corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  112    113    114    115    116    117    118  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread
Tom

User status: Offline
14th Jul 11 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Mentioning debt Tom

doesnt affect the club, rar rar rar etc...

They can't get away from the fact they have to service the debt can they
strick206

14th Jul 11 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Mentioning debt Tom

doesnt affect the club, rar rar rar etc...

Of course it affects the club, we are paying unnessesary interest each year just to help the wankers who bought the club because they havent used their own money to buy us.

We was the unfortunate victim of being a very very successful PLC, and the danger with that is what happpened to us, becoming private to someone who only cares about money, what we needed was a buyer who would buy the club and just run it the same as the PLC was run
mwg

14th Jul 11 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member

It doesn't have any effect as far as FFP goes though as they still make money.

No one seems to understand that.
strick206

14th Jul 11 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member

Also Tom, Aquafresh must be on a fair weekly wage and it looks like he is going to be bench warming next season?
Tom

14th Jul 11 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Also Tom, Aquafresh must be on a fair weekly wage and it looks like he is going to be bench warming next season?

I hope we keep him, there are loads of players who I'd like to see leave before he does and I think we'll largely be playing 4-3-3 this season so it'll be nice to have good depth in midfield areas. I still genuinely think he has alot to offer and could make an impact for us.

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

FFP is not solely about income and only spending on the basis of what you bring in, it's about spending within your means which means you you can't simply ignore the £50m odd (that was a pure guess) that you have to pay every year to the normal loans you have. You are an idiot if you think that's not part of it.

[Edited on 14-07-2011 by Tom]
Nath

14th Jul 11 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member

Ooooooooh name calling now, it's getting fiesty
Russ

14th Jul 11 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member

Anybody want to talk about the transfer of Roger Johnson? in a friendly way please
Nath

14th Jul 11 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member

Good signing mate, although he looked stoned in his SSN interview with Mick.

[Edited on 14-07-2011 by Nath]
Tom

14th Jul 11 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member

Johnson is a good defender, will improve you at the back no end. Who do you expect him to be paired with Russ?
mwg

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

I hope we keep him, there are loads of players who I'd like to see leave before he does and I think we'll largely be playing 4-3-3 this season so it'll be nice to have good depth in midfield areas. I still genuinely think he has alot to offer and could make an impact for us.

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

FFP is not solely about income and only spending on the basis of what you bring in, it's about spending within your means which means you you can't simply ignore the £50m odd (that was a pure guess) that you have to pay every year to the normal loans you have. You are an idiot if you think that's not part of it.

As long as United can afford to pay the loans, which they can, its irrelevant. And they still have money spare to go out and spend on players so United are spending within their means and meeting FFP rules with ease
strick206

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

The thing is it depends how the debt is structured, as some of it is against the glazers themselves, which won't affect united, more is also in the bonds, again, i dont know how these are paid but i can't imagine they will cause too many problems.

This summers spending spree and the players they have bought suggest they are doing it now before the ruling comes in, because with these players we will not have to spend big on more than 1 player a season again.

It wouldn't surprise me to see us sign two more players before the season starts.

But tbh, how united have approached this summer suggests they are well into arranging the FFP requirements
strick206

14th Jul 11 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Anybody want to talk about the transfer of Roger Johnson? in a friendly way please

Excellent signing, poached him from under the noses of bigger clubs imo

Will be a big help to that defense as well in terms of leeking goals like last year
Tom

14th Jul 11 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

As long as United can afford to pay the loans, which they can, its irrelevant. And they still have money spare to go out and spend on players so United are spending within their means and meeting FFP rules with ease

As much as you'd like to think otherwise, United don't have an endless source of money. If you sign Sneijder on the basis of the deal that's been reported, coupled to the other deals you have done this summer you will be ruling out massive spending in the next few summers. I'm not saying you won't be 'fine' in respect of meeting FFP rules in the short term, but to suggest the debt payments don't affect FFP is rediculous, they clearly have an impact on how much you can spend.
Cavey

14th Jul 11 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member

I think Johnson is better than Dann, and there were quotes of them wanting £14m for Dann, so very good signing for £7m.

Congratualtions Wolves
Nath

14th Jul 11 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
I think Johnson is better than Dann, and there were quotes of them wanting £14m for Dann, so very good signing for £7m.

Congratualtions Wolves

Agreed. Certainly more proven at least.
Tom

14th Jul 11 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

The thing is it depends how the debt is structured, as some of it is against the glazers themselves, which won't affect united, more is also in the bonds, again, i dont know how these are paid but i can't imagine they will cause too many problems.

