corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » This weeks CL build up and banter thread - LFC FTW

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This weeks CL build up and banter thread - LFC FTW
Tom

User status: Offline
9th Apr 08 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am so chuffed robbo is a proper sore loser I had 6/7+ texts after the game all calling us cheating bastards

We did what we had to tbh, arsenal looked fucked for the last 15 mins and we would have scored regardless of the penalty (that was) decision, I don't give a fuck what any other fan says, luck cannot be the main driver of success in a competition liek this. You have to take your chances that's the difference. If adebayor would have taken that chance it may well have been a different story.

Torres goal was a stunner, he had a bit of a poor game besides that, especially in the 1st half.

Was nice to see us settle into it after getting played off the park for 25 mins, showed character
Tom

9th Apr 08 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and babel he seems to be very effective as a fresh pair of legs and was awesome to see him playing like a proper forward for the last 10. His finish on the last was cool as
Hammer

9th Apr 08 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
Totti is out, so im not epecting much going forward from Roma

Mancini looked proper shit in the first leg, they did look good from middle to front though just when it got there the strikers were rotten!
Tom

9th Apr 08 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Full of confidence for the chelsea ties now
Hammer

9th Apr 08 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be looking out my Ushanka and bottle of vodka just now tbh
Tom

9th Apr 08 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wodka ftl
Marc

9th Apr 08 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
quote:
Originally posted by bjackso2x
Fergie will run out of gum and walkout...

p.p.s. Fergie never runs out of gum

Sponsored by Wrigleys
Robbo

9th Apr 08 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Oh and babel he seems to be very effective as a fresh pair of legs and was awesome to see him playing like a proper forward for the last 10. His finish on the last was cool as
Babel seems very effective at diving too
Robbo

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
This isnt directed to anyone on here really, although you do have a similar attitude, but listening to some of the away fans in the pub before and they seem to have this attitude where they think they deserve to win everything because they play good football. And any other team who doesnt try to put 1,000,000 passes together before walking it in the goal isnt good enough to be infront of them.

I have noticed this also to be fair
Cosmo

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

Must of been watching Hleb and Fabregas last week
Robbo

9th Apr 08 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
The score finished 5-3 anyway so the first leg pen shout wouldnt have made a difference....

We've won it five times....we've won it fiiiivvvee tiiiimmmmess....In Istanbul....we won it five times......
As said, discount Babels goal as by then all arsenals players were upfront... wouldnt have scored that goal at 2-2... that said, someone needs to teach our players to take one for the team... hack down babel and geta red, woudl ahve been worth it! Surprised one fo the liverpool players didnt do it to walcott tbH!
Robbo

9th Apr 08 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Must of been watching Hleb and Fabregas last week
What, both our genuine penalty claims?
Robbo

9th Apr 08 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

and

I knew we'd win tonight. Arsenal gave us a scare for the first 20mins (where they have played the best football against us I have seen for years IMO) but after that we settled down and controlled it.

Great header by Hyypia - 10yrs not out next year

What a natural finish by Torres, even though he had a quiet game. I'd accept him doing fuck all during games if he scores 1 each time

Great great great run by Walcott, although he should of been brought down in his own half, but our players were all on bookings so didnt so He has spells where he looks a great player, then others where I think he just isnt strong enough.

Babel once again showed why I think he'll be one of the best players in the Prem next season with both his drive into the box for the pen, and also for his goal. I know his pen will be debated, and its a ready made excuse for the Arsenal fans (which Wenger has aleady used which is good to see) but it was def a pen as much as the one at the Emirates was also a pen - its just luck of the draw I guess

Again though
How was it definately a pen? FOr a start the first contact was outside the box, for seconds... he all but dived, there was minimal contact made if any!! Unlike Kuyt on Hleb

And you were right about the atmosphere, it made all the diff on the cock of a ref giving a debateable penalty in the last 5 minutes in front of the kop

ALso, hyppias header... shocking, how do you let a header in from 15 yards away!!!!!!!!
RyanSxi

9th Apr 08 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
The score finished 5-3 anyway so the first leg pen shout wouldnt have made a difference....

