corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Champions league final thread sponsored by *mastercard*

New Poll
  <<  11    12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Champions league final thread sponsored by *mastercard*
--DAN--

User status: Offline
   22nd May 08 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
The only thing I have to say on the game:

We had the better first half, there were a few minutes at the beginning wher it was in our half but we got our act together and showed that we had control. I can't believe that Chelsea goal before half time!! Especially after the free kick too! I felt sick. Chelsea had the better second half and it didn't look good, we eased off and let them control. Luckily we didn't allow them to take advantage of this and held on until the whistle. Again we had the better first half of extra time with the coming back for the second period, I thought they would get us but took us to penalties. I'll be honest and thought they would win and that we'd show ourselves up, but Anderson and Nani did us proud. Who cares about Ronaldo missing after his season!!! I'm so glad Terry missed, I really can't stand him. Club over country every time for me.

I've had so many people come and congratulate me tonight, on account of me wearing the shirt I suppose! This is definatltey the second best moment in my life, and whats funny is 2 United fans said the same to me! After '99 only a select few will understand what this means.

I won't reply to so don't try and bait me!!!

We should have wrapped it up in the first half tbh, it showed we definately need a poacher in the box for the tap ins we create, worse possible time to concede just before half time as they came out flying in the second and we couldn't get going. We held out though and it was a great way for Drogba to leave English football Hargreaves and Tevez never stopped running and respect to Anderson for the way he put his penalty away after coming on at the final whistle.

Chelsea were the better side overall but its not always the best side on the night that wins, we were all over the Arse in FA Cup Final a few years back and ended up losing, but it was our turn tonight.

Special mention for Anelka