corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Derren brown to predict lottery result live just before the draw??

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Derren brown to predict lottery result live just before the draw??
Cosmo

User status: Offline
10th Sep 09 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW, I cant wait to see how he uses camera tricks to make people stick to their seats in their own homes in programme 3.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

10th Sep 09 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely he will hypnotise the masses for that, or put superglue on everyones seats
Paul_J

10th Sep 09 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.domz.co.uk/

Another person who speaks sense on here...

- Believes different theories of 'how'.

- Knows that pre draw those balls were blank

- Knows that derren will not be telling us the 'REAL' way he did it on friday and instead misdirect us into believing he really did predict the numbers

quote:
So what's going to happen on Friday? Well Derren is apparently going to tell you how he predicted the lottery draw and how you yourself can do it. He's not going to be telling you the truth, in fact the Friday night show is simply misdirection away from the trick he actually used, and by revealing his "method" he is just re-affirming that he did predict the lottery numbers - when he didn't! By the looks of it he will be trying to paint a picture of him analysing all the numbers and god knows what else in order to come to his prediction. I suspect a twist at the end of the show though, maybe revealing that it was all a trick? Who knows.
Cosmo

10th Sep 09 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
surely he will hypnotise the masses for that, or put superglue on everyones seats

I dont know, I'll wait for Paul to tell us how he will 100% do it, guaranteed.
Lawrah
Premium Member

10th Sep 09 at 09:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats exactly what he will do, While everyone and I mean everyone, is tucked up in their beds, he will send a team, some call them the D Team, out and around the Uk, to climb through Letter Boxes and Down Chimneys, to apply, a thin yet even layer of Superglue, which does then not activate until the viewer has tuned into his show, if in the event the viewer watched River City instead, the Magical Glue will just vanish. leaving no trace.
Paul_J

10th Sep 09 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by willay

I dont know, I'll wait for Paul to tell us how he will 100% do it, guaranteed.

or your money back!

My point is... some of you, 'FruitBooTeR' for example, seem to think he will Actually tell us how he 'really did it' ... that's why I'm stressing my point... As after friday's show he will have logically explained a way that he 'did it' - despite infact not doing it that way.
Cosmo

10th Sep 09 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course its all a trick ffs

No one is trying to say he can actually guess the correct 6 numbers - if he could he wouldnt be making a show about it but putting on the next rollover Euromillions and winning £60m!

The difference is, his shows just arent as simple as being a crappy camera trick that anyone could pull off and then lie about it to say he guessed it.
Paul_J

10th Sep 09 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
Thats exactly what he will do, While everyone and I mean everyone, is tucked up in their beds, he will send a team, some call them the D Team, out and around the Uk, to climb through Letter Boxes and Down Chimneys, to apply, a thin yet even layer of Superglue, which does then not activate until the viewer has tuned into his show, if in the event the viewer watched River City instead, the Magical Glue will just vanish. leaving no trace.

shhshh you'll ruin the surprise.
Lawrah
Premium Member

10th Sep 09 at 09:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah

shhshh you'll ruin the surprise.

Oh oops.
Cosmo

10th Sep 09 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My point is... some of you, 'FruitBooTeR' for example, seem to think he will Actually tell us how he 'really did it' ... that's why I'm stressing my point... As after friday's show he will have logically explained a way that he 'did it' - despite infact not doing it that way.

I think he will tell us how he did it, he has done many shows in the past where he has gone on to show how its done.

I dont for one minute think he ACTUALLY guess the numbers, but at the same time it wasnt some simple trick.
Tommy L

But Paul, you have not got hard facts to back up your statement of -

HE WILL NOT ADMIT IT'S CAMERA TRICKERY

The real trick will be on Friday, when he convinces us / brainwashes us to believe the way he 'did it'.

Or do you?

[Edited on 10-09-2009 by corsa_tomtom]
Paul_J

quote:

No one is trying to say he can actually guess the correct 6 numbers - if he could he wouldnt be making a show about it but putting on the next rollover Euromillions and winning £60m!

The difference is, his shows just arent as simple as being a crappy camera trick that anyone could pull off and then lie about it to say he guessed it.

I think some people on here and around the uk - actually believe he could guess the correct 6 and did... FruitBooTeR for example.

I've read countless of comments on news articles and blogs where people are claiming he's a god / tapped into hell / can predict the future etc.

Some people really do believe there was no trickery at all.
Paul_J

10th Sep 09 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom
But Paul, you have not got hard facts to back up your statement of -

HE WILL NOT ADMIT IT'S CAMERA TRICKERY

Or do you?

