corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » E46 M3

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author E46 M3
Graham88

User status: Offline
5th Mar 12 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doorcards are going back on
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Mar 12 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok
Steve
Premium Member

5th Mar 12 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome, only a matter of time before this becaomes a fully fledged track car tbh i dont care what graham says
Graham88

5th Mar 12 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if I had more money I'd love too, however I just think the cars too valuable for that. A guy got one down to 1250kgs with full cage that does 54 second laps, seriously impressive!
Ben G

5th Mar 12 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lovely finish on that. would be a shame to rip all the dash out though if you went down the track car route.
Graham88

5th Mar 12 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't go down that route tbh I still like this car for a 'nice' car to drive about in on the road. If I had a car purely for track it wouldn't be road legal and I'd trailer it
Graham88

5th Mar 12 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just ordered one of these as I'm going to run 5 points for myself, sod the passenger

[Edited on 07-03-2012 by Graham88]
Graham88

8th Mar 12 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Harness points in, still got to be tidied up, welded & protected underneath but at least they are in place.

Ben G

8th Mar 12 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you cut the carpet?
Graham88

9th Mar 12 at 03:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will do when I put it back in. Just so the eyebolts poke through. Should look quite neat once done I think.

Also got some OEM 18's for track use, going to sell the road tyres that are on them which will probably pay for the wheels! Getting AD08's put on them. I wish I could keep the 19's on for track too but I'd be paying £300 extra on tyres just to have 19's, not worth it IMO

Wheel weight clearance is an issue as they foul the caliper as they are at the moment...
Graham88

16th Mar 12 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot to post about this which happened a while ago, after a little blast, I let off to let the car slow down, next time I pressed the throttle the noise was unreal!! Thought the exhaust had fallen off, fortunately it just snapped cleanly on a weld, obviously been going for a while. I was warned about this on Miltek exhausts.

So that had to be removed & welded

Been busy sorting all the harness plates that are bolted under the car, protecting them from the elements. Last thing I want is rust a few months down the line! As you can see from the picture I can't see that happening

Been stone chipped now so nicely protected, glad I've done it the 'proper' way now. It took longer & cost more than just welding the plate in the car but it looks neater in the car.

I got the cage back from the powdercoaters over a week ago now, but when I unwrapped it out of the bubble wrap a few days later to put in the car I found it had all cracked under the laquer, which was a shame as it looks awesome. The colour is Graphite Grey & it's got a very metallic effect to it in sunshine.

You can see the cracks here:

They took it back and said it had happened with this colour before so just waiting for it to be re-done now, a bit of a pain!

Exhaust & heatshield was removed to give access to 2 of the harness points, me being me had to give it a polish whilst it's out

There was evidence of a very slow leak coming from the prop seal in the diff too, a job I've been meaning to get round too or get someone to do, as the exhaust was off anyway it was pretty accessible, so away I went, wasn't too bad a job, is there any job this Halfords toolkit can't do!!??

I want to change the seals tomorrow and get it all back together. I'm going to Ring in less than 3 weeks and I haven't driven the car in a while, needs a good checking over once it's back together, nut & bolt check as I've had ALOT of things off.

List of things to change before Ring:

Oil
Oil filter
Cabin filter
Fuel filter (after learning it's not on any service schedule so probably the 7 year old original!!)
Check all brakes, particularly pads
Engine check over of fluids etc

I'd like to do valve clearances as its quite tappy and I don't know if they were ever checked after Thorney fitted the cams, you'd presume they would, but you never know! But that might be a bit tight for Ring.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

16th Mar 12 at 23:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks awesome
Jon_C
Premium Member

17th Mar 12 at 09:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome car G. Shame about the powder coat reacting. Colour looks good though
Stu

17th Mar 12 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work matey!!!
Chris x

17th Mar 12 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Track wheels and your other wheels same colour as the cage?
Graham88

18th Mar 12 at 02:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Changed the seals in the diff at midday & the car was back together by half 3 including a bacon sarnie break :-) somehow managed to find the strength to lift the diff into place by myself aswell as thread the bolts in, was some gym style moaning going on mind you

Had a nervous drive tonight just driving slowly and all seems good.

It's certainly a consideration Chris. Although I don't really see the point in spending money on the track wheels as they are just going to get abused, although they are quite corroded.
And I like the silver of the BBS's, hard decision!
flybikeslee

18th Mar 12 at 03:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good to see a m3 being used to its full potential! love the fact its getting ripped apart too!
BeetleGav

18th Mar 12 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wont the harness anchor points scratch the fuck out your nice shiny paint work?
big eck

18th Mar 12 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good. Those miltek systems are shit quality for the money they cost. I've had both my systems crack around the welds.
Graham88

18th Mar 12 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
good to see a m3 being used to its full potential! love the fact its getting ripped apart too!

:-) I think you will find alot more people doing it now as they become more affordable! Quite a few caged M3's coming up
quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
Wont the harness anchor points scratch the fuck out your nice shiny paint work?

Carpet is back in mate. So the harnesses are resting on the carpet. I've put them on today so I'll take a pic later to show you. Some may see it as a bit pointless putting carpet back in after getting it painted but I like my comfort too much lol.
quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Looking good. Those miltek systems are shit quality for the money they cost. I've had both my systems crack around the welds.

Yeah mate I'd be annoyed if it was me that bought it!
big eck

18th Mar 12 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the thing tho, it should be a life time warranty no matter who now owns the car. That's just a way for the miltek bigwigs to get away with replacing a part of the system.
BeetleGav

18th Mar 12 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont blame you putting carpet back in, especially for daily use. although having no carpet would make cleaning easier.
Graham88

20th Mar 12 at 02:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graham88

24th Mar 12 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FAZ
Premium Member

24th Mar 12 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

teaser shots suck, get some proper ones

you happy with it? has the cage been redone to your standard?

<<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » E46 M3 23 database queries in 0.0148659 seconds