corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  113    114    115    116    117    118    119  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread
Tom

User status: Offline
14th Jul 11 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Uniteds transfers have always been from money they have made whether you go back to before the Glazers or since they took over and had the debt. So what is going to change? They're not suddenly going to start spending money they dont have - they've never done that. The big spending spree this summer is coming from Uniteds own money, they haven't borrowed it.

Answer me this, what is all this about?

Nath

14th Jul 11 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member

Answer him that mwg.
strick206

14th Jul 11 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member

Yes my glasses are very rose tinted, the irony in that statement is amazing.

Yes you are spending £20m on a player never really tested on the big stage (27 caps for england, hasn't got a very good reputation for england) and comparing it against a world cup finalist, capped over 70 times for his country, played for two of the biggest clubs in the world, won the champions league, la liga and serie A

There is about 45 days difference in terms of age so nothing to shout about.

We haven't signed him yet, probably won't sign him, but even if we do he isn't going to be on 190k a week like reported, we wouldnt make him our highest paid player.

He would fit into our team, playing CM and getting forwards, and the other CM doing the defensive duties more.

Comparing downing and sneijder is just silly tom
strick206

14th Jul 11 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
If you believe any team is fucked with the rules, you're a bit naive, they wouldn't be putting themselves in a position where they'd be screwed with the FFP thing. I'm pretty sure they know the rules better than we do and will get themselves sorted. Whether it's by fair means or foul.

If they enforced it strictly to the law (which they won't) city are fucked, doesn't matter how good your lawyer or accountant is, but because they won't do this and there will be bungs left right and centre, yes i agree, no team will fall foul unless something goes drastically wrong
Nath

14th Jul 11 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
If you believe any team is fucked with the rules, you're a bit naive, they wouldn't be putting themselves in a position where they'd be screwed with the FFP thing. I'm pretty sure they know the rules better than we do and will get themselves sorted. Whether it's by fair means or foul.

If they enforced it strictly to the law (which they won't) city are fucked, doesn't matter how good your lawyer or accountant is, but because they won't do this and there will be bungs left right and centre, yes i agree, no team will fall foul unless something goes drastically wrong

Their £400m deal for naming rights is a sham.
strick206

14th Jul 11 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Answer me this, what is all this about?

Because they are taking money away from the club, and have heaped debt onto the club, we didn't need that, as i said, victim of being a PLC, we could do with being privately owned and ran properly without being loaded with debt, hence all the complaints.

United itself is a massively profitable company, unfortunately some of those profits are being paid for interest payments, and also just interest payments, the glazers are paying little to none of the money they owe off, just the interest
mwg

14th Jul 11 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Answer him that mwg.

I shall.

Glazers got us in debt. United are paying the debt off but are still able to spend money as they make enough money to cover the repayments plus have money spare. Obviously could spend more if the debt wasn't there but are still spending within our means. So why is the FFP going to change anything for United?

They keep making enough to pay the repayments and have money left over for transfers. Same as has been the case since the Glazers took over and FFP was on the scene.
Nath

He answered you that Tom.
strick206

quote:

Exactly, and nothing will be done, the council house wouldnt even cost £400m to buy, makes you wonder why they havent bought it and just lease it.

Tom

14th Jul 11 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Yes, some of the debt is against the glazers and not us. Some of it we have no need to pay back (obviously we are because the glazers are drawing money from the club but it isn't actually our debt)

I am sure i read that it comes in at the start of the season and initially will focus on wages.

As much as you like to make out this FFP won't affect us as much as smaller clubs such as Liverpool and then City.

We have massive revenues, and are commercially very sound, making more profit in a year than city make turnover. United will be fine with this FFP, and Liverpool probably the same (be interesting if they dont get europe next year)

City are fucked hence the blatently dodgy stadium sponsorship deal

Which is my point, in one way or another the debt is being paid by the club not them.

I'm not going to start arguing about the intricacies of how your debt is structured (or how much it's worth) because I don't know enough about it, all i'm saying is whilst you have all that debt hanging over your club your future isn't quite as assured as it possibly should be, it's a good feeling to not have aqcuisition debt hanging over your head.

Oh and 'Smaller clubs'

Nath

14th Jul 11 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:

Exactly, and nothing will be done, the council house wouldnt even cost £400m to buy, makes you wonder why they havent bought it and just lease it.

'the stadium was built for the 2002 Commonwealth Games at a cost of £110 million'

Proof right there how much of a loophole that is
Cavey

14th Jul 11 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member

I agree completely that the 400m is bullshit. Seeing as etihad are owned by the same people who own City (i thin they're both royal family anyway?)