Yes I do, but for legal reasons I can't show you the facts.
Paul_J

10th Sep 09 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I think he will tell us how he did it, he has done many shows in the past where he has gone on to show how its done.

I dont for one minute think he ACTUALLY guess the numbers, but at the same time it wasnt some simple trick.

--- Fair enough.

Although in all of his things, he gives you a logical explaination... For example 'The System' which was quite easy to predict how it was being done...

but on 'the system' - despite the system he's just shown you and the fact that he admits there's no way to predict a winner, he has the final winning ticket... meaning either co-op with the well advertised betting company (I thought they were supposed to hide branding like that normally) or 6 tickets on each horse (which with their budget would've been fairly reasonable).

My point is, he never explains how he guessed the right horse at the end.

He still doesn't / won't explain it properly - but instead give some garbled nonsense that will make sense and will make you believe he really did it.

I will eat my words if a man in a gorilla suit is actually walking about the set changing the numbers and I just can't see him due to derrens mis direction.
FruitBooTeR

10th Sep 09 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I think some people on here and around the uk - actually believe he could guess the correct 6 and did... FruitBooTeR for example.

I've read countless of comments on news articles and blogs where people are claiming he's a god / tapped into hell / can predict the future etc.

Some people really do believe there was no trickery at all.

Ovcourse

I really do honestly believe that he can guess the lottery numbers.........

Erm....no no I dont think that Paul I just think that its not going to be something as easy as camera tricks, there WILL be some elaborate way he worked it out, why else did it take hima year to get it to work? Unless thats lies etc which im sure you think it is..

I just want to give the guy a break and not jump on the bandwagon with the rest of the people saying is camera tricks...

A kid with a media degree can do that with a few cameras and a computer, I dont htink someone with the skills he has would.
Dr Pepper

10th Sep 09 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely its going to be down to him filming every possible combination and at some point cutting to the matching set at the point where he turns off the live broadcast....fits in with the sort of stuff hes done befoe and would explain 'a years work'

[Edited on 10-09-2009 by Dr Pepper]
Paul_J

10th Sep 09 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
Surely its going to be down to him filming every possible combination and at some point cutting to the matching set at the point where he turns off the live broadcast....fits in with the sort of stuff hes done befoe and would explain 'a years work'

Overkill perhaps?

- but it is like some of the stuff he has done before

I agree with the others - it would not make good tv if the explained reason on friday is as simple as 'camera tricks' or 'many possibilities filmed'. He'll have a good long system which logically may make sense (that he'll pad out over an hour inbetween other stunts).

I'm just bitter as I didn't win the lottery last night
Bart

10th Sep 09 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres how he did it... I think anyway.
Watch this video over and over, pay particular attention at 2.05 and 2.07
You will notice that the camera is held extremly still for a few seconds.

I think the theory is that the left side of the screen is a still image, an overlay. As the numbers are picked, someone places the balls in the tray and the feed is sync'ed.

Someone else might have suggested this, but I CBA to read 12 pages.
mwg

10th Sep 09 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah thats not been mentioned yet
Bart

10th Sep 09 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you watch the feed all the way through ,the cameraman is naturally shakey... but between those seconds the footage is absolutly 100% still... I think its quite likely.
He said he was being filmed live and he said the draw is live, so it does fit the bill.
Paul_J

10th Sep 09 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol...

I just noticed my youtube vid explaining it made metro news

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?How_did_Derren_Brown_predict_the_winning_lottery_numbers?&in_article_id=735342&in_page_id=34

oneone25percent is a crap youtube account I made a week or so ago for another project I was going to do
kz

10th Sep 09 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper

Someone worked out he would of had to do 38,000 different combinations a day to make that happen in one year!

Someone's made a gif of the ball moving on it's own...

Simon

10th Sep 09 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh-Sport
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
People always seem to miss the point in what he does. The whole point of his shows are that how he does everything involves everything but camera trickery

You miss the point, he wants people to think that everything he does is through misdirection, not actual 'magic' but the truth is its all just trickery with explanations that make you think its done through misdirection/being clever etc.

Copied from other thread, I'm not saying how it is done. All I'm saying is that I highly doubt it is anything to do with camera tricks. He wouldn't be where he is now if everything he did was tricks with filming because there is nothing special about that
All Torque

10th Sep 09 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Horse. Shit.

Scotty_B

10th Sep 09 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All I know if it was true and he did predict them, he better watch his back as I'll lock him in my basement until I win the Euromillions.

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Derren brown to predict lottery result live just before the draw?? 22 database queries in 0.1882300 seconds