corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  134    135    136    137    138    139    140  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Jul 11 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

Tevez and Aguero could be a ridiculous partnership. What of Dzeko then I still rate him tbh!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

27th Jul 11 at 01:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/8664186/Manchester-City-agree-club-record-35-million-fee-for-Atletico-Madrid-forward-Sergio-Aguero.html

Get in.

why? you spend how much on 'world class' strikers and finish 3rd, if a proper team with a proper manager had your money they would wipe the floor with the PL

[Edited on 26-07-2011 by chrisritch]

STFU
Russ

27th Jul 11 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member

I'd love to visit his world.
Tom

27th Jul 11 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member

City must win the league this year or they have majorly failed imo.
mwg

27th Jul 11 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member

They are about to majorly fail.
strick206

27th Jul 11 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member

Won't win the league with Mancini there and Balotelli
mwg

27th Jul 11 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member

Did you see that link I posted on the last page? About Vucinic? We have 6 strikers as it is (7 if you include Young) so not sure what we would be meeting his agent for
chrisritch

27th Jul 11 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/8664186/Manchester-City-agree-club-record-35-million-fee-for-Atletico-Madrid-forward-Sergio-Aguero.html

Get in.

why? you spend how much on 'world class' strikers and finish 3rd, if a proper team with a proper manager had your money they would wipe the floor with the PL

not a sober comment
Tommy L

27th Jul 11 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I don't think they would of failed if they contended throughout the year, had a good first season in the CL.

Is it going to be a fail if Liverpool don't get top 4? £35m, £23m, £16m, £7m, £20m - £101m on 5 player transfers is a lot
Tom

27th Jul 11 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I don't think they would of failed if they contended throughout the year, had a good first season in the CL.

Is it going to be a fail if Liverpool don't get top 4? £35m, £23m, £16m, £7m, £20m - £101m on 5 player transfers is a lot

Our aim is at least top 4, so yes we would have failed if we don't get it. We still need a few players in too.

I genuinely feel like if they don't win the league after spending that much money then they have failed, they can't talk about being in transition any more, they have spent a ludicrous amont of money and have players on well over £100k a week who are rotting in the reserves. You can't spend £300m on players, probably 2/3 times as much as they earn a season on wages and not win the league without it being a failure.
strick206

27th Jul 11 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Did you see that link I posted on the last page? About Vucinic? We have 6 strikers as it is (7 if you include Young) so not sure what we would be meeting his agent for

Yeah, i have to question it tbh, i don't believe the agent personally

He will be 28 in October, doesn't have a very good strike rate and is considered to be a forward, or left sided attacking player, we have enough of these already

Would be very shocked if he came to United, especially when we have many players already at this position

If we sign anyone else i can't see it being any other position than a CM
Ben J

27th Jul 11 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member

City won't win the league.
Rick Draper

27th Jul 11 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:

Get in.

Last time i checked your lot finished 7th and 6th with a "world class" striker. Still no excuses for you next season with your world class "carroll" upfront is there
Rick Draper

27th Jul 11 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

If Liverpool dont get top 4 then it will be epic fail for them.
Rick Draper

27th Jul 11 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
City won't win the league.

I agree, Arsenal will
Ben J

27th Jul 11 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member

Can't see past Man u tbh
Rick Draper

27th Jul 11 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Can't see past Man u tbh

TBH I cannot see Chelsea doing it, Arsenal will compete till after Christmas, We will be there or there abouts all season but not sustain it as Bobby will have some odd formation going on against a shit team, Liverpool will fall at the first along with Tottenham and United will once again emerge winners. Sad but imho thats what will happen.
Rick Draper

27th Jul 11 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:

Aguero tweeted this morning: “Just arrived in Manchester to finalise the details of the signature [contract] with ‘El City’. It went very well. In a while I’ll tell you all more...”

'El City'
Tom

27th Jul 11 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

If Liverpool dont get top 4 then it will be epic fail for them.

You're not very good at reading are you?

Tom

27th Jul 11 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Can't see past Man u tbh

TBH I cannot see Chelsea doing it, Arsenal will compete till after Christmas, We will be there or there abouts all season but not sustain it as Bobby will have some odd formation going on against a shit team, Liverpool will fall at the first along with Tottenham and United will once again emerge winners. Sad but imho thats what will happen.

Mancini will persist with a defensive 3 in midfield imo, if/when Tevez leaves you will be very reliant on Aguero creating his own chances in the tight games. Probably be close but will end up with too many draws.

United are the ones to beat, as always I always hope for something to f*ck them up (like the lack of a decent midfield for example) but they are always there or there abouts.

Arsenal's season depends on the transfers and with Chelsea, they could go either way, I expect them to be competitive but who knows if they get off to a bad start?

Our start is important too, if we start strong i'll be quietly confident of knocking one of the above out of the top 4.

[Edited on 27-07-2011 by Tom]
Tommy L

27th Jul 11 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member

El City
Fro

27th Jul 11 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member

Someone needs to buy townsend tbh.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/brilliant-goal-you-wont-have-seen-andros-townsend-(tottenham-xi)-brighton-13857910/

weak foot too.

[Edited on 27-07-2011 by Fro]
Tom

27th Jul 11 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member

I think it's time for a 2011/12 season predictions thread, any takers to write it
Nath

27th Jul 11 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Our aim is at least top 4, so yes we would have failed if we don't get it. We still need a few players in too.

I genuinely feel like if they don't win the league after spending that much money then they have failed, they can't talk about being in transition any more, they have spent a ludicrous amont of money and have players on well over £100k a week who are rotting in the reserves. You can't spend £300m on players, probably 2/3 times as much as they earn a season on wages and not win the league without it being a failure.

Agreed. Chelsea nailed it in about the same time so City really do need to win the League very soon.
Russ

27th Jul 11 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member

they need top 2 and semis of europe at least in my eyes

<<  134    135    136    137    138    139    140  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.0509870 seconds