corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My budget track car *** now for sale**

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My budget track car *** now for sale**
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Jul 12 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking forward to seeing it back, plans sound spot on!

See you at the RWYB Steve

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
SteveoBC
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
Looking forward to seeing it back, plans sound spot on!

See you at the RWYB Steve

thats the plan mate

really looking forward to a CS shoot out, should be great fun
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah hopefully the weather holds out

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
SteveoBC
Premium Member

29th Jul 12 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nicked works truck yesterday and took a road trip to Warrens

Can't wait to get back soon
SteveoBC
Premium Member

6th Aug 12 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the car back Saturday

finished work at 1, dropped my works car at home, grabbed Dad and his trusty BMW 320d touring and headed off to Warrens (plus needed the touring to hoof all the spare bits back to mine with lol)

couple of hours road trip later arrived at warrens, he looked as happy to get rid of it as i was to pick it up as he had a family bbq going on when i turned up and they were surrounded by corsas in his garden

final list of stuff done;

new clutch
F20 box swapped for a better spare
wiring tidied up and connections checked
short shifter repaired and new bushes and greased
ecu properly secured
oil pressure gauge wired up
earth strap refitted
new Corsa VXR calipers and pads
new Meriva VXR discs (these JUST fit behind cav slabs)
oil change
gearbox oil change
flat type flywheel fitted with arp bolts

and my fave new mod brand new mocal oil cooler supplied and fitted

did have a little issue as Warren thought the gearbox was leaking before i came to pick it up (turned out a grommit hadnt been swapped over) lol always the simplest things

looks like i made a good call on replacing the clutch,i thought it was slipping and i was right, havent got a pic but the old one was fucked lol (probs becuase of me though but nevermind)

awesome work by Warren as always, need a vauxhall sorted? this guy is the one to talk to.

didnt get a chance to get pics as i was busy this weekend, managed to get a couple of vids on the way home though

had soooooo much fun driving home and didnt miss a beat, drove awesome,stops great, forgotten how much i missed my track rocket

next stop......CS meet at Santapod on the 19th then onto my local venue at Silverstone a few weeks later for Trax, cant wait

still need to get a single o2 sensor to get rid of the engine warning light and warren couldnt source a sender for the oil temp gauge but these can be dealt with another time

next on the list
- Get a new exhaust system sorted, current setup is far too close to the ground after being lowered, been speaking to powerflow and longlife but unsure which one to go for

(will poss need some new front tyres soon at some point)

-rear arb needed to counter the lift oversteer i experienced at combe on its last outing, but will see if the new rear lowering makes it any better

-rollcage

after this will be pretty happy with it, from then on, engine tweeks here and there i suppose

watch this space
SteveoBC
Premium Member

18th Aug 12 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All ready for RWYB finally got around to fitting me badge less grill i got from PVS

Quite pleased with how it looks, also got a quick snap of the new mocal cooler fitted at warrens

Forgot to get pics after I cleaned it though lol
SteveoBC
Premium Member

4th Sep 12 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just ordered a set of 4 x Yokohama AD08's for the track car

Supplied and fitted at my house (which is super handy as im not at home this week at all) so nice man in a van is on his way Thursday afternoon to fit em while the car is on the drive so i dont have to arse about with em and this way car will be all ready for Combe this weekend

from the reviews these should be miles better than the crap freebie tyres the Corsa has had on for the last few years, can wait to test em out with the Gaz struts that havent been on long, as the firestones at silverstone was shit lol

SteveoBC
Premium Member

6th Sep 12 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

helloooo new avatar photo lol
SteveoBC
Premium Member

7th Sep 12 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

phew that was a close one, got in round mum and dads where my car is to check out the new tyres, they look great, thought id go get some fuel and also give em a quick test

scccccccccrrrrrrrrch!.........oh fuck! what now?!

