corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scotland
cunningham

User status: Offline
9th Sep 14 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For me i just feel its the direction i want the country to go. At the end of the day a jobs just a job plenty more out there eh? lol
ShEp

9th Sep 14 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite a few narrow minded idiots in here....
Hammer

9th Sep 14 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The positivity and energy in this Country just now is fantastic. A fire has been lit under people that previously didn't give a fuck and it's happened because there is a prospect of genuine change.

English people should embrace it as well, this referendum has nothing to do with Scots v English people. We are voting to get rid of institutionalised elitists that don't give a fuck about anyone other than themselves hence the 3 Stooges 'rearranging their diary' and sticking a Saltire up when it's became apparent the vote is on a knife edge.
Hammer

9th Sep 14 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell
I feel really sorry for all the YES voters that must hate their lives so much that they need to change it to this degree. Me, I like my life so I'm voting No.

I feel really sorry for all the No voters that believe their country should be governed by a Parliament based in another Country with priorities centered on the City it resides in. So I'm voting Yes.
djgritt
Premium Member

9th Sep 14 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
We are voting to get rid of institutionalised elitists that don't give a fuck about anyone other than themselves

I'm completely indifferent to the Scottish Referendum now, but have to ask - do you really think Independence will make any difference to the above?

I'm pretty sure a number of Scottish MPs will be no less Elitist than those of the UK MPs.

Either way, the big guys are always going to shit on the little guys for their own benefit.
Hammer

9th Sep 14 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

House of unelected Lords - abolished. Fair and proper voting system which mirrors the will of the people - brought into play. Government we vote for democratically - brought into play. 3 things that will happen immediately.

If Scotland takes what it rightfully should hopefully English people will wake up to what they can achieve through people power.
Ben G

10th Sep 14 at 05:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People power you've been watching too much Braveheart.
Ben G

10th Sep 14 at 05:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't be surprised if bbc Scotland had put that on repeat to get people all hyped up.
Ojc

10th Sep 14 at 06:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a load of deluded bollocks, you will just be ruled by dumb area Scottish people rather than dumb arse English people.

I feel sorry for the no voters who have half a brain
John

10th Sep 14 at 06:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just saying on the news there that at some point its changed from a debate on the complete lack of facts to a debate on passion. In the year 2014 I don't think we should be making this sort of decision based on passion, probably one for the head rather than the heart.
Hammer

10th Sep 14 at 06:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
People power you've been watching too much Braveheart.

What relevance does Braveheart have to people power you spastic?

I'm not talking about painting my face and wearing a kilt, I'm talking about galvanising progressive movements throughout the country by showing what can be achieved when a group of people come together to change something they don't agree with.
Pop

10th Sep 14 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But are you changing things for the right reasons?

We know the UK will be worse off without Scotland, if for nothing else the upheaval of it all is going to cost both sides a lot of money.

There's is still very little tangible evidence from the Yes side to back anything up. There's a lot of if, bits and maybes. If the Yes vote wins it could be the best decision ever for Scotland, I just think that using a pound you have no control over and other issues like joining the EU could have a much larger effect than predicted.
Rob_Quads

10th Sep 14 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
We are voting to get rid of institutionalised elitists that don't give a fuck about anyone other than themselves hence the 3 Stooges 'rearranging their diary' and sticking a Saltire up when it's became apparent the vote is on a knife edge.

lol - You don't think that you will just end up with the same just with those people sitting in either Glasgow or Edinburgh where ever the main government will be? Or are all Scottish politicians in it for the good of the people unlike all the ones in westminster?
Ojc

10th Sep 14 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sammond reminds me of Goebbels.
Ojc

10th Sep 14 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And he was good at spinning a good yarn, this won't end up in a disaster as we the English will end up bailing you out if it all goes tits up.

What an absolute fucking mess we hVe here
Hammer

10th Sep 14 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop

We know the UK will be worse off without Scotland, if for nothing else the upheaval of it all is going to cost both sides a lot of money.

There's is still very little tangible evidence from the Yes side to back anything up. There's a lot of if, bits and maybes. If the Yes vote wins it could be the best decision ever for Scotland, I just think that using a pound you have no control over and other issues like joining the EU could have a much larger effect than predicted.

My reason is I want decisions about my country to be made in my country, if those aren't a legitimate set of reasons then what are?
Hammer

10th Sep 14 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
quote:
We are voting to get rid of institutionalised elitists that don't give a fuck about anyone other than themselves hence the 3 Stooges 'rearranging their diary' and sticking a Saltire up when it's became apparent the vote is on a knife edge.

lol - You don't think that you will just end up with the same just with those people sitting in either Glasgow or Edinburgh where ever the main government will be? Or are all Scottish politicians in it for the good of the people unlike all the ones in westminster?

lol - like I said we rid ourselves of the antiquated House of Lords and will have proportionally represented parties within the parliament WE choose not the rest of the UK.

There are more nuclear missiles in Scotland than Tory MP's yet we're governed by them.
Hammer

10th Sep 14 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Sammond reminds me of Goebbels.

Firstly it's Salmond, secondly his life's work is to deliver independence he is redundant if and when it happens then we can choose a government which represents Scottish people. No more bedroom tax, 7 oil fields being stolen the night before devolution or privatisation of the NHS.
Hammer

10th Sep 14 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
And he was good at spinning a good yarn, this won't end up in a disaster as we the English will end up bailing you out if it all goes tits up.

What an absolute fucking mess we hVe here

Considering we'd be a richer Country than England, I doubt it.

You are a member of the tabloid generation, facts from Daily Mirror headlines.
JonnyJ

10th Sep 14 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Just saying on the news there that at some point its changed from a debate on the complete lack of facts to a debate on passion. In the year 2014 I don't think we should be making this sort of decision based on passion, probably one for the head rather than the heart.

I take it you're a No then, John?

Finding the whole thing fascinating, a proper interesting time to be in Scotland. Everytime I've been at a house party or out with people the topic inevitably ends up being about the referendum and which way people are voting. Heard good arguments from both sides, it's really divided people.
Steve
Premium Member

10th Sep 14 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pop

My reason is I want decisions about my country to be made in my country, if those aren't a legitimate set of reasons then what are?

So you're prepared to take a huge gamble just so arseholes making decisions will be arseholes making decisions but 400 miles closer?
Hammer

10th Sep 14 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pop

So you're prepared to take a huge gamble just so arseholes making decisions will be arseholes making decisions but 400 miles closer?

'Gamble' is the rhetoric being used by Better Together, well it was before they started panicking a few days ago and rearranged their diaries and shoved a Saltire on Westminster.

Staying is a bigger gamble, we can't keep getting a Government we didn't vote for then expect them to have our interests at heart - they don't.
Ojc

10th Sep 14 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All these because of an inferiority complex of England

Sad really
djgritt
Premium Member

10th Sep 14 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wonder if this is more Scotland's way of sticking 2-Fingers to the Conservative/Coalition Government rather than exclusively being about Independence.

Would the same feelings have been present if Labour were elected for the UK Government (as they seemed to have a stronger voting backing in Scotland anyway)?
Hammer

10th Sep 14 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
All these because of an inferiority complex of England

Sad really

The irony in an English person suggesting that when it has fuck all to do with England isn't lost on me.

Hopefully Wales follows suit...

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland 22 database queries in 0.0153909 seconds