However.it doesnt matter what it costs to build does it, they're sponsoring the stadium, so can pay however much they want tbf.
Tom

14th Jul 11 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:

Yes you are spending £20m on a player never really tested on the big stage (27 caps for england, hasn't got a very good reputation for england) and comparing it against a world cup finalist, capped over 70 times for his country, played for two of the biggest clubs in the world, won the champions league, la liga and serie A

We haven't signed him yet, probably won't sign him, but even if we do he isn't going to be on 190k a week like reported, we wouldnt make him our highest paid player.

He would fit into our team, playing CM and getting forwards, and the other CM doing the defensive duties more.

missing the point again. You are paying that much because of his experience, my question was do you think it's ok for you to spend double on a player that you 'need' when you are laughing at a deal for a player we need, when both players will be worth a tiny % at the end of their contracts?

You know I wasn't comparing them in the way you have made out, I'm comparing them in the comparative value to each our teams at the moment.
strick206

14th Jul 11 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Which is my point, in one way or another the debt is being paid by the club not them.

I'm not going to start arguing about the intricacies of how your debt is structured (or how much it's worth) because I don't know enough about it, all i'm saying is whilst you have all that debt hanging over your club your future isn't quite as assured as it possibly should be, it's a good feeling to not have aqcuisition debt hanging over your head.

Oh and 'Smaller clubs'

I agree, we arent as secure as we could be but FFP won't be a problem,

Can as much as you like they are a smaller club
Nath

14th Jul 11 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
I agree completely that the 400m is bullshit. Seeing as etihad are owned by the same people who own City (i thin they're both royal family anyway?)

However.it doesnt matter what it costs to build does it, they're sponsoring the stadium, so can pay however much they want tbf.

Unless it isn't deemed 'fair' of course. *nudge nudge wink wink*
mwg

14th Jul 11 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member

Arsenal were paid £100m for stadium and shirt sponsorship for 16 years or something.

City get £400m for 10 years
Cavey

14th Jul 11 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member

but AIG could come in and offer 100m for 1 year at utd if they wanted to. (obviously utd would say no anyway as Charlton said)

The main reason i find it dodgy is because it's essentially Mansour doing it with his own money
Jamie Walby

14th Jul 11 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member

I think Sneijder is awesome to be honest.
Tom

14th Jul 11 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Answer him that mwg.

I shall.

Glazers got us in debt. United are paying the debt off but are still able to spend money as they make enough money to cover the repayments plus have money spare. Obviously could spend more if the debt wasn't there but are still spending within our means. So why is the FFP going to change anything for United?

They keep making enough to pay the repayments and have money left over for transfers. Same as has been the case since the Glazers took over and FFP was on the scene.

So they are paying the interest but they haven't addressed the issue of actually paying the money back? So in effect you are giving millions away every year that you could be spending on making your team better and you don't have a clue about what state your clubs going to be in financially in 2017 (is that when you have to pay some Bond/PIK's back)?
Nath

14th Jul 11 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
but AIG could come in and offer 100m for 1 year at utd if they wanted to. (obviously utd would say no anyway as Charlton said)

The main reason i find it dodgy is because it's essentially Mansour doing it with his own money

Loopholes, loopholes everywhere.
Russ

14th Jul 11 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Johnson is a good defender, will improve you at the back no end. Who do you expect him to be paired with Russ?
Berra
strick206

14th Jul 11 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:

Yes but that's different, because no owner at united owns a stake in aig do they? So that money would be AIGs and there own stupid fault for negotiating a bad deal, this is effectively mansour just putting money in a different account. And that is what is truly dodgy, yet nothing will be done rendering FFP pointless
Ben J

14th Jul 11 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member

Bit pissed off at Vieira.. Taken a job at City as Player Development Exec or something.

Wenger should have snapped him up as a coach.

City offered him £75k per week though or something. Still thought he may have come back to the Arsenal tho.

If Utd get Sneijder everyone is fucked. Utd will win everything.
Eck
Premium Member

14th Jul 11 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

They wont win the CL.
strick206

14th Jul 11 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

missing the point again. You are paying that much because of his experience, my question was do you think it's ok for you to spend double on a player that you 'need' when you are laughing at a deal for a player we need, when both players will be worth a tiny % at the end of their contracts?

You know I wasn't comparing them in the way you have made out, I'm comparing them in the comparative value to each our teams at the moment.

Maybe that is you thinking how you shouldn't, no big team signs a player to resell them on at some point for a profit, we buy players to keep until they retire and that is why comparing value at the end of the contracts is pointless.

In terms of value, will downing be fundamental in getting back liverpool into the CL, i very much doubt it. Not denying he is a good player but he isnt CL class imo

Could sneijder help us get closer to winning the CL, yes he will, he is a world class player who will bring us much much more quality in midfield (i will admit us signing sneijder doesnt mean we are level with barca, they are still miles ahead, it just strengthens us more)

<<  113    114    115    116    117    118    119  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.0423050 seconds