corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  132    133    134    135    136    137    138  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread
chrisritch

User status: Offline
25th Jul 11 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member

The amount of effort he put into getting the job back I cant see him leaving anytime soon
Tom

25th Jul 11 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by Russ
I'm sorry, what's he done in the EPL again?

Tore Man United's defence a new one for starters, settled straight away, countless MOTM performances etc. He's one of the most exciting players in the league, if you disagree then you are blind

This season is a big one for him, he is clearly in very impressive form and needs to take that back to Liverpool for the EPL.

4 goals in 13 games for liverpool last season isn't great and he needs to improve on that

I think he's an amazing talent, but i think he is yet to prove it fully in the prem and this season will be interesting to see how he does

Considering he hadn't played a competitive match for 2 months when he joined us, he turned his form on pretty much instantly in a new league. His record at every level he's played at is outstanding.

4 goal in 13 games doesn't tell the whole story, he works hard for the team and provides as much in assists as he does with goals.

Of course he's yet to 'prove it fully' considering he's only played a part in 13 games I think he'll be up there for top scorer/assister/player of the season, genuinely.

[Edited on 25-07-2011 by Tom]
Tom

25th Jul 11 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch

why would he leave?

Resign due to pressure/stress if they have a bad start, or don't do as well as what everyone seems to think they will (champions league and challenging for the title)

IMO that's all

Properely on the wind up there aren't you? Bit of a low blow levelling that at him tbh, it's one thing suffering post traumatic stress because of a tragedy, it's a completely different thing being under normal work pressures

strick206

25th Jul 11 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Of course he's yet to 'prove it fully' considering he's only played a part in 13 games I think he'll be up there for top scorer/assister/player of the season, genuinely.

Worth looking at his price to have a bet on top goalscorer, there must be value about because Hernandez at 9/1 favourite certainly isnt value, not when i backed him at 80/1 last season (if only he had played from the start)

I don't think he will be top assist player at liverpool, in fact, i don't think he will be the highest assist providing striker at liverpool, carroll will be
chrisritch

25th Jul 11 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member

Did he end up top goalscorer at the Copa?
strick206

25th Jul 11 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Properely on the wind up there aren't you? Bit of a low blow levelling that at him tbh, it's one thing suffering post traumatic stress because of a tragedy, it's a completely different thing being under normal work pressures

No not intentionally trying to bait you and chrisbitch (although you actually know things about football, that weapon doesn't)

I just think he will struggle to cope with the pressure from the media and the owners if he gets off to a bad start, especially if a couple of the signings fail to prosper such as hendo and downo
Tom

25th Jul 11 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
Did he end up top goalscorer at the Copa?

No, was 1 off I think (someone got a hatrick in the other semi iirc). He could have been selfish for the 3rd but gave it to forlan

Nath

25th Jul 11 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:

WOW, can of worms or what?!
Tom

25th Jul 11 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Worth looking at his price to have a bet on top goalscorer, there must be value about because Hernandez at 9/1 favourite certainly isnt value, not when i backed him at 80/1 last season (if only he had played from the start)

I don't think he will be top assist player at liverpool, in fact, i don't think he will be the highest assist providing striker at liverpool, carroll will be

I might well have a look at his odds although maybe being a little optimistic on pure goals or assists. He has a good balance of goals and assists if you look back across the last 3 seasons. "Liverpool have averaged 2.20 goals per PL game this season with Luis Suarez playing, compared to 1.28 without him."
Tom

25th Jul 11 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

No not intentionally trying to bait you and chrisbitch (although you actually know things about football, that weapon doesn't)

I just think he will struggle to cope with the pressure from the media and the owners if he gets off to a bad start, especially if a couple of the signings fail to prosper such as hendo and downo

Thanks for the back handed compliment

I just can't see it, the owners have stated several times that they know we need stability and they expect to see us improve over the next couple/few seasons. He knows how to get the most out of players, we have a much improved squad, a good team of coaches, he has the fans backing 100%. Barring some bizarely bad start to the season I can't see where the pressure is going to come from.
Russ

25th Jul 11 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

WOW, can of worms or what?!
seriously though, a flukey goal against a patched up man utd defence, and a goal from a tight angle (wow), he's had 55 shots and scored 4 times, lethal
mwg

25th Jul 11 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member

He's no Chicharito that's for sure.
Russ

25th Jul 11 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
He's no Chicharito that's for sure.
Russ

25th Jul 11 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member

chicarito only had 54 shots in the premier league, and scored 13.

yes i agree, Suarez is the saviour of the premier league.

i think somebody has been spending to much time on a Daydreamsfromthekop.com
mwg

25th Jul 11 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member

How many back headers did Suarez score?

[Edited on 25-07-2011 by mwg]
Tom

25th Jul 11 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member

Russ it's not all about his goals, let me draw your attention back to this:

"Liverpool have averaged 2.20 goals per PL game this season with Luis Suarez playing, compared to 1.28 without him."
Russ

25th Jul 11 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member

that was incredible tbf its as good as hitting it as hard as you can at Mignolet
Russ

25th Jul 11 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

"Liverpool have averaged 2.20 goals per PL game this season with Luis Suarez playing, compared to 1.28 without him."

unfair stat, how many games as he missed since he joined.
Tom

quote:
chicarito only had 54 shots in the premier league, and scored 13.

yes i agree, Suarez is the saviour of the premier league.

i think somebody has been spending to much time on a Daydreamsfromthekop.com

I think someone has been spending too much time on Opta stats. I wonder if you ever watch other teams play or just read about them on there?
Russ

there's no stats on opta stats mate...
Cavey

25th Jul 11 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member

Wooo, headed goal from 5 yards. Amazing.

I'd say Hernandez has a good chance of top scorer this season, although everyone has had 40odd games to have a good look at him, his movement is second to none and I can still see him scoring a hatful this season.

(Out of interest did Hernandez score any from outside the area last season Russ?)

Suarez is a very good player, and I think he'll do well this season too though.

Liverpool + 12 points are faves on the spaz betting at 11/1 btw (on B365) (sorry, second faves behind Sunderland + 32 and City + 6 pts both at 10/1)

[Edited on 25-07-2011 by Cavey]
Tom

25th Jul 11 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

'Unfair stat' coming from the stat king, stats don't lie blah
Russ

25th Jul 11 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member

cavey, i can check if you really want me too, but i cant remember him scoring outside the box.

steven fletcher scored 10 goals with 44 shots, the next chicarito?
Russ

25th Jul 11 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

'Unfair stat' coming from the stat king, stats don't lie blah

i'm just saying, the first half the season on Roy, you were shit, even we beat you ffs, how many games did Kenny play without him? handful edit - 5

[Edited on 25-07-2011 by Russ]
Cavey

25th Jul 11 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
cavey, i can check if you really want me too, but i cant remember him scoring outside the box.

steven fletcher scored 10 goals with 44 shots, the next chicarito?

Just intrigued mate, I can't remember any, and I was looking out for them. Proper poacher

<<  132    133    134    135    136    137    138  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.0559881 seconds