corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New toyota

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New toyota
mwg

User status: Offline
18th Aug 12 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Premium Member

18th Aug 12 at 07:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here we go
mwg

18th Aug 12 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need more power in your Puma
Steve
Premium Member

18th Aug 12 at 07:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to Stfu
Nismo

18th Aug 12 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The way i see it. my 2p.

Toyota have brought back the 86, the classic 86 was a cult car that didn't have masses amount of power it was a drivers car, that handled very well and become a favourite with the skid crew due to it being the perfect balance?

For all we know this could be the start of Toyota bring back some of there classics, the 86 wasnt the flagship car,, the Supra was, this could pave the way for the Supra to be redesigned and its been on the cards for ages, maybe this is Toyotas way of researching what the market wants?

Down to power... if a car is built and engineered right it doesnt need lots of power, imo this is why the S2000, DC2 and DC5 are successful cars, the right balance of power and drivability, as mentioned if you have this then you can take these cars out on track and they will hold there ground with bigger cars with forced induction.

and ultimately the 86 has a 5 year warranty!!
Fad

18th Aug 12 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G scenarios are just funny....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=romf-G6CZ7g

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JUhLXvxlQR4

Chris Harris loved it and pretty much sums it all up! I just had the keys to a brand new mx5 Kuro for the last two weeks and despite only having 170bhp I was leaving my torquey 200bhp rwd diesel at home every day. Some of you are really missing the point....these cars make driving feel like an occasion every time you drive one!

I can't wait till they become affordable....going to be a real cult classic one day!

[Edited on 18-08-2012 by Fad]
AK

18th Aug 12 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew the s2000 was 240ish I think my brain was rotted by a yank telling me theres were only 170odd bhp
SetH

18th Aug 12 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The POOOWWWAAAA crew are still overlooking the drivetrain and the balanced chassis here.

I expect most of them have only driven powerful, nose heavy, understeering, FWD cars tbh.

I really want a go in one of these or the BRZ now tbh. Hmmm trip to Toyota tomorrow morning?

[Edited on 18-08-2012 by SetH]
Nismo

18th Aug 12 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
I knew the s2000 was 240ish I think my brain was rotted by a yank telling me theres were only 170odd bhp

Interesting Yank S2000 fact... They came with a 2.2L engine in the facelift model .... still same power though
AK

18th Aug 12 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so..... what seperates the BRZ and GT86?
SetH

18th Aug 12 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a lot I don't think, I know that does not answer your question though

Hmmm must be a comparison guide somewhere.

I think the BRZ would encourage more Ben G style traffic light raping from big diesel Audi's so that they can tell their mates they 'done a subaru at the lights'
Nismo

18th Aug 12 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a gap? and a badge?
SetH

18th Aug 12 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

While developing the two sports cars, Subaru and Toyota promised they would deliver totally different design languages, but upon close inspection, the two vehicles are almost identical. Both vehicles have a strong front fascia, but the BRZ will be distinguished by a Subaru-signed hexagon lower grille, front bumper design, and headlight detailing. Other details setting it apart are the custom fender vents, integrated exhaust tips, and revised tail-lamps.

As previously confirmed, the Subaru BRZ will be powered by the same 2.0-liter horizontally-opposed boxer engine found in the GT 86. The engine even delivers the same 200 HP and 151 lb-ft torque, meaning the promised 300 HP will be reserved for the STI version.
AK

18th Aug 12 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do folk still race at lights?

I did when I was 18
John

18th Aug 12 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do most people take their cars on track?
SetH

18th Aug 12 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
do folk still race at lights?

I did when I was 18

According to this thread the 0-60 traffic light grand prix times are the deciding factor in buying a car. Thus the haterz dont like the 7.6 0-60 of the GT-86 because they will get done by remapped Astra Diesels

My last traffic light GP was in 2004 when I did some "one, two eat my poo check out the jap import subaru" shit on a new Z4.
AK

18th Aug 12 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

If they have track cars I'd say, yes.... 100% nugget

I dont take the Range Rover on track, I dont take the 911 on track (did 1 time, but only once)

Not sure what you were trying to prove?!
SetH

18th Aug 12 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like Adam's posts. Having met him in real life I can imagine him actually speaking when he posts stuff. I also know that said posts if spoken would be delivered in a calm and well spoken manner.
John

18th Aug 12 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
quote:
Originally posted by John

If they have track cars I'd say, yes.... 100% nugget

I dont take the Range Rover on track, I dont take the 911 on track (did 1 time, but only once)

Not sure what you were trying to prove?!

You are saying who still races at the lights, I'm saying a larger number than those who go on a track with any car.

Not really trying to prove anything. From reviews so far the car is obviously very good. Don't think anyone has disputed that. It's still underpowered though, compared to just about anything you want to compare it to.
pow
Premium Member

18th Aug 12 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant believe some people are buying cars to beat diesel audi's at the lights. The MX5 is slow as fookin a stright line but I've just been out in it and forgot what fun it is to drive!
John

18th Aug 12 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't buy it for that specific task, it would be good if it could achieve it though.
pow
Premium Member

18th Aug 12 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like to beat 1.4 Corsa's away from the lights in the Prius
AK

18th Aug 12 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...but it does so much more so much better

If you drive 4 miles an hour to work on a motorway or only in city centres and dont have an interest in having fun in a car buy an auto diesel audi/bmw whatever is quicker from 0-60.

I still dont get the trackcar comments. Nobody has said this car is a track car? People are saying it will get beaten off the lights by diesels.

0-60 isnt the be all and end all for defining a car
AK

18th Aug 12 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
I like Adam's posts. Having met him in real life I can imagine him actually speaking when he posts stuff. I also know that said posts if spoken would be delivered in a calm and well spoken manner.

Well spoken

People mistake my accent for canadian, irish, english, american, noggie and somtimes Scottish
Nismo

18th Aug 12 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yanks also believe its not about bhp

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/ford-reveals-one-off-850hp-shelby-mustang-2012-08-17

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New toyota 22 database queries in 0.0152631 seconds