corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013

New Poll
  <<  108    109    110    111    112    113    114  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day 2013
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
22nd Sep 13 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_OR1RENDrI&feature=share

video of the section called spooky wood. never rode it before was pretty decent and good fun.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 09:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am with the road bike mandem now

Green.

Got it through the cycle to work scheme so thats quite useful! 105 groupset, carbon forks and seat post.

Had a couple of test rides but nothing proper yet, didn't even fancy it this morning as the car is now fixed

[Edited on 23-09-2013 by willay]
Nic Barnes

23rd Sep 13 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also have a trek road bike. Way less cool than yours though as that looks awesome!
willay
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wattevaaa Nic, yours looks the bollocks. I didn't choose green it chose me
willay
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also please excuse the mickey mouse pedals, I haven't chose a set yet so lbs chucked in some plastic specials
Jamie Walby

23rd Sep 13 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah sweet whip Willay!
Chris C

23rd Sep 13 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone ever tried http://www.bhf.org.uk/get-involved/events/bike-rides/event-information/london-to-paris-off-road-cycle.aspx ?
gavin18787
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good will

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Nic Barnes

23rd Sep 13 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

18 mile bike ride with 40 mins bench pressing in the middle. fuckin athlete.
deano87

23rd Sep 13 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, new wheels. Rear with cassette, tyre, disc and tube is lighter than the old rear rim with cock all on it.

Should make a difference.
corsadonk
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to swinley forest tomorrow, because I've got a day off work. Anyone got any tips? It's the first time I've been.
Dr Pepper

23rd Sep 13 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
Lost 7lbs this week - nothing to do with the bike - acute tonsillitis with burst ulcers on the back of my throat ... havnt eaten since Wednesday - thank god for protein shakes and even that is agony.

Signed off for a week now so using the down time to start my lejog planning. More I look into it the more it seems like getting a garmin 80/810 is really going to add to the enjoyment of the trip.

Like I have said before mate, if you need any help/advice, give me a shout.

Jamie - quick one .... I assuming you avoided the A30 (Maybe you didnt, you sound fairly hardcore? lol)

Can you remember roughly your route over the first 2 days and mileage?

Im looking at this route or part of it for day one(to Okehampton travelodge) .... im just worried that with this being one of the tougher sections that 113 miles is over stretching things. My original plan was to do about 150 miles over the first two days to ease myself in as much as that's possible ..... kind of depends on where the worst of the hills are though - I know most people say day 2 is normally hillier than day one as you head inland more
Nic Barnes

23rd Sep 13 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
I'm going to swinley forest tomorrow, because I've got a day off work. Anyone got any tips? It's the first time I've been.
think thats coles local so worth waiting until he sees your post.
Cole

23rd Sep 13 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope not my local its stus
Doug

23rd Sep 13 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris C
Anyone ever tried http://www.bhf.org.uk/get-involved/events/bike-rides/event-information/london-to-paris-off-road-cycle.aspx ?

Hmmmmm 3 days but twice as many miles as the scotland ride.

I'm guessing there is not a massive amount of climbing and descending?
Cole

23rd Sep 13 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something not right on thst bhf ride says descent into Shoreham harbour then eurotunnel well thats over 100 miles from shoreham then it says sleep in calais and then start from deippe
Nic Barnes

23rd Sep 13 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://youtu.be/ueXuA3xQNe0

Bit of the blue trail at glentress called been baby berm. It's got a nice flow to it and runs the section between a fire road and the car park by the jump park so worth a quick blast down it!

I was having a go on my pro mates trek remedy which I had not ridden before so wasn't really pushing it.
smcGSI16V

23rd Sep 13 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swinleys my local.

You do half the blue then after stickler(when you go over the bridge) hang a left at the fire road and the red is on your right then after it loops back road to where you left the blue and you do the remainder so a figure of eight.
It's all well sign posted so you can't get lost or go wrong.

The blue is more fun than than the red in general but more man made. The red is still quite natural. Watch out on red 15 and 25 that's where most people get caught out and end up in hospital. These are possibly the most fun runs.
Blue 5 and 6 might be closed due to logging but diversion is in place and your not missing much.

It's a 14 mile altogether and nothing to major to test you.

Also go on the green, it's really good fun and flows nice even though it's about a mile long.

[Edited on 23-09-2013 by smcGSI16V]
Nic Barnes

24th Sep 13 at 06:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://youtu.be/JQAoFe_wd_k

Final descent at glentress on the red and black back to the trail centre. Good end to the trail. Really was a good day out, second best trail I've done for the fun element behind llandegla.
Jamie Walby

24th Sep 13 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Lost 7lbs this week - nothing to do with the bike - acute tonsillitis with burst ulcers on the back of my throat ... havnt eaten since Wednesday - thank god for protein shakes and even that is agony.

Signed off for a week now so using the down time to start my lejog planning. More I look into it the more it seems like getting a garmin 80/810 is really going to add to the enjoyment of the trip.

Jamie - quick one .... I assuming you avoided the A30 (Maybe you didnt, you sound fairly hardcore? lol)

Im looking at this route or part of it for day one(to Okehampton travelodge) .... im just worried that with this being one of the tougher sections that 113 miles is over stretching things. My original plan was to do about 150 miles over the first two days to ease myself in as much as that's possible ..... kind of depends on where the worst of the hills are though - I know most people say day 2 is normally hillier than day one as you head inland more

We stayed on the A30 and it was proper sketchy in parts. If I was to do it again I would try avoid it but overall it isnt too bad.

Do you have a garmin connect account? I could possibly try plot the route we did and send you a link though it may not be 100% right as it was a couple of years ago now!

We stayed at the Okehampton travelodge and I remember there being some decent hills that way.

Like I said its a shame I didnt have strava/garmin as I could have sent you the links/routes no problem.
Simon

24th Sep 13 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
Swinleys my local.

You do half the blue then after stickler(when you go over the bridge) hang a left at the fire road and the red is on your right then after it loops back road to where you left the blue and you do the remainder so a figure of eight.
It's all well sign posted so you can't get lost or go wrong.

The blue is more fun than than the red in general but more man made. The red is still quite natural. Watch out on red 15 and 25 that's where most people get caught out and end up in hospital. These are possibly the most fun runs.
Blue 5 and 6 might be closed due to logging but diversion is in place and your not missing much.

It's a 14 mile altogether and nothing to major to test you.

Also go on the green, it's really good fun and flows nice even though it's about a mile long.

[Edited on 23-09-2013 by smcGSI16V]

Not sure I agree with the signposts - we managed to get lost a few times
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Sep 13 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great thanks, I'm gonna make a packed lunch then set off in the fog.
Nic Barnes

24th Sep 13 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need a new bush for the rear shock on my bike. It's a trek fuel 6 2012 and rear shock is an rp2. I can't seem to find any info on what I need to order to replace the bush, anyone know anything or point me at the right place?
Cole

24th Sep 13 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Call my mate grant at Southcoast suspension or mojo
Dr Pepper

24th Sep 13 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

We stayed on the A30 and it was proper sketchy in parts. If I was to do it again I would try avoid it but overall it isnt too bad.

Do you have a garmin connect account? I could possibly try plot the route we did and send you a link though it may not be 100% right as it was a couple of years ago now!

We stayed at the Okehampton travelodge and I remember there being some decent hills that way.

Like I said its a shame I didnt have strava/garmin as I could have sent you the links/routes no problem.

Cheers Jamie - Im definitely getting the feck off the A30 at Penzance. The stretch after that is bad enough in a car!

<<  108    109    110    111    112    113    114  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013 24 database queries in 0.0371051 seconds