corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions League Semi Final Thread - 1st Leg, sponsored by red_tops name change to DannyV6

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Champions League Semi Final Thread - 1st Leg, sponsored by red_tops name change to DannyV6
Nismo

User status: Offline
24th Apr 08 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RyanSxi

24th Apr 08 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant believe Ronaldo didnt stick that away, wud have been an ideal start.

Ah well 0-0 atleast we didnt concede.

Didnt have much of a kick really tho, Rooney on the right was a bad idea
John G

24th Apr 08 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously gonna be abit biased on this one, but i thought it was a great result for Barca, passed you off the park! Agree with Cosmo on the old diving situation!

Personally think Barca should be the happier of the 2 teams knowing you havent got an away goal, all they need to do is go to Old Trafford, take the game to you like they did last night, sneak a goal and keep it tight, as besides the penalty and carricks chance you hardly had a sniff last night.

Obviously your going to play differently at Old Trafford, but whatever barca score you have to score 1 more now, which if they pass it round like they did last night it wont be easy.
RyanSxi

24th Apr 08 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont think they will be able to pass it as easily/freely at trafford.

IMO Fergie got the tactics wrong playing rooney on the right wing of a 4 man midfield.

At hold I recon we can sneak it, wuda been alot more hapier had that penalty of gone in.
Dean_W

24th Apr 08 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought we were shite. Started ok, but then fell to bits after the penalty. We were played off the park by Barca, didn't help with all there diving and general fanny football. Really fucks me off that shit.

Shame the ref discounted the second penalty which was more of a pen than the first one.

Ah well, nevermind. Get them back to OT and give them a beating....... (Hopefully)
John G

24th Apr 08 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_W
I thought we were shite. Started ok, but then fell to bits after the penalty. We were played off the park by Barca, didn't help with all there diving and general fanny football. Really fucks me off that shit.

Shame the ref discounted the second penalty which was more of a pen than the first one.

Ah well, nevermind. Get them back to OT and give them a beating....... (Hopefully)

Definetly shit it after already giving you a penalty, as for the diving, you have to expect it, its the main reason why i refuse to watch La Liga on sky or Seria A on ch4. Their games are 2 stop start.

Definetly agree with you Ryan that they wont be able to pass it around as wel, but barca arnt the type of team to sit back and do what you tried to do last night, they see the best way to defend is to attack.

Rooney wasnt even there last night, besides the odd flitter i didnt think ronaldo was in it much either, hoping Henry will be fit for return leg as he really seemed to cause your defence trouble and id like to see him play the 90 with messi and deco together,

Makes for 2 good return legs for sure.
Cosmo

24th Apr 08 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_W
didn't help with all there diving

Yeah, like you lot werent at it too

TBH like I said before the game, United were the favs for me and really thought you could go away there and score 3 or more (christ even we scored 2 before we had Torres!).

So thats why I think Barca will be happiest as keeping a cleansheet against whats one of the best attacking sides is a great result. And they'll be thinking they can score at OT, as they should be as they are one of the other great attacking sides!
Nath

24th Apr 08 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No way are United going to allow Barca that much freedom at OT. Barca won't be happy with a 0-0 IMO.
Cosmo

24th Apr 08 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
No way are United going to allow Barca that much freedom at OT. Barca won't be happy with a 0-0 IMO.

Against (probably) the best attacking side in the world?!
Nath

24th Apr 08 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At home in front of 90k Barca fans?
Cosmo

24th Apr 08 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
At home in front of 90k Barca fans?

They arent the team they used to be though, and certainly werent the favs to go through.

I agree they'd of rather got a goal, but a cleansheet must of been top of their list.
Nath

24th Apr 08 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see your point, but I can't see any home team being happy with a 1st Leg 0-0. Especially with how United played last night.

Game on though now!
chris-sri

24th Apr 08 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We played badly last night and 0-0 turned out to be a good result. We should have had a second pen but Barca should have scored about 4 goals so I guess it's all relative. I'd like to see Anderson play in the second leg
Cosmo

24th Apr 08 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris-sri
I'd like to see Anderson play in the second leg

I dont understand why he didnt play him TBH, he has been great every time Ive seen him.
Marc

24th Apr 08 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes you wonder if they're thinking of the Chelsea game foremost and then seeing if they can do it in the second leg. If that was the plan then they've being a bit lucky!
chris-sri

24th Apr 08 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't understand why Anderson didn't feature at some point. Ah well attention turns to Saturday and we'll worry about this again next week
Russ

25th Apr 08 at 06:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought it was typical man utd away in europe.

ok barca had the ball for 80 mins, but most of that was going sideways. rooney on the wing was a bad idea, should of let him and tevez screamed up the middle especially after the penalty, the defenders had to be thinking "christ the ref will give a penalty for everything, so we gotta be careful". it all depends on how man utd do the weekend for me. if they beat chelsea they will be on a high, should play ronney and tevz up front, giggs hargreaves anderson ronaldo across the middle. but he wont
DannyB
Premium Member

27th Apr 08 at 08:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

woot, sponsored by me.

<<  9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions League Semi Final Thread - 1st Leg, sponsored by red_tops name change to DannyV6 23 database queries in 0.0165541 seconds