scrubbing noise really bad from the back, im thinking "oh shit, they are scrubbing on the coilovers or worse the arch housing

within half an hour managed to figure out the screw threads for the arch spats are catching and this is vibrating through the quarter panels making a massive racket

suppose they can be filed right down but as time was a factor, removed the 3 centre ones on each side, wheels back on and........bingo! no more noise, nice and quiet (thank fuck)

then trundled off to the bp for some unleaded and went out for a blast

first impressions are great, sticks loads and you can feel it now, understeer has been massively reduced and goes round corners and roundabouts much more easily even when its chucked in

and also much more stable at high speed, so thats the initial road test done, lets see how it does round combe now in the morning

since last time the car has had the followin changes;
-new lower gaz coilovers and lower at the back
-new corsa vxr calipers and meriva vxr discs
-new yokohama ad08 tyres all round

looking forward to seeing the difference, watch this space
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

8th Sep 12 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How'd ya get on Steve? No problems hopefully? Weather good?

Pic from Trax.

[Edited on 08-09-2012 by DansCorsaSXi]

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
SteveoBC
Premium Member

10th Sep 12 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi everyone, here's my bit of feedback from last weekends action at Castle Combe. First of all, weather was brilliant, couldnt have asked for a better day weather wise, it was sunny but not roasting hot.

Set off on Saturday morning around 7.20ish, took it steady most of the way down, solved the tyre rubbing issue from the night before and got to see what the AD08's are like day to day driving, comfort wise, even though they had a stronger steel belt in the side wall it didnt feel too much different ride-wise but my ride is always harsh

Noise level, again if im being picky they do perhaps have a little more then before but again, im usually on the loud pedal anyway so didnt take much notice, will say a bit noisy past 80 if im honest

Arrived at combe still a little tired around 8.35 que was long as fuck but got in an met up with the guys, sound tested, briefed and grabbed a bacon buttie and waited for the first session

Got out on track and what a difference from last time, grip is obviously improved, reduced wheel spin, could get on the power earlier, still a little bit of slip, but this is expected as they are road tyres after all but easily manageable, just really need a diff now. Did grain and fall off a little but compared to my old shit tyres these were awesome and did the job well and no random lift off over steer anymore like last time, so if you cant afford Yokohama A048's or Toyo R888's would defo recommend Yoko AD08's as the next best thing

Brakes were spot on although now need to look into airducting as they did get a bit hot, didnt fade but boiled alot of brake fluid throughout the day. (may be due to cav slabs design not letting enough air in there

car felt fast all day, was able to outbrake and out corner most cars, coilovers played a big part here and its setup just how i want it, highlight was being able to see the car go into tripod mode and go round quarry corner on 3 wheels (see the below vid) only downer was when i was up against turbo cars just didnt have the legs on the straights, either they would pull away or i just sat alongside em then be back up on their bumper in the corners lol

so overall very happy with the performance and were the car is at now and cooling issues from before are a thing of the past, plus got alot of positive comments even from random spectators telling me how fast it looked

so gutted i didnt get my second session on film (thanks to my dad calling 30secs in and cancelling the recording on my iphone ) which is a real shame as i had one of the best battles ever with a track prepped mk 3 fiesta who couldnt get away from me, best fun iv had with the car out on track and big thanks and a hi to everyone who was there

more changes soon but for now need to save again as i am now skint

VIDS BELOW;
Here's my vid of the first session at 11, brief footage of Stu in there aswell (will change to a HD vid when its uploaded)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA0qN_pzbRc&list=UUn2_IH-4gbJmUwaN-QidYiw&index=1&feature=plcp

Plus if you play this aswell at the right time you have a view from the mitsubishi colt i overtook halfway round of me chasing the astra coupe (astra driver looked so disappointed when he found out it was a near enough standard XE and he couldnt shake me off )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aP0S__8m1w

im sure pics will follow, just need Daveskater to pull his finger out lol

[Edited on 10-09-2012 by SteveoBC]
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

10th Sep 12 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great video that Steve,going past everyone haha. I wanted you to get past that coupe so bad!

Any problems with car etc?

