fingers crossed mate.

shaunmods
Premium Member

24th Mar 12 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New gaskets have arrived wooo
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

24th Mar 12 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yay!!!

Get 'em fitted asap. Take ya time though and double check everthing.

<<  108    109    110    111    112    113    114  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.0420821 seconds