corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Puma Track Ragga

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Puma Track Ragga
Leighton

User status: Offline
14th Aug 09 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lets go tomorrow and find out think its %15 but not sure
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
14th Aug 09 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So still bloody ridiculous for what they are. I'm annoyed with it tbh. ST conversion is supposed to be bolt on but the refurb places don't refurb those bits so you're supposed to use your old ones. But mine are too small

If I can find them in a scrappy - unlikely - I'll probably have to buy the entire caliper which means I've no requirement for the new ones
Leighton

14th Aug 09 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not good is the plan to keep it standard for the min?
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Aug 09 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No the calipers are exchange so my old ones have gone to be refurbed.

I've also taken the discs and pads back.

The other option would be to take them off the green one, hope they're not seized, buy the discs and pads again and fit all that, then try and sell the ST stuff.

Or complete the ST conversion by buying sliders, discs and pads and have 280mm discs instead of 240.

Just need to locate cheap sliders, probably second hand off another car. I'm hopeful that there's choice out there but I've no Ford EPC to see what is comparable.

Discs are cheap in Fords, could buy them tomorrow.

Pads I'll find something soft, perhaps DS2500 on Robins recommendation.

Got 25ft of copper cable and the connectors, T pieces and flexis are on order for arrival Monday.

So end of next week it'll have an entirely new system, aside from the underbonnet stuff which I've no reason to doubt is fine. And if we can find the other stuff cheap, it'll be upgraded as well.

Could have it tomorrow, it's just expensive and I don't want to spend more on two bits of metal that I did on the rest of the car.

[Edited on 14-08-2009 by Ian]
Leighton

14th Aug 09 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well we can go to fords tomorow and see what discount we can get
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Aug 09 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might check he wasn't pricing the entire caliper as well.
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Aug 09 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brakes don't fit.

Exhaust bolts are seized and I ruined a number of drill bits trying to drill them out.

Boot popper wiring is in bits after some investigative alterations.

I don't like cars today.

DannyB
Premium Member

15th Aug 09 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good old cars, which bolts, manifold to centre section?
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Aug 09 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah manifold to centre, had to grind them off because there was no head on the bolt whatsoever, which left me with some stumpy half bolt things which I've since ground away. Then this needed drilling out in preparation for a new nut and bolt for the new centre section.

Just been and bought some drill bits and I've had some leads on the carrier problem, namely someone looking to see if they have any lying around in their workshop and someone able to get staff discount on from a dealer.

So its not all bad, just slowed my progress somewhat!

Might get all the old brake lines off tonight so I can at least say I've done something this weekend
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Aug 09 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Things like that are what gets you fed up though, lying under a car for a hour grinding away. I had problems with my tosion bars, gave up in the end and paid someone to do it
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Aug 09 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I officially hated it this afternoon. Feel slightly better now!
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Aug 09 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All be worth it in the end, whats left to do? have you decided on vinyl colours?
Twiggy

16th Aug 09 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Leighton
Looking good now
see what we can do tomorrow after dropping off the fridge

Ill give you £1 for the green one and £50 for the new second hand clutch

Ill give you £2 for the green one and £50 for the new second hand clutch

Liam B

16th Aug 09 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This looks like its going to be fun! Always liked the look of the puma/cougar. Mate of mine has a Puma Racing engine in his fiesta, sounds real nice
Graham88

17th Aug 09 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Do you have any recommendations? Got Mintex smaller ones to go back, was just going to swap those for bigger ones.

What Robin said, I'm gonna go for DS2500's I reckon, when it comes to it.
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Aug 09 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just spoken to Hi Spec who will do a 285mm kit with a Billet 4 caliper, Mintex 1144 or 1155 pads, 531 english pounds.

I've a feeling I'm eventually going to buy it anyway, not sure whether to do it first as last
Ojc

17th Aug 09 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brakes make the biggest difference after tyres so spend the cash blud.
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Aug 09 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what he said.
jr

17th Aug 09 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Just spoken to Hi Spec who will do a 285mm kit with a Billet 4 caliper, Mintex 1144 or 1155 pads, 531 english pounds.

I've a feeling I'm eventually going to buy it anyway, not sure whether to do it first as last

Hi Spec are a few miles from me if you wanted it picking up etc
Robin
Premium Member

18th Aug 09 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had HiSpecs on my Fiesta, that kit in fact. I know I had a few more horses than the Puma, but I found them to be absolutely shocking.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Aug 09 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just come off the phone to them, if he can do them in time I was going to get those instead of messing about with standard Ford parts that cost the same anyway.

Define 'shocking'
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Aug 09 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the text Ian?

Was suprised at how much they came in at before we even added money for profit!
Robin
Premium Member

18th Aug 09 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, I was never really sure if I had 4 pots or standard single piston sliding calipers, there was no additional bite.

I dunno, it could just have been that they weren't big enough for the power, but they just never felt any good, I was always wary about braking from speed.

I think it could be down to the fact the master cylinder isn't on the same side of the car as the pedal, which is going to be an issue for you too.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Aug 09 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What pads were you running?
Robin
Premium Member

18th Aug 09 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Greenstuff I think, but I'm 90% sure that wasn't the problem.

<<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Puma Track Ragga 23 database queries in 0.0196700 seconds