corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013

New Poll
  <<  110    111    112    113    114    115    116  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day 2013
Rick Draper

User status: Offline
27th Sep 13 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
I'm impressed with the quality of the chain ring tbh and it's so light. I've saved just over half a kilo when I weighed it all.

What GL cassette did you get? I need a 11-42t Shimano, but sold out everywhere.

I bought the 28-40 (from bike-discount) as I had read about the 42 tooth one needing a longer b-tension screw on some mechs. Also some people experienced the mech hanging onto the 42 tooth cog a little and not wanting to downshift that quickly. Hopefully with the 40 it will be a bit better.
Rick Draper

27th Sep 13 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
No chain device jimbo

http://www.i-mtb.com/wolf-tooth-components-xx1-style-chainring-test/
Nic Barnes

27th Sep 13 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
No chain device jimbo

rick. a few pro mates use them.
Rick Draper

27th Sep 13 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
No chain device jimbo

rick. a few pro mates use them.

They seem pretty good, shocked that alternating wide-narrow teeth can stop the chain dropping off. I'd never have though it would have such a huge effect.
Jamie Walby

28th Sep 13 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had planned to do my first XC race tomorrow. Local series of 7 races, 1 a month from Sept - March. However I forgot its a mates bday tonight and hes hired a bar thats licenced to serve alcohol 24 hours and have said they will stay open as long as we want to buy drink

Subsequently I will see how I feel in the morning. Probably not like doing a 15 mile mtb race
smcGSI16V

29th Sep 13 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need some new peddles. But don't know what to do.

Flats would be superstar nanos, or do I switch to clipless but that would mean both peddles and shoes to buy.

Bearing in mind I mostly ride xc and swinley/trail centres but don't do gnarly downhill and jumping really.
Cole

29th Sep 13 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shoes from sports direct £20ish pedals with cleats ebay £23 which is not much more than nano flats that are never in stock
Nic Barnes

29th Sep 13 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

29 cups on strava today. awesome.
Rick Draper

29th Sep 13 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Merlin and CRC are the cheapest for SPD pedals.
Dr Pepper

29th Sep 13 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Todays ride with local club ... 73 miles with about 3,300ft of climbing at just over 16mph average....no idea why my strava is now saying 2.200 ft lol - its changed through the day but I know it was more from the other guys garmins ...strava altitude seems to be really hit and miss for me..... A few 40mph plus descents, awesome weather and a really amazing route to cycle around ...but I am pretty broken now, that was pretty much my biggest effort to date on a bike.

http://www.strava.com/activities/85735319
Nic Barnes

29th Sep 13 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3000ft in 17 mile todays climbs for me. really cant wait to bike to work in the morning.
Nic Barnes

29th Sep 13 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and yeah strava is a load of shite at times. 5 people out with me today and everything reads completely different even though everybody did the same route, at the same time.
Dr Pepper

29th Sep 13 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just added you on strava nic
Simon

29th Sep 13 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nah, see how it goes without, same design as Sram xx1 etc. So in theory at worst I'll maybe bang a clutch rear mech on.

With my lack of skill I'm not to worried about it, but we'll see.

I moved to the same couple months back although mine is a works components one instead. I've got a clutch rear mech but haven't lost the chain yet without any chain device so pretty impressed!

Obviously you have bigger hills up your way but is 30T not going to have you spinning out on anything remotely downhill? I only say because I have that problem with the 32T I have
Nic Barnes

29th Sep 13 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper

i was trying to work out who that was
Jimbothebarbarian

29th Sep 13 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
quote:
Nah, see how it goes without, same design as Sram xx1 etc. So in theory at worst I'll maybe bang a clutch rear mech on.

I moved to the same couple months back although mine is a works components one instead. I've got a clutch rear mech but haven't lost the chain yet without any chain device so pretty impressed!

Obviously you have bigger hills up your way but is 30T not going to have you spinning out on anything remotely downhill? I only say because I have that problem with the 32T I have

When you have a natural affinity with gravity like this fat feck, you don't need to pedal mate.

But tbh I have no clue what it'll be like 'til I get out on it. I'm on 29er wheels as well hence going for a 30t. I let you know how I get on with it. If it's not my cup of tea I can always try a double up front, just needed to bin the triple. Fucking hated it!
Nic Barnes

29th Sep 13 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I keep the bike I have I'm gonna change it to a double on the front not that I use granny, but it's nice to have.
Cole

29th Sep 13 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You wont be a follower for long as he dont ride with you he wont let you follow him if he does then he is full of ..
Simon

29th Sep 13 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
quote:

When you have a natural affinity with gravity like this fat feck, you don't need to pedal mate.

But tbh I have no clue what it'll be like 'til I get out on it. I'm on 29er wheels as well hence going for a 30t. I let you know how I get on with it. If it's not my cup of tea I can always try a double up front, just needed to bin the triple. Fucking hated it!

Makes more sense on 29s!
Nic Barnes

29th Sep 13 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice video my mate put up of me jumping into a bush on facebook. complete lack of talent on a blue route. dont think i can link it on here

[Edited on 29-09-2013 by Nic Barnes]
Jamie Walby

30th Sep 13 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I notice the same with Strava and elevation readings. I think it depends what device you use to track your rides. Phone apps seem to be way out. I think My Garmin 500 is pretty decent and always reads very similar to other guys I have ridden with that also use 500s. A friend has one of the forerunner multisport watches and that seems to be off too mind. Did I ride with him a few months back and it said he had climbed 2000ft more than me

Nic I too am about to add you on Strava.
Jamie Walby

30th Sep 13 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Todays ride with local club ... 73 miles with about 3,300ft of climbing at just over 16mph average....no idea why my strava is now saying 2.200 ft lol - its changed through the day but I know it was more from the other guys garmins ...strava altitude seems to be really hit and miss for me..... A few 40mph plus descents, awesome weather and a really amazing route to cycle around ...but I am pretty broken now, that was pretty much my biggest effort to date on a bike.

Good effort mate!

Next time you do a ride like that try get out the following day too just for a few miles. Get used to being on the bike with sore legs/arse
Dr Pepper

30th Sep 13 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:

Good effort mate!

Next time you do a ride like that try get out the following day too just for a few miles. Get used to being on the bike with sore legs/arse

Im gonna go out later and do my normal 20 mile timetrial route ..... I struggled up the stairs at work this mornng so it could be interesting!
Jamie Walby

30th Sep 13 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ouchie.

Just plotted a 100 mile route which im going to attempt on my single speed. Hopefully in a couple of weekends, got a wedding this saturday so wont be fit to ride at all Sunday.
ed

30th Sep 13 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to be getting a turbo trainer soon as I'm not going to have time in the evenings to ride after work now, especially when the clocks change! The old version of this trainer seems to come quite highly recommended, was wondering if anyone has used this type before:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cycleops-mag-trainer/

I was going to order the above with a few accessories, but I was in Decathlon earlier I cam across this which seems to be pretty good value:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/satori-pro-home-trainer-pack-id_8164386.html

Was wondering what people's thoughts were on it?

<<  110    111    112    113    114    115    116  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013 23 database queries in 0.0399058 seconds