We've won it five times....we've won it fiiiivvvee tiiiimmmmess....In Istanbul....we won it five times......
As said, discount Babels goal as by then all arsenals players were upfront... wouldnt have scored that goal at 2-2... that said, someone needs to teach our players to take one for the team... hack down babel and geta red, woudl ahve been worth it! Surprised one fo the liverpool players didnt do it to walcott tbH!

Looked like Aurelio tried but failed
RyanSxi

9th Apr 08 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

and

I knew we'd win tonight. Arsenal gave us a scare for the first 20mins (where they have played the best football against us I have seen for years IMO) but after that we settled down and controlled it.

Great header by Hyypia - 10yrs not out next year

What a natural finish by Torres, even though he had a quiet game. I'd accept him doing fuck all during games if he scores 1 each time

Great great great run by Walcott, although he should of been brought down in his own half, but our players were all on bookings so didnt so He has spells where he looks a great player, then others where I think he just isnt strong enough.

Babel once again showed why I think he'll be one of the best players in the Prem next season with both his drive into the box for the pen, and also for his goal. I know his pen will be debated, and its a ready made excuse for the Arsenal fans (which Wenger has aleady used which is good to see) but it was def a pen as much as the one at the Emirates was also a pen - its just luck of the draw I guess

Again though
How was it definately a pen? FOr a start the first contact was outside the box, for seconds... he all but dived, there was minimal contact made if any!! Unlike Kuyt on Hleb

And you were right about the atmosphere, it made all the diff on the cock of a ref giving a debateable penalty in the last 5 minutes in front of the kop

ALso, hyppias header... shocking, how do you let a header in from 15 yards away!!!!!!!!

the header was in the top corner/off the post.

fuck me, what do you expect of your players.
Robbo

9th Apr 08 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, yeah come to mention it one of the guys did try!

Also, who else foresaw walcott kicking the ball out for a goal kick with 3 players free in the box
Robbo

9th Apr 08 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ryan, cesc coiuld have EASILY got to that header... he barely move doff the post... almuina granted but cesc was near enouh to have tried better... also, senderos Obviously thought 15 yards out was far enought to let hyppia have a free header
Cosmo

9th Apr 08 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robbo, the bitterest of Arsenal fans...you sure you're not an Everton fan really?

It was a pen, even a United fan in here is saying so
Robbo

9th Apr 08 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually did used to be an everton as a small child, but only to piss my dad off

Sorry, there was hardly any contact on that... he went down nice and easy and the ref bottled it in front of the kop Im sure there was some contact as there always is but no tugging, no holding back etc

Im not bitter, just disappointed at the way it happened as we did enough over the 2 legs to go through IMO
RyanSxi

9th Apr 08 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im glad arsenal are out of the chmpions league. I dont think I could bear it had they of won.

Another trophyless season
p

9th Apr 08 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What game is every one gonna watch tonight, not sure what one to go for
iceman

9th Apr 08 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Robbo, the bitterest of Arsenal fans...you sure you're not an Everton fan really?

It was a pen, even a United fan in here is saying so

i was in row 7 in the kop to the right hand side of the goal where the foul was made and there is no doubt the ref got it right

RyanSxi

9th Apr 08 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
What game is every one gonna watch tonight, not sure what one to go for

Man u vs Roma
gianluigi

9th Apr 08 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Also, who else foresaw walcott kicking the ball out for a goal kick with 3 players free in the box

me granted, he done amazingly well though, good on the lad.

never a penalty, never in a million years. if its not gerrard diving, its torres, if its to torres, it babel.

pathetic
Conway563

9th Apr 08 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As a complete neutral it was definitely a penalty in my eyes. There might not of been a great deal of contact but I think Babel was still stopped from getting to the ball. I also think that the Kuyt challenge last week was a penalty but that's the way football goes. Some decisions go your way others dont.
At the end of the day Arsenal didn't finish off the chances they were creating and Liverpool did.

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » This weeks CL build up and banter thread - LFC FTW 23 database queries in 0.0151660 seconds