corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  116    117    118    119    120    121    122  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfer Thread
strick206

User status: Offline
31st Aug 13 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Spurs are just signing players for the sake of signing players now they have a bit of cash to throw around. United won't just sign for the sake of it they will only sign what they feel will genuinely add to the side in areas they are lacking, and won't pay over the odds either. To be fair to arsene we all lol at him, but in his press conference I did tend to agree that players values lately are being dictated by clubs financial power and desire not by their actual talent or proven ability.

Time will tell if spurs spending was worth it.

Erikkson would have added to our team and is a quality player for the future, exactly the type of player we normally sign, and he has gone to spurs for what is reported to be a very very reasonable fee imo.

strick206

31st Aug 13 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I'd be amazed if we signed any of these targets before 11 on Monday night.

Cesc Fabregas - Completely dead deal
Ander Herrera - Might be our most realistic
Daniele De Rossi - Seems to be linked with several teams most transfer windows
Kaka -
Leighton Baines - Anti climax to summer transfer window
Marouane Fellaini - Anti climax to summer transfer window

Fellaini would be a good signing i think. We don't need Baines but he would certainly add quality and become our best LB, but he isnt that much better than what we have to justify 18 million or whatever it is

De Rossi is just like Fabregas isnt he, he doesnt want to leave where he is and also the offer we are reported as having made is another embarrassing offer

Kaka I know he won't be coming to United but if he did and if he found his old form it would be a good signing, unfortunately is old form is so long ago that the chances of it coming back are very slim

I admit to knowing absolutely nothing about this Herrera, he has a high release clause and havent seen him linked with anyone all summer, so i am very worried if he could be someone we try to sign just so we have signed someone. I would be very happy if he is a similar player to Cazorla at Arsenal though

[Edited on 31-08-2013 by strick206]
Marc

31st Aug 13 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem is, and this is just my opinion before Steve Townsend and the Liverpool and Arsenal fan clubs jump in, but I get the impression English clubs think its a bit special to sign a Spanish player regardless of kudos.
Jamie Walby

31st Aug 13 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure where Arsenal come into that?
Marc

31st Aug 13 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I meant the experts on here that just so happen to be Arsenal and Liverpool fans.
Jamie Walby

31st Aug 13 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah I follow you now.
Hammer

31st Aug 13 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Spurs are just signing players for the sake of signing players now they have a bit of cash to throw around. United won't just sign for the sake of it they will only sign what they feel will genuinely add to the side in areas they are lacking, and won't pay over the odds either. To be fair to arsene we all lol at him, but in his press conference I did tend to agree that players values lately are being dictated by clubs financial power and desire not by their actual talent or proven ability.

Time will tell if spurs spending was worth it.

All time will tell is how much shite you talk. They are signing quality players, lots of them and they done it before they had even sold their prized asset.

It is wholly unsurprising you don't understand this though, not only do you 'support' United, you're really not a football fan in general proven by your distinct lack of understanding of the game.

[Edited on 31-08-2013 by Hammer]
Marc

31st Aug 13 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Difference between United and Spurs is we only need to add 1-2 players to strengthen. Spurs on the other hand have had to spend big to take them to the next level.
Steve
Premium Member

31st Aug 13 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spending big does not a good team make. I assume you are aware city who were by far the biggest spenders in the prem and arguably the best team on paper finished trophy less and 11 points behind United last season and only won the season before that on gd? Their European form was even worse, with constant grumblings of an unhappy changing room. That's what happens when you gather mercenaries.

Money does not guarantee success, but then without it you stand no chance anyway. I'm a firm believer truly long term successful teams are built over time not overnight

[Edited on 31-08-2013 by Steve]
Jamie Walby

31st Aug 13 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant argue with that.
Hammer

31st Aug 13 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What relevance does Man City or spending big have to Spurs?

Spurs are spending good money on good players, ones they needed and ones the knowledgeable football fans know would make any squad in the Premiership better.

They've sold a player in Bale who although good was vastly over rated value wise, probably 3 times more than his genuine worth and they have re-invested it in quality. The sum of the parts of the players they have purchased vastly outstrips the worth of Bale to their team.

Doesn't really matter what I think anyway, we will see where they end up at the end of the season but I would bet a large sum of money they will be top 4.
Eck
Premium Member

31st Aug 13 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pukki is a very good signing for Celtic.
Marc

31st Aug 13 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

City spent big on above average players to get where Spurs were a couple of seasons ago. As evidenced in City's top 6 finish.

Spurs are now where City were a couple of seasons ago and we all know how that ended. FA Cup, at the expense of knocking us out, followed by winning the league.

Going by whats Spurs have done, they are on track for CL and winning the league in a season or two.
Hammer

31st Aug 13 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Pukki is a very good signing for Celtic.

We're in discussions to bring Buttner in on loan as well, you would imagine that rests solely on United purchasing Baines.

Time is ticking on that one.
Steve
Premium Member

31st Aug 13 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buttner would be a decent player for you
Russ

31st Aug 13 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck of steve
Ben J

31st Aug 13 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Difference between United and Spurs is we only need to add 1-2 players to strengthen. Spurs on the other hand have had to spend big to take them to the next level.

Have Spurs reached the next level already??!!!!
Jamie Walby

31st Aug 13 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
fuck of steve

No need
Russ

31st Aug 13 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when steve who openly admits to watching all football world wide apart from scottish football is giving advice on whether celtic need a left back, theres a need
Steve
Premium Member

31st Aug 13 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think he's a good player that's all
Russ

31st Aug 13 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think youre a good human and i think the paedophile comments are uncalled for.

you're like a clueless wenger...
you're like wenger
Marc

31st Aug 13 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
quote:

Have Spurs reached the next level already??!!!!

They were in the Champions League a season ago, granted they only made UEFA last season but they pushed you all the way.

Their signings so far this season have showed a lot of ambition. Something which can not be said of Arsenal. Who I might add need to be looking over their shoulders at Spurs this season. Regardless of tomorrows result.

And in anticipation, United have thus far only signed one player, loaned out several and sold Wooton to Leeds. We however finished first last season and only need to add here and there.
Cavey

31st Aug 13 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom Carroll going to Ajax on loan for the season is a good thing for him too, if it happens, as they seem to be reporting on SSN.
Ben J

31st Aug 13 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mikenoncorsa

31st Aug 13 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do love the football experts on here banding around comments about spurs signing these quality players. How many times last season did you guys see, Erikkson and Lamela play? How can you say they are world class when at their tender age, they haven't done a fat lot just yet? IMO, if they were that good, bigger teams than Spurs would have come in for them. I'm not saying they won't be great in time, but I love how there are a couple of experts on here labelling them as awesome when all they've probably seen is a sky sports highlight reel 15 times an hour. Why would Utd sign Erikkson when they have Kagawa and Rooney that play the same position? If Lamela is that great, why have real signed Isco instead and Barca Neymar? Why haven't the bigger clubs in Italy gone in for him?

PS, who the fuck is Pukki?

<<  116    117    118    119    120    121    122  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread 23 database queries in 0.1371250 seconds