corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek thread sponsored by Giroud - The sexiest motherfucker in football

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Midweek thread sponsored by Giroud - The sexiest motherfucker in football
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Feb 14 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Szczesny has really improved since his spell out of action last year. Is he world class, probably yes. There are only a few better keepers in the prem at the moment. He would now give Hart a very good run for his money
His top corner save early on and his RVP save last week were both very very good saves.

The lad has come on leaps and bounds but there are only a handful of keepers that you would say are world class. He is not one of them. The opposite number last night is.
Although I would say in his defence that I think he simply misjudged the situation. Robben is supercharged lightening and I think Szcz didn't anticipate him getting there and getting a touch on it.

Edit: As for the Muller incident, I think Kos was extremely lucky. He had more than one nibble at his ankle as he cut back.

[Edited on 20-02-2014 by Eck]
Robbo

20th Feb 14 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think he simply didnt expect him to leap up and actually reach the ball, the way he wa sspreaidnh himself was as though to put him off. agreed that he isnt quite WC yet but he has having a stunnign season and is head and shoudlers above every other keeper in the league this season i was advocating (strongly!) bringing in cesar or begovic this summer but szcz has been on top top form since being dropped for the awya match last year
Eck
Premium Member

20th Feb 14 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would say he's head and shoulders above the rest he's done really well but others like Adrian have also performed very well.
Robbo

20th Feb 14 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would, true, but the stats dont lie
p

20th Feb 14 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:
Clattered?? Youre calling Ozils peno soft, yet you think a brief touching of the ankles requires a diving front flip forward somersault...? check the video from between the goal and the west stand corner flag, brief contact (enough for a peno and by the rules of the game, a red card) and robben goign about 10ft in the air grimacing like the cheatign mourinho taught cunt he is the contatc was on the ground, ankle to ankle btw... no one is doubting hes a top top forward, abs world class but hes also a massive cunt who dives and goes around as though hes been shot every time someone goes within 10m of him :\

Didnt see any such pen claim for muller? ozils was soft contact because he was all but stood still...

[Edited on 20-02-2014 by Robbo]

Absolutely clattered, sorry, Robbo, but you're wrong here.

The Robben incident and Ozil incident aren't exactly that comparable, though? Ozil went down incredibly easily. Robben got smashed by an outrunning goalkeeper, whilst having one leg right in the air, and thus only standing on one leg.

Ankle to ankle? Rather dubious on that?

Muller got taken down in the box, if Ozil got his one, Muller for sure should of had a penalty.
not seen anythign of the muller incident but will try and check it out. the footage SSN showed clearly shows brief contact around the feet/ankles from which robben should flop to the floor very quickly, however hes got one foot up (youre right) but uses it to pirouette almost, nonsensical. also szcz moves only a few yeards from goal, hardly an onrushing keeper

His one foot up was to control the ball? As he controls it with his foot/leg still up, the goalkeeper smashes in to his other leg/knee, obviously causing him to fall.

It may be a few yards but he isn't starting off on an afternoon stroll, obviously he's rushing out even if it is only a few yards.

You might disagree, and that's fair enough, but I really think you're wrong on this one.

Also, the red card/penalty cannot be argued with.

I hate SSN, whenever an incident happens in a match they're fucking all over it, always asking every random person/manager about it, then causing a huge debate just to get them even more publicity, and make a huge meal out of it.

This isn't the first incident in the world when a goalkeeper takes out a player, gets sent off, and gives a penalty away. It's the rules!!!

Yeah check the Muller one, certainly seen those given. Referee/linesman bottled it.

[Edited on 20-02-2014 by p]

[Edited on 20-02-2014 by p]
Eck
Premium Member

20th Feb 14 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'd argue that the two CB's in front of him have played a huge part as they have been excellent. But he does have good stats, but no more so than others.
Robbo

20th Feb 14 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more clean sheets than anyone else, and whilst the Cbs have been excellent hes been making saves of the same ilk as the kroos one week in week out
Rob_Quads

20th Feb 14 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p

His one foot up was to control the ball? As he controls it with his foot/leg still up, the goalkeeper smashes in to his other leg/knee, obviously causing him to fall.

Smashes sounds like he completely wiped him out. He moved probably around 2-3m - there is only so much speed you an get in that time and he contacted with Robbens standing leg (i.e. barely moving). Yes there was contact, yes it was a penalty but to say that he smashed into him is way more than it was.

