corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New toyota

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New toyota
Marc

User status: Offline
18th Aug 12 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to Toyota to look at them yesterday. They had white and black ones on the forecourt and a burnt orange one in the showroom. Pretty spafftastic.
Steve
Premium Member

18th Aug 12 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok
adiohead

18th Aug 12 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd get one and fit tiger stripes
John

18th Aug 12 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting beaten off the lights while looking like a race car would definitely be more embarrassing.
Ben G

18th Aug 12 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Cant believe some people are buying cars to beat diesel audi's at the lights. The MX5 is slow as fookin a stright line but I've just been out in it and forgot what fun it is to drive!

do you honestly think I buy cars just to win at traffic lights? I used it as a simple scenario to show it would be an odeal car FOR ME if it had another 50bhp or so. I dont track my cars and as I don't have the luxury of being able to afford to run a daily and a weekend car, I need something that has power and handling.

Steve
Premium Member

18th Aug 12 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking hell im going absoutely bonkers here
neil h

18th Aug 12 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Getting beaten off the lights while looking like a race car would definitely be more embarrassing.

John, I need to know. Are you one of those people who believes 2 cars lining up side by side at a set of traffic lights instantly constitutes a race? Like all the kids who reckon they beat a 911 of the lights in a 1.0l corsa just because the 911 owner was in no rush.
smcGSI16V

18th Aug 12 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still overpriced and is the toyota a subaru or the Subaru a toyota. I cant tell from a distance.
I really want to have a car that looks exactly(99%) the same as another car.
Jambo

18th Aug 12 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is it over priced ffs.

It's cheaper than two orr the three hot hatches which are both wrong wheel drive modded shopping trolleys. This is a purpose built coupe designed to do that from scratch, not been retro engineered to house bigger engine etc.

It's £25k for a sports coupe that's a true enthusiasts car, naturally aspirated, economical and above all fun. What else can you buy new for that money that competes?!

Or is this just trollbaitspam overload?
Jambo

18th Aug 12 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fucking hell im going absoutely bonkers here
Nath

18th Aug 12 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Needs another 600bhp for sure.
smcGSI16V

18th Aug 12 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't call it sporty, just a coupe.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th Aug 12 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll wait and get the 2.0t version
Ojc

18th Aug 12 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather a Hyundai Coupe
John

18th Aug 12 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neil h
quote:
Originally posted by John

John, I need to know. Are you one of those people who believes 2 cars lining up side by side at a set of traffic lights instantly constitutes a race? Like all the kids who reckon they beat a 911 of the lights in a 1.0l corsa just because the 911 owner was in no rush.

No, I mean when it's 2 lanes into 1 and you don't want to let the guy in, with this Toyota, you've got no choice.
Eck
Premium Member

18th Aug 12 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
I wouldn't call it sporty, just a coupe.

What constitutes as Sporty then? Something that handles brilliantly and involves the driver constitutes as a Sports car to me. More so than a diesel rep mobile with a couple of mods and a few badges.
neil h

18th Aug 12 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Still overpriced and is the toyota a subaru or the Subaru a toyota. I cant tell from a distance.
I really want to have a car that looks exactly(99%) the same as another car.

Seriously? Come on now You're just being silly.

And let's be honest John, do you actually get upset if you get overtaken by something?

Lotta people here making stupid comments about a car they've never driven tbh.

[Edited on 18-08-2012 by neil h]
smcGSI16V

18th Aug 12 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But why would you spend 25k on a car that looks 99% the same as another and is under powered. (until a more powerful one comes along in 3 years.).

For the class of car it is and where it slots in in the market it's under powered, very few people who buy it will care about it's supposed handling qualities and will wish it had more power.

[Edited on 18-08-2012 by smcGSI16V]
Robin
Premium Member

18th Aug 12 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's market is going to be people who buy Audi TTs. Those people don't but the TTS or TTRS, they stick with the 200bhp model. This will drive better, as it's not a FWD rep mobile in a frock.
neil h

18th Aug 12 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
But why would you spend 25k on a car that looks 99% the same as another and is under powered. (until a more powerful one comes along in 3 years.).

For the class of car it is and where it slots in in the market it's under powered, very few people who buy it will care about it's supposed handling qualities and will wish it had more power.

But loads of cars look like other cars. Why would you spend all the money on a GT3 RS when it looks like a standard 911 with a wing? Or an RS4 when it looks 99% like an A4?

How can you say people will wish it had more power with out driving it? Just because it looks it on paper doesn't mean it is. Same with the MX5. Unless of course your another traffic light gp champion.
Ben G

19th Aug 12 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
It's market is going to be people who buy Audi TTs. Those people don't but the TTS or TTRS, they stick with the 200bhp model. This will drive better, as it's not a FWD rep mobile in a frock.

the 200bhp audi tt (it's direct competitor according to you) does 0-60 in 6 seconds. why does the toyota only do it in mid 7's? long gear ratio's? too lardy?
AK

19th Aug 12 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

.. its not all about 0-60!

They have made it less grippy (supposedly)... it is rwd....
Robin
Premium Member

19th Aug 12 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you think your typical TT driver will care? It'll either be a 40 year old woman who has it to get her from a to b, or some bald rep who didn't think he was old enough to have an A4, when in fact he was too old to have a 2 door coupe but was having a midlife crisis.

I still don't get how 7 second to 60 is classed as slow tbh.
pow
Premium Member

19th Aug 12 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quicker than the Alfa :-(
Gary
Premium Member

19th Aug 12 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread shows that toyota have fucked up.

50% of you think it needs more power
50% say its fine.

Give it an extra 100hp and the 2nd 50 will still buy it and the first 50 will be happy!

<<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New toyota 22 database queries in 0.0221431 seconds