corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Dan's Star Silver C20XE SXi *Billing update and pics*

New Poll
  <<  124    125    126    127    128    129    130  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dan's Star Silver C20XE SXi *Billing update and pics*
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Apr 12 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just went and asked for "cav mk2 1.6 inner cv's" and they fitted up fine. It sounds like somethings not quite in place properly

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daz - Earlier when i took the small shaft out i took the cv off and tried fitting the shaft back in and could see that the joint was too big for the shaft. It was just spinning.

Camber bolts are all way in aswell. I'm not daft dude.

Flaffy - I'm using 1.6 shafts as they fit perfect in my corsa hubs. Like i said before i'll take the big shaft out saturday night after work and see how the joint fits on the shaft. I've just been out and span the wheel and the whole lot is spinning. But if they are slighty bigger joints then the shafts will still rotate a little surely? But not good enough to move the car? If you know what i mean.

I just wish me dad would have let me and Ash do it as i haven't a clue what's not been done right Thing is with my dad he has no patience,probs same with all your dads but if it's not right first time it becomes a even bigger job and goes off on one. That's why he's had no say in me and Ash doing the conversion. First thing he touches and somet goes wrong. Wish he would stick with mending Nissans.

I'll let you all know anyways tomoz night sometime. Thanks for the help again,appreciate it.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
shaunmods
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
Thing is with my dad he has no patience,probs same with all your dads but if it's not right first time it becomes a even bigger job and goes off on one. That's why he's had no say in me and Ash doing the conversion. First thing he touches and somet goes wrong. Wish he would stick with mending Nissans.

LMAO My dad is exactly the same dude! The tiniest thing that goes wrong on my car and it sends him wild lol. The latest problems have nearly pushed him over the edge
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does me heading mate. It's not funny.

Honest though,this with shafts,that with wheel not looking right... Once he starts it gets me thinking and worrying more. It's alot easier working with Ash...

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 00:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer man if its even slightly too big itl just spin the shafts and wreck the cv or shafts when you put power in them. Sounds to me like hes just pushed the shafts in without fitting the inner cv circlip for the shafts to lock in. Either that or he has and just hasnt pushed the shafts in far enough. Could be a easy as pie fix mate . Heres hopeing anyways
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars pissing me off bif time!!!

Doing my heading with these shafts!!!! Pulled the driver side shaft out today and bearings come out of the cv joint so now i can't get inner out of box and when i do they'll be damaged so gotta buy some more cvs so can't be arse no more! Probs won't even run tomoz either!!!

WANK CORSAS!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone wanna buy it and finish it? Cba atm.

[Edited on 14-04-2012 by DansCorsaSXi]

Jed D

7th Apr 12 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get another coffee with two sugars dan and get your chin up!!

...and i dont want to see any 'il buy the...' comments from people
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy it for me!

belton

7th Apr 12 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its an engine conversion mate its nothing more than teething problems

and imagine that feeling once you sort it, no better feeling and you know it!!
vx-scottw
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont give up dude you have put soo meany hours into this its just minor set back
sharpy28

7th Apr 12 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome to the world of home engine conversions! Struggle on and you will get there in the end
bigron1988

7th Apr 12 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
Cars pissing me off bif time!!!

Doing my heading with these shafts!!!! Pulled the driver side shaft out today and bearings come out of the cv joint so now i can't get inner out of box and when i do they'll be damaged so gotta buy some more cvs so can't be arse no more! Probs won't even run tomoz either!!!

WANK CORSAS!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone wanna buy a unfinished project? Want a better newer car.

you have itt easy mate , my problems on my corsa will prob cost me over £1000 this time to sort out, just think of that when you get pissed of
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah bloody hell, we've all been there Dan.
2 engines, 3 hubs, CV's and bearings later mine still isn't on the road dread to think how much £££ it's cost me. Just takes time and a bit of patience you'll get there in the end

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Darryl H
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No point packing in now mate you're so close now! I felt the same when mine went balls up but just power through! You'll realise it's all worth it every time you take it out! I still get a fat grin on my face giving mine a go!

You'll get there eventually mate nothing ever goes right first time or is straight forward! Like Ron said you could be in his position!

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still pissed off...

Ben's situation with his Corsa does make me feel abit better. Thx.

It's just nothing goes right for me,i just don't want to be paying for more bits that i've already paid for.

If the engine starts tomoz i'll think about not falling out with it and scrapping it!

vx-scottw
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get scrapping out of your mind
kyleclub11

7th Apr 12 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chin up pal there will be light at the end of the tunnel !! Wait till your driving to PVS in it
Jamie-C

7th Apr 12 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

, small problems like that and you want rid of it, after all the effort you've put it into it's a bit stupid getting rid now!

You make it sound as if its fucked, its only a CV joint.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the bareing have fallen out the inner cv then it was fooked originaly. Get yourself a new inner and make sure you fit it yourself with the correct circlip inside, snap clip on the outside. Greeced up properly and everything. Pj16n is the one. Checked my receipts before

I went through 8 different cv joints before i found these ones buddy i know how much agro it causes.
I had the same post on my project about 3 weeks ago.
Now ive got it running and taken it for a drive i fully fully fully will never be getting rid of it haha. Plenty of smiles per hour mate. Its worth it in the end

If you were abit closer id pop down and lend a hand aswell man
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scott - I wonder how much scrap man would give me?

Kyle - Probs won't drive Kyle,it'll be getting towed.

Jamie - I might be over exaggerating abit lol,just don't know what to do now as the cvs i've got atm are the Pj16ns. :/

Flaffy - I don't understand why it would be fooked. It was brand new and i don't understand how it's been pulled out so easily,i was only trying to pull shaft out of box.

I'm sure it'll be worth it mate but it's doing me heading atm. The cvs i've got atm are the PJ16Ns so don't know what i need. The shafts are deffo corsa ones as i've counted the splines. Also don't understand why the drivers side was a nice snug fit and sat right but the passenger side was too big of a joint and stuck out. It's all double dutch to me now.

Don't know what cvs to get now. That's £80 down the shitter.

Darryl H
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take them back and say they were fucked and it hasn't been anywhere see if they'll give you a refund of some sort or if they're in some sort of guaruntee?

Really not worth jacking it in mate. I heard mine run then fuck it's self on the valves meaning I had to strip it all back down after building it all up! IMO you're not in a too bad position seeing as it's only the CV's that need sorting

And think of all the times bigron took his out after the oil pumps? It could be worse!

bigron1988

7th Apr 12 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oil pump dying cost me £1500ish
block needing skimmed and all work then cost £1500ish and now this lot will be £1500ish , so that £4500 just in repairs for me
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daz - Not sure if they'll take 'em back mate, i know the man who owns the shop,known me dad years. See what he says.

I would have been better off just buying some that had already been built up so i could have just fitted them straight away with no problems.

Ben - That does make me feel better Poor sod.

Darryl H
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's worth a shot mate, honestly not worth doing anything stupid after coming this far

shaunmods
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chin up Dan mate Just gotta look on the bright side. Things could always be worse

If you and your dad know the chap who sold you the shafts im sure he'll be keen to help you bud. its got to be something simple thats being overlooked. You'll get there in the end!

Like I said on the phone the other night you will get these teething problems dude Just gotta work your way through them. Mine has been a pain in the tits from day 1 lol but it will be 100% worth it when you get it back out on the road, still plenty of time before pvs!

Has Ash had a look at them for you?

[Edited on 07-04-2012 by shaunmods]

<<  124    125    126    127    128    129    130  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Dan's Star Silver C20XE SXi *Billing update and pics* 24 database queries in 0.0515060 seconds