corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread
emicen

User status: Offline
25th Mar 12 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Remember the clocks go forward tonight if you want to watch it live tomorrow! (pretty sure that's tonight anyway)

What actual time does it start?

Anyone got a stream linky?
Corsa_Sport21

25th Mar 12 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ilemi.me/48986/2/Watch-F1-Malaysian-Grand-Prix--Main-Race/
fred7

25th Mar 12 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ThisIs shit hate red flags!! Y is everyone sayin how good hamilton was to stay in front of button when pitted. Button was stuck behind schumy for a few corners so wasnt hamiltons skill.
Marc

25th Mar 12 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS Button.
Cole

25th Mar 12 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done but unlucky Perez
Tiesto

25th Mar 12 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perez
Marc

25th Mar 12 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, Perez right behind Alsonso. Brundle says they will probably hang back to keep Ferrari the engine supplier happy. Next thing Perez messes that corner up and loses a couple of seconds...
Dave

25th Mar 12 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He got a call about 30seconds before that over the radio pretty much saying don't go for the win.
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Mar 12 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really impressive from Perez, raw pace he had deserved a win - wasn't just fluked into position by pitstops and rain.

Lewis looking much happier with a third when he knows he's outpointed his main title rivals - though only a fool would discount Alonso from being in contention for a while!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Cavey

25th Mar 12 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did seem a bit coincidental for Perez, shame as he would of taken him.

Not sure what Red Bull were playing at at the end with Vettel, obviously trying to wangle some kind of advantage for the next race.

McClarens pit stops fucked over both of their drivers, not for the first time. Oh, and Button made a stupid move and screwed himself
Ben D

25th Mar 12 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would probably have been a much different race had Mclarens not fluffed their pit stops today.

Grosjean did well off the line but messed up again like last week, he looks promising though, F1 looks much more competative this year.
Ben G

25th Mar 12 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great race, ruined by red tape and silly rules about starting behind safety cars.

really happy for perez, he's an amazing racer and he'll definitely replace massa, who is shite.

daniel corsa, where are you?
Kippers

25th Mar 12 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree... Perez for massa.

Showed today his skill.
Daveskater
Premium Member

25th Mar 12 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really pleased Perez did so well, he looked over the moon on that podium. He's a top driver and if he doesn't replace Massa at the end of the year then Ferrari are mad.

Bit gutted Button didn't do very well, was his fault though and he admits it. Seems I wore the rocket red shirt for nothing

Needless to say I had some texts off my Ferrari-supporting mate

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Ryan

25th Mar 12 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt Massa will see ou the season, he's never been right since the accident.

Alonso & Perez shame Hamilton cant drive unless its dry.
AndyKent

25th Mar 12 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan

Forgetting Silverstone a couple of years ago when he finished a good 30 seconds in front of everyone else in the pouring rain then?
Daveskater
Premium Member

25th Mar 12 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
So, Perez right behind Alsonso. Brundle says they will probably hang back to keep Ferrari the engine supplier happy. Next thing Perez messes that corner up and loses a couple of seconds...
Tbf, why would he throw it on the corner instead of just slowing down if it was a message to stay back? Could have lost more than a couple of seconds by missing the corner.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Dave

25th Mar 12 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the message from his team caused him to lose concentration, he had caught Alonso and was clearly looking for a pass before that came through, then pretty much got told not to. Conspiracy aside I think the team were after the guaranteed points from second rather than not upsetting their engine suppliers.
JonnyJ

26th Mar 12 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
quote:

Forgetting Silverstone a couple of years ago when he finished a good 30 seconds in front of everyone else in the pouring rain then?

Ryan is a troll. I see he failed to mention button dun goofing

Bit surprised really, I thought these conditions were "made" for button yet he barely made any progress after he fucked up

at how angry Vettel was, not going all your own way now is it sunshine

[Edited on 26-03-2012 by JonnyJ]
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Mar 12 at 07:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 26-03-2012 by Kyle T]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

26th Mar 12 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remember that happen in touring cars back in the day when Murray Walker was commentating. He covered it up beautifully by saying "he's telling him he's going for 1st"
Ryan

26th Mar 12 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
quote:

Ryan is a troll. I see he failed to mention button dun goofing

Bit surprised really, I thought these conditions were "made" for button yet he barely made any progress after he fucked up

at how angry Vettel was, not going all your own way now is it sunshine

Hardly a troll, quite obviously a Button fan so it's natural that I want to see his closest rivals do badly, same as any sport really.

Most people on here are ignorant to how good button is, and find excuses every time he does well.

And as for the he's boring bollocks, (which is exactly that) do we all suddenly support Barcelona?

[Edited on 26-03-2012 by JonnyJ]
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Mar 12 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was nice to see LH referring to his 2007 season in the post-race interview, guess he's finally realising that you can win championships without winning every race - if he keeps popping the poles in, even with shoddy races/poor pitstops/weather/poor pace/whatever he's still got a good chance of a podium, and if he keeps getting those in he should be in a good position for the WDC this year.

I can't decide whether JB or SV is his biggest threat, JB is obviously driving very well atm and the team definately like him... read into that as you will

SV appears quite scrappy and scruffy when he's not in the front - so I can see him having a few dingdongs.... much like Hamilton over the last two seasons I guess.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Rob E

26th Mar 12 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I would say JB is more of a threat to Lewis at the moment. The red bull just isn't on the same level as the McLaren in terms of pace at the moment but I expect there will be some major updates in Spain.

I think the new rules have really levelled out the playing field though and we are in for some good racing this year. Williams seem strong, Suaber look like they can challenge the front runners too along with lotus who havent really looked to get the ball rolling yet this season.

I definately think its going to be a McLaren driver winning the championship this year though but I still cant decide who.
Daveskater
Premium Member

26th Mar 12 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
I think the message from his team caused him to lose concentration, he had caught Alonso and was clearly looking for a pass before that came through, then pretty much got told not to. Conspiracy aside I think the team were after the guaranteed points from second rather than not upsetting their engine suppliers.
There's also the point that he could have made a bad move trying to get first and then cost them all the points. Not saying he's likely to do something stupid, but if he did get caught up in the "I'm about to take first" moment then anything might happen. Misjudged braking or something like that.
quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
SV appears quite scrappy and scruffy when he's not in the front - so I can see him having a few dingdongs.... much like Hamilton over the last two seasons I guess.
I agree. To me the moves he makes in unusual places isn't just showing a talent for making unexpected moves, but rather an impatience and trying to force his way back to where he thinks his rightful place is. E.g. last week in Aus, he really pushed past Rosberg - Nico may not have expected him to make a move like that so could have quite easily pulled across on him not thinking there'd be someone there. Then at Monza last year on the grass, just looks to me as though he wanted to get back up front so was quite willing to try something possibly very stupid and risky by going right up on the grass. Yes, he has substantial testicular matter to even try it, but it was very risky and not something a more calm driver like Button would try.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0263591 seconds