They actually only brushed knees - there was virtually no contact. It was his trailing boot that caught his ankle - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjwBQZO3EC0

If that is smashing into someone I wonder how you describe some of the tackles when people are running full pelt at each other and go all in to win the ball but time it fractionally wrong.
Eck
Premium Member

20th Feb 14 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
more clean sheets than anyone else, and whilst the Cbs have been excellent hes been making saves of the same ilk as the kroos one week in week out

Clean sheets isn't the stat I would use to show a keepers talent, as that isnt just down to his ability. Shots/saves % is more apt, and I'm sure Mignolet is higher in that respect.
Cavey

20th Feb 14 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'd argue that Adrian has made far more saves than Szcz in the matches he's played. Does that make him better? Stats mean shit. Also, West Ham with more clean sheets than anyone else this season. Does that make their defence world class (or nearly world class)
mwg

21st Feb 14 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Annoys me when people say someone is a top top player. Paul Merson does it all the time. Top top top top top top top class. Just because someone says top more than once doesn't make any more true, more like you have a limited vocabulary
DC90

21st Feb 14 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
very poor keeper? youre referring to the best keeper in the prem this season, you realise this yes? also, whats he suppsoed to do, stand there and just let robben put it in the net

I love how you say best keeper in the prem this season like it's a fact, not an opinion
Robbo

21st Feb 14 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

becuase it is fact... stats prove it (been discussed numerous times by pundits and all come to the conclusion that, thsu far, hes the best keeper this season).
mwg

21st Feb 14 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like Rooneys got his new contract
JonnyJ

21st Feb 14 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
looks like Rooneys got his new contract

Had your pants down. Fair play to him, least he knows now if he fancies another £50,000 a week he just has to whore himself out to Chelsea again.
mwg

21st Feb 14 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well and truly had our pants down tbh. How he ended up on 250k a week in the first place is a piss take never mind 300k
Marc

21st Feb 14 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to sound silly, but if the team was where it was last season I wouldn't be too fussed! But as we are where the likes of Newcastle, Everton and Liverpool should be I think its a bit of a piss take. Hopefully in the summer we will bring in a few top signings on £300k a week to help us get back in to the CL.
p

21st Feb 14 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Wayne Rooney was Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, I'd understand. But Rooney isn't worthy of a mention with those two.

Dear me, just shocking. The way he's acted previously as well down the years. If I was United I would of sold the cunt.
p

21st Feb 14 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pellegrini charged by UEFA. His grovelling today was clearly only going to be futile.
Steve
Premium Member

21st Feb 14 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally don't have an issue. He's a decent player and worth keeping. Everyone always sounds shocked at things like this but unless you are in charge of Uniteds budget or unless it's coming out your pocket, why do the figures bother you at all. Besides there are far grosser amounts of money being spent by other teams in the league.

The general consensus on talksport was a good move too.

[Edited on 21-02-2014 by Steve]
chrisritch

21st Feb 14 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He isn't even worth half of that. I don't even think he could be classed as world class!
Steve
Premium Member

21st Feb 14 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's massive for United though. A global icon, the face of united. He's worth a fortune in just advertising alone.
Cavey

21st Feb 14 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're not in the CL then you have to pay to keep players who should be in it.
Russ

21st Feb 14 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good deal imo

sells enough shirts to pay it off
if they sell him, can command a higher price
JonnyJ

21st Feb 14 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I personally don't have an issue. He's a decent player and worth keeping. Everyone always sounds shocked at things like this but unless you are in charge of Uniteds budget or unless it's coming out your pocket, why do the figures bother you at all. Besides there are far grosser amounts of money being spent by other teams in the league.

The general consensus on talksport was a good move too.

[Edited on 21-02-2014 by Steve]

Its not the money, its the message it sends out and shows what state United are in right now. Back in the day, if Fergie saw someone who thought they were bigger than the club, he'd get rid, he wouldnt let them rule the roost. He wasnt afraid to let big players go (Beckham) if he thought they were getting too big for their boots. Now though its different, players have the power, Man Utd arent going to get in the CL this season so its all panic stations trying to keep hold of big players. Rooney was smart, he wanted more money, used Chelsea as a threat and now hes landed a massive deal, he has the club bent over a barrel and he knows it.

<<  9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek thread sponsored by Giroud - The sexiest motherfucker in football 23 database queries in 0.0215161 seconds