corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted

New Poll
  <<  117    118    119    120    121    122    123  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted
3i_gaz

User status: Offline
14th Jul 12 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell!
bigron1988

14th Jul 12 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz
Fucking hell!

come and take it away lad and brake it for me
TimC909

14th Jul 12 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow, how much more of this shit can you take?

Id have broke it for parts and bought an Evo or something. Saying that, whats to say this wouldnt happen to another car.

Gutted for you dude.
Nic Barnes

14th Jul 12 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
I'd guess at rivets in pressure plate have failed. Rest is aftermath.

also though that , any idea on what page in ur build thread you fitted the bolts
No idea tbh was few years ago now. Them rivets are soft as shite. Too much torque for the clutch, sheer them off. IMHO then the rest happened rather than flywheel bolts going but thats just my guess. I've sheered them off twice just didn't get the destruction.
bigron1988

14th Jul 12 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TimC909
Wow, how much more of this shit can you take?

this might be enough
jrdn7

14th Jul 12 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate don't pack it in, fix it, put it in the corner for a while then go back to it.

But jesus christ it looks like someone put a small bomb in the casing!
bigron1988

14th Jul 12 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrdn7
Mate don't pack it in, fix it, put it in the corner for a while then go back to it.

going to cost £1000 ish to fix it , spent over that last week on the turbo it just dosent seam to end , i would be happy if i did get use out of it but i dont as its always broke
3i_gaz

14th Jul 12 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This a cunt that mate!! Massive massive cunt. Get it sorted for TOTB though and go get some good times down.
bigron1988

14th Jul 12 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz
This a cunt that mate!! Massive massive cunt. Get it sorted for TOTB though and go get some good times down.

it will of prob brake before then again , if i feel like this tomorow still its getting broken
3i_gaz

14th Jul 12 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pointless exercise breaking the car may as well sell the 35 get it on a smaller turbo and have it a bit more reliable 350 horse or so.
Jamie-C

15th Jul 12 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would be gutted to see this end in pieces, so much time and money gone into for it just to break it up but its understandable why your feeling that way . Proper feel gutted for you mate.

Hopefully things don't look so bad in the morning.
jrdn7

15th Jul 12 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jrdn7

going to cost £1000 ish to fix it , spent over that last week on the turbo it just dosent seam to end , i would be happy if i did get use out of it but i dont as its always broke

Even so mate, it costs nothing (or at least very little) to store it in the corner for a while until you've cleared your head about it.

Would it be possible to run it with a boost controller, so you can use it at maybe 350-400bhp on the road, then go to 600bhp on track?
kyleclub11

15th Jul 12 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear mate
Generation

15th Jul 12 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just have a serious think about it.

Pointless listening to people you don't know that just say "fix fix" they just want to see a mental car but don't want to pay out for themselves
corsadonk
Premium Member

15th Jul 12 at 08:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell dude, how can someone be so unlucky?

I know how you feel, it's always one thing after another. All I can say is either fix it, and turn the wick down, or break it and do like Tim said get an Evo. But then again you'll only be tuning that to destruction.

At least it didn't happen on the drag strip.
taylorboosh

15th Jul 12 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wait till the faulty head gasket goes too...

All seriousness im gutted for you
BeArDy

15th Jul 12 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the matter of chasing high numbers.
Send the GTX35 back, get a GTX30 and run 500'ish all day long.
What it seams to be is once around and over the 600 mark things brake ALOT, take specky did 3 runs and blow a complete engine.
Theres a lad now who has made 512bhp as gatepressure so hes looking at big numbers, be interestng to see what he makes and weather it lasts.
I was always told this by the SA boys, which is the reason why i only want 400-450bhp because it will last a good few miles.
way up weather you can keep going like this, an engine will always find its weakest point.

Whats the next weakest point of the engine? standard crank for over 600bhp?
Would be a shame to brake it mate but only you can tell weather you can carry on.

Like someone said get an Evo etc, you can be in the top 5 most powerful UK C20LETs and be out with the top class of the vauxhall scene which is your hobby etc or just be a normal 500bhp evo owner as your the same as everyone else. Fit in or stand out?

[Edited on 15-07-2012 by BeArDy]

[Edited on 15-07-2012 by BeArDy]
mark2009

15th Jul 12 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffo going to be more carefull next time i put my head under the bonnet of your car ben
bigron1988

15th Jul 12 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
Just wait till the faulty head gasket goes too...

All seriousness im gutted for you

It's defo not the hg as I've put 4 bar of air into the cylinder from my air compressor and there were no bubbles in the water , if it's anything it will be a piston ring
TimC909

15th Jul 12 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beardy I agree with some points you have made and others I dont.
600bhp+ is going to break alot in a C20LET and be only really suitable for drag strip.
600bhp in a forged Evo built with the right parts (argueably Ben hasnt used the incorect parts) will be a reliable 10 second drag car, but also very useable on the road and on track if he so chooses. Ok its not quite as exclusive, but I would rather be out using a slightly more common car then constantly fixing a slightly more exclusive one.
TimC909

15th Jul 12 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus, if he was to break alot of what he has here could easily be used as supporting mods on an Evo or the likes. Turbo and wastegate, fuel lines, pumps, fittings, dash and elecronics etc etc
Eck
Premium Member

15th Jul 12 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Just have a serious think about it.

Pointless listening to people you don't know that just say "fix fix" they just want to see a mental car but don't want to pay out for themselves

This. It's easy to say fix it when you're on the other side of a keyboard not handing out well into four figures every time you try and turn the key.
Jed D

15th Jul 12 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
bad crack ben, what flywheel is that?

lightened and ballenced billet one

sweet, how would you rate TTV?
BeArDy

15th Jul 12 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tim i think you have miss read what i am on about, 600bhp C20LET engines brake alot BUT i agree Evo, Skyline etc do not thats the point i am getting across.
I also never said a 600bhp evo could not be used for road.

Its comes down to a few added factors -
If the car is a hobby then part of it is fixing, developing it, costing etc a reliable car maybe not what its about to ben? whats he going to do on his weekend other than go to his unit look at the reliable car think "nothing to do" go home until next week until i can take it out or like i say its more about starting from a 12second 1/4 and keep working to get it down?
Also how good do you feel inside when you show upto an vauxhall event and your centre of attention? or turn up in your evo blend in, do some runs and go home?

loads of factors when building car, prime example Rick Draper - he enjoys building them and then selling them.

As with everything its down to everyone taste.
Nic Barnes

15th Jul 12 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing with them helix clutches is they're maybe rated to 400-450nm of torque not lb/ft.

<<  117    118    119    120    121    122    123  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted 23 database queries in 0.0402541 seconds