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Joey 1.6 sport

10th Sep 12 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pucker thread Stevo cars looking spot on keep up the good work looks and go well on track yeah mate of mine had same problem with brakes overheating and he was running slabs he decided to get rid of them in favour of some comps and has been fine since or you could try airducts
*CorsaCal*

10th Sep 12 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol i just played the top vid and left it on cuz it plays Pod and others after. All good vids matey! hopefully ill be giving u a run for ur money next year in my XE
kyleclub11

10th Sep 12 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate seen this at trax looks good mate and you did alright on the track ya passed a few cars out

Ya got any plans for the car at the min ??
SteveoBC
Premium Member

10th Sep 12 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
Great video that Steve,going past everyone haha. I wanted you to get past that coupe so bad!

lol you and me both, just couldnt out drag him on the straights, but i did well enough considering i didnt have a turbo, when it came to the corners i had him on toast haha

no real problems for once, just the brake cooling issue, and noticed my alternator belt is rubbing on the cambelt cover aswell, so best get that adjusted quick, apart form that didnt miss a beat

quote:
Originally posted by Joey 1.6 sport
Pucker thread Stevo cars looking spot on keep up the good work looks and go well on track yeah mate of mine had same problem with brakes overheating and he was running slabs he decided to get rid of them in favour of some comps and has been fine since or you could try airducts

cheers Joe, i thought as much that this may be the cause, i got the thought from grahams m3 thread the other day and put 2an2 together that maybe my brakes are getting hot due to lack of air, cant afford another set of wheels by a long way so it will have to be airducts for the moment, would like to get some gloss black multispoke wheels soon like a nice set of team dynamics pro races or something (funds pending obviously)

quote:
Originally posted by *CorsaCal*
Lol i just played the top vid and left it on cuz it plays Pod and others after. All good vids matey! hopefully ill be giving u a run for ur money next year in my XE

more than welcome to try Cal, me and bumblebee will be waiting (so long as you dont spin off first )

quote:
Originally posted by kyleclub11
Hi mate seen this at trax looks good mate and you did alright on the track ya passed a few cars out

Ya got any plans for the car at the min ??

cheers Kyle, no immediate plans as i say im skint now, think as its coming up to autumn/winter might be time to put the car away for a while and save up but still take it out for blats at the weekend around milton keynes and banbury, really want and need a roll cage more than anything (but spunked near enough all my cage savings on tyres) once thats in, rear anti roll bar, poss diff set of wheels to help keep brakes cool then start looking at getting more power somehow, but again see how money goes
SteveoBC
Premium Member

11th Sep 12 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pictures nicked from combe thread

sbd16v

12th Sep 12 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi

lol you and me both, just couldnt out drag him on the straights, but i did well enough considering i didnt have a turbo, when it came to the corners i had him on toast haha

thats the downside of the coupe only having 250bhp and weighing as much as a boat lol

ill make sure i dont hold you up at the spring actionday
Jord012

14th Sep 12 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw this at trax looks ace mate keep it up (Y)
SteveoBC
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

combe highlight vid nicked from general chat, great shot of mine about 1.20secs in, love it
http://vimeo.com/50122974
SteveoBC
Premium Member

18th Nov 12 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New seats for next years track season!!

Absolute bargain from Gumtree £100 for the pair and a pair of sabelt harnesses! They were in a golf GTi for 5months then the guy sold the car to start a family and these have been wrapped in near enough perfect condition for 4 years and they were moving house, called on Friday met them today and changed money on the spot (guy even hoovered em for me bless him)

Well pleased with em' spesh as the harnesses are yellow, perfect, nice couple selling them, honestly couldn't believe they went so cheap, this is a perfect example why Gumtree IMO is getting miles better than eBay - no fucking about lol

Can't wait to get em fitted

*CorsaCal*

18th Nov 12 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bargain!!! Look good bud. Everyone will want a passenger ride now. Lol.
M Sutton

18th Nov 12 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice seats for a bargain price!!
NathanR

18th Nov 12 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice steve
SteveoBC
Premium Member

18th Nov 12 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *CorsaCal*
Bargain!!! Look good bud. Everyone will want a passenger ride now. Lol.

I'm up for that, will be good to get people's reactions when I'm tear arsing round track

<<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My budget track car *** now for sale** 24 database queries in 0.0259719 seconds