corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance
K2 GTi

User status: Offline
29th Jul 10 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a good quote when I did this a few months ago.. but couldn't afford the high deposit price for direct debits!!! If you can do something about this i'd switch right now.
Tim@ChrisKnott

29th Jul 10 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
Got a quote tim, but despot is twice as much as anyone else on direct debit, anthing you can do about that ?

We use a third party finance house and the deposit is around 25% in the first year. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about it. Sorry.

[Edited on 29-07-2010 by Ian]
mattk

29th Jul 10 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tim@ChrisKnott

29th Jul 10 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi
I got a good quote when I did this a few months ago.. but couldn't afford the high deposit price for direct debits!!! If you can do something about this i'd switch right now.

I appreciate what you're saying K2 but the problem was that some people were taking out insurance and then cancelling. It costs insurers quite a bit in admin costs in the first year so they have to make sure they cover their costs.

Pity really. Suppose it's like uninsured drivers causing additional premiums for law-abiding citizens.

[Edited on 29-07-2010 by Ian]
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Jul 10 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if this is the case but the interest rates normally work out quite high anyway ie. you're better paying a credit card even at like 12/13% and you do get flexibility over the payment terms then.

Do you have APR figures Tim? Or even just a sample quote that you could do monthlies on to see how they compare?
Tim@ChrisKnott

29th Jul 10 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The actual charge you pay over and above the premium is 9.75% which is added after the deposit is taken off. In terms of APR, it is 29.45%. Hope this helps.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Jul 10 at 14:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought so. I always use buy now pay with money to purchase the policy and finance it some other way, none of my borrowing is that bad thankfully
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jul 10 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What kind of shit company wont even quote based on my postcode. Last time I'll be ringing you guys.
Tim@ChrisKnott

30th Jul 10 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Thought so. I always use buy now pay with money to purchase the policy and finance it some other way, none of my borrowing is that bad thankfully

The best way!
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jul 10 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
What kind of shit company wont even quote based on my postcode. Last time I'll be ringing you guys.

Really baffles me how you can just rule out thousands of people tbh.

Adrian Flux have just sorted me out anyway...

Age 26, Audi A3 Quattro Turbo, 6yrs no claims & my 'apparently' poor postcode, £450
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jul 10 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris will Knott insure you
3CorsaMeal

30th Jul 10 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Really baffles me how you can just rule out thousands of people tbh.

Adrian Flux have just sorted me out anyway...

Age 26, Audi A3 Quattro Turbo, 6yrs no claims & my 'apparently' poor postcode, £450

wouldn't that be a good earner, only insuring the lowest of the lowest risk people, so you take all this money each year but hardly ever have to pay out.

i hate to think how much i've paid in insurance over 10ys, and then when i was involved in an accident i got a shitty £150 back to help fix my car.......
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jul 10 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
wouldn't that be a good earner, only insuring the lowest of the lowest risk people, so you take all this money each year but hardly ever have to pay out.

i hate to think how much i've paid in insurance over 10ys, and then when i was involved in an accident i got a shitty £150 back to help fix my car.......

I can understand their profiteering logic behind it yeah. Doesn't make it any less bullshit.

The alarming thing is, some places quoted me more than I was paying on my Impreza

I hate Adrian Flux, but they're always the cheapest.
daymoon
Premium Member

30th Jul 10 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

I can understand their profiteering logic behind it yeah. Doesn't make it any less bullshit.

The alarming thing is, some places quoted me more than I was paying on my Impreza

I hate Adrian Flux, but they're always the cheapest.

Brentacre were cheapest for me this year!
Tim@ChrisKnott

30th Jul 10 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i'm blunt, say what you like guys but just google our name and see all the positive feedback we get on other forums.

This scheme is a multi-million pound account.

Some don't qualify because you are in categories which are loss leaders for insurance companies.

But saying that it's good to see Ben's post -

Just like to add, Chris knott have just smashed the nearest other quote by £100 for my wifes car. No one else could get below £500 but they did, with legal, guarenteed courtesy car etc and low excess.

Great service again!

Fantastic.
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jul 10 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no doubt you get positive feedback from low risk people you are willing to insure, Tim. I just think to rule out people because of where they live and not even proceed with a quote is pretty shocking. If everybody did that then there'd be a good % of the population who had no insurance at all.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jul 10 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might give a ring just to see.

Trouble with insurance companies like this im always dubious about how quick you would get a pay out, or how much effort they would go to chasing up 3rd party insurance when placing a non fault claim. Or even how good a payout you get, like £50 for you car

[Edited on 30-07-2010 by Steve]
Tim@ChrisKnott

30th Jul 10 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We are only an option of course. But the reality of it is that in your case, the insurers pay out more money in your area than they take in and so anyone in their right mind would refuse to quote and if they did quote then the scheme wouldn't last very long.

And it's not low risk people. It's people over the age on 22 and not living in certain North West postcodes.

People maybe don't realise that we are just one of many brokers around the UK so they can use others not just us.

I don't mean to be condescending but i feel some people on here are a little naive about the workings of business.

Whilst people like Ben insure with us there is no reason to withdraw it on here.
Tim@ChrisKnott

30th Jul 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I might give a ring just to see.

Trouble with insurance companies like this im always dubious about how quick you would get a pay out, or how much effort they would go to chasing up 3rd party insurance when placing a non fault claim. Or even how good a payout you get, like £50 for you car

[Edited on 30-07-2010 by Steve]

Steve, if you have misgivings, don't use us then. Simple as!

We are more than happy with the business we are doing and this has created extra jobs for people in the last year which can only be helpful.

I'm not going to promote our claims service to you because whatever i say, you will be cynical. I'm only being honest but your previous comment shows a little immaturity.

[Edited on 30-07-2010 by Tim@ChrisKnott]
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jul 10 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Naive about the workings of business Yes, you are being condescending. I don't want this to turn into an argument anyway, I've said my piece.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jul 10 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me immature dont be daft

i will let you know how it compares to my direct line
mattk

30th Jul 10 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was just gonna go out, but some tit has set my car on fire in the drive, ahh well this is the good old north west, Il just go and steal my neighbours car and park it in the fruit isle of tesco
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jul 10 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
was just gonna go out, but some tit has set my car on fire in the drive, ahh well this is the good old north west, Il just go and steal my neighbours car and park it in the fruit isle of tesco

So immature
Tim@ChrisKnott

30th Jul 10 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See what i mean!
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jul 10 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have a laugh on here, Tim.

<<  9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance 22 database queries in 0.2066951 seconds