corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013

New Poll
  <<  109    110    111    112    113    114    115  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day 2013
Rick Draper

User status: Offline
24th Sep 13 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
I need a new bush for the rear shock on my bike. It's a trek fuel 6 2012 and rear shock is an rp2. I can't seem to find any info on what I need to order to replace the bush, anyone know anything or point me at the right place?

http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk
Nic Barnes

24th Sep 13 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of my pro mates has told me to try TF tuned as they offer heavy duty replacements.
Jamie Walby

24th Sep 13 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
Lost 7lbs this week - nothing to do with the bike - acute tonsillitis with burst ulcers on the back of my throat ... havnt eaten since Wednesday - thank god for protein shakes and even that is agony.

Signed off for a week now so using the down time to start my lejog planning. More I look into it the more it seems like getting a garmin 80/810 is really going to add to the enjoyment of the trip.

Like I have said before mate, if you need any help/advice, give me a shout.

Jamie - quick one .... I assuming you avoided the A30 (Maybe you didnt, you sound fairly hardcore? lol)

Can you remember roughly your route over the first 2 days and mileage?

Im looking at this route or part of it for day one(to Okehampton travelodge) .... im just worried that with this being one of the tougher sections that 113 miles is over stretching things. My original plan was to do about 150 miles over the first two days to ease myself in as much as that's possible ..... kind of depends on where the worst of the hills are though - I know most people say day 2 is normally hillier than day one as you head inland more

We stayed on the A30 and it was proper sketchy in parts. If I was to do it again I would try avoid it but overall it isnt too bad.

Do you have a garmin connect account? I could possibly try plot the route we did and send you a link though it may not be 100% right as it was a couple of years ago now!

We stayed at the Okehampton travelodge and I remember there being some decent hills that way.

Like I said its a shame I didnt have strava/garmin as I could have sent you the links/routes no problem.

Cheers Jamie - Im definitely getting the feck off the A30 at Penzance. The stretch after that is bad enough in a car!

I had a quick look you can do Lands End to Okehampton in about 112 miles without too much busy A road riding. Some stretches are unavoidable though unless you wanna add a load of extra miles on.

I would probably break that 112 miles stretch into 2 as its hilly down there and you dont want to kill yourself on the first day. Once Devon is clear you can really start crunching the miles.
Nic Barnes

24th Sep 13 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Company cole told me to ring told me it wasn't a bush in my rear shock just a bolt. Lol, it's definitely a bush.
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Sep 13 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got in from Swinley, glad I went it was great fun. I just wish I'd eaten my lunch before I set off, because it's a lot longer than I expected, and I didn't take enough drink with me.

I might go back next month.
Cole

24th Sep 13 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Company cole told me to ring told me it wasn't a bush in my rear shock just a bolt. Lol, it's definitely a bush.

Dont believe that for a second probably thought cant be dealing with people that speak in a foreign accent and couldn't understand you
[Edited on 24-09-2013 by Cole]

[Edited on 24-09-2013 by Cole]
Nic Barnes

24th Sep 13 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the bush, which apparently isnt a bush, has been removed, and surprisingly, its a bush. and its worn so need to get a new one.

edit, well pair, as its 2, one either side.

[Edited on 24-09-2013 by Nic Barnes]
Nic Barnes

24th Sep 13 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£15 for heavy duty bush from TF Tuned, that shall do me! measured it all up so hopefully parts will arrive before the weekend so i can get back among the action.
smcGSI16V

24th Sep 13 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
Just got in from Swinley, glad I went it was great fun. I just wish I'd eaten my lunch before I set off, because it's a lot longer than I expected, and I didn't take enough drink with me.

I might go back next month.

Glad you enjoyed it. It's good easy fun and nothing really to strenuous or ott technical shit which is nice. It's even better being a local as I know all the off piste stuff as well and old stuff which shouldn't be rid but we do.

corsadonk
Premium Member

25th Sep 13 at 06:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I spoke to a bloke while on the way round and he showed me a short cut, past the reservoir which takes you straight to 15, that was fun.
Dr Pepper

25th Sep 13 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

weird crash - good job he had a helmet on ...not really sure how the bike managed to do that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNFaAqS2f18
corsadonk
Premium Member

25th Sep 13 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Classic case of looking at what you don't want to hit, and not where you want to go.

I bet that hurt.
Jamie Walby

26th Sep 13 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Computer generated.
Nic Barnes

26th Sep 13 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Highly recommend TF Tuned. Now have a fixed mountain bike as their bush kit arrived the next day. Spot on service.
deano87

26th Sep 13 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good night ride last night. Was weird as lights fully needed but rode in undershirt and light top layer, plus normal gloves, normal shorts etc.

Was going to import from Sports-Tracker to Strava but Sports-Tracker site down for maintenance.
Simon

27th Sep 13 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I went for a ride Tuesday and it was the first evening ride where I had lights on from the start.

Just swung by aldi on way to work this morning for their bike specials. Stocked up on GT85 - £2.99 each, pair of winter gloves and some cheapo lights for the commuter.
Jamie Walby

27th Sep 13 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cree light turned up a minute ago. I never twigged it would come with a separate battery!!!
Matt L

27th Sep 13 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Yeah I went for a ride Tuesday and it was the first evening ride where I had lights on from the start.

Just swung by aldi on way to work this morning for their bike specials. Stocked up on GT85 - £2.99 each, pair of winter gloves and some cheapo lights for the commuter.

ffs ment to go last night, will swing by see if they have any left tonight.
Simon

27th Sep 13 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last year I went and there were hoards of cyclists queuing for the shop to open, was passing today and thought I'd see if there was anything left, there was loads of everything still.
Jimbothebarbarian

27th Sep 13 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've decided to have a pop at 1x10 as I fecking hate the triple on my bike. I'm used to only having a double on my road bike and on that I can get the full use of the 10 speed on the back cassette without the annoying grind chain on mech noise I get with a triple.

Plus after working out the gear ratios, out of the so called 30 gears I have there is only really 13/14 different ratios. The highest I never use and the lowest (I'm losing the two lowest) I'll have to MTFU or if I can't manage I'll buy a General Lee conversion at some point in the future.

Any how some piccies if any one is interested.

Bought one of these...

Ripped all this off...

Got the crank off and stripped the old gears off..

Bolted the new chain ring on and reattached to bike...

Next I removed all the mech and cables and selector which I noticed has a little switch underneath so if you wanted to go from triple to double you can use the same trigger switch thingy..

Then shortened the chain and bingo...
Rick Draper

27th Sep 13 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought one of those chainrings myself and a General Lee. Not got the frame I am going to fit them on yet but I am looking forward to trying it out.
Jimbothebarbarian

27th Sep 13 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm impressed with the quality of the chain ring tbh and it's so light. I've saved just over half a kilo when I weighed it all.

What GL cassette did you get? I need a 11-42t Shimano, but sold out everywhere.
Cole

27th Sep 13 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No chain device jimbo
Jimbothebarbarian

27th Sep 13 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, see how it goes without, same design as Sram xx1 etc. So in theory at worst I'll maybe bang a clutch rear mech on.

With my lack of skill I'm not to worried about it, but we'll see.
Nic Barnes

27th Sep 13 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
Nah, see how it goes without, same design as Sram xx1 etc. So in theory at worst I'll maybe bang a clutch rear mech on.

With my lack of skill I'm not to worried about it, but we'll see.

<<  109    110    111    112    113    114    115  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013 23 database queries in 0.0393481 seconds