This summers spending spree and the players they have bought suggest they are doing it now before the ruling comes in, because with these players we will not have to spend big on more than 1 player a season again.

It wouldn't surprise me to see us sign two more players before the season starts.

But tbh, how united have approached this summer suggests they are well into arranging the FFP requirements

When you say some of it is structured against the glaziers themselves, do you mean it's on the parent company rather than the club? As you've posted yourself, the Glazers are only there to make money, the parent company and the club are not exactly mutually exclusive in terms of finance are they?

FFP IS in practice NOW, yes you are allowed to spend more this summer (and on a sliding scale the couple of summers afterwards) but it's not like they start-a-fresh when they come into full effect i.e. you can still be thrown out of Europe if you fail to meet the requirements based on accounts from this year. As I say, I'm not suggesting you won't meet these rules i'm saying that your debt will affect how much you can spend in the long term (especially if you are spending massive money on deals for 27 year old players).
mwg

14th Jul 11 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member

No one will be spending massively after this summer. Like Strick said, we wont have to spend a lot of money on more than 1 player per season normally which is more than most clubs will be able to from now on.

VDS, Neville & Scholes retired so it was a bit of a unique situation this year.
strick206

14th Jul 11 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
(especially if you are spending massive money on deals for 27 year old players).

OMFG Downing

[Edited on 14-07-2011 by strick206]
mwg

14th Jul 11 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member

Uniteds transfers have always been from money they have made whether you go back to before the Glazers or since they took over and had the debt. So what is going to change? They're not suddenly going to start spending money they dont have - they've never done that. The big spending spree this summer is coming from Uniteds own money, they haven't borrowed it.
strick206

14th Jul 11 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
When you say some of it is structured against the glaziers themselves, do you mean it's on the parent company rather than the club? As you've posted yourself, the Glazers are only there to make money, the parent company and the club are not exactly mutually exclusive in terms of finance are they?

FFP IS in practice NOW, yes you are allowed to spend more this summer (and on a sliding scale the couple of summers afterwards) but it's not like they start-a-fresh when they come into full effect i.e. you can still be thrown out of Europe if you fail to meet the requirements based on accounts from this year. As I say, I'm not suggesting you won't meet these rules i'm saying that your debt will affect how much you can spend in the long term (especially if you are spending massive money on deals for 27 year old players).

Yes, some of the debt is against the glazers and not us. Some of it we have no need to pay back (obviously we are because the glazers are drawing money from the club but it isn't actually our debt)

I am sure i read that it comes in at the start of the season and initially will focus on wages.

As much as you like to make out this FFP won't affect us as much as smaller clubs such as Liverpool and then City.

We have massive revenues, and are commercially very sound, making more profit in a year than city make turnover. United will be fine with this FFP, and Liverpool probably the same (be interesting if they dont get europe next year)

City are fucked hence the blatently dodgy stadium sponsorship deal
Cavey

14th Jul 11 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member

Franco Bladini is leaving his job with England. Fuck! What are we going to do now?! Shit.
Tom

14th Jul 11 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
(especially if you are spending massive money on deals for 27 year old players).

OMFG

Since you are so quick to laugh at us spending £20m (+ about £20m in wages over his contract) on a soon to be 27 y/old Downing are you not able to see the irony in the fact that you are willing to throw nearly £35m (+ what £50m in wages over his contract) on a player the same age? Is Sneijder that much of a good fit for you that you think he's worth twice as much in amortization over his contract He plays in a similar role to Rooney imo, he's not going to fix your CM problems unless you change your whole system to accomodate him which is risky.

@ your rose tinted glasses
Nath

14th Jul 11 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member

POPCORN.GIF
Cavey

14th Jul 11 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member

If you believe any team is fucked with the rules, you're a bit naive, they wouldn't be putting themselves in a position where they'd be screwed with the FFP thing. I'm pretty sure they know the rules better than we do and will get themselves sorted. Whether it's by fair means or foul.
Nath

14th Jul 11 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
If you believe any team is fucked with the rules, you're a bit naive, they wouldn't be putting themselves in a position where they'd be screwed with the FFP thing. I'm pretty sure they know the rules better than we do and will get themselves sorted. Whether it's by fair means or foul.

100% this. All of these big spenders have the best lawyers and the best accountants, of course they know what they're doing with regards to spending.

<<  112    113    114    115    116    117    118  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.0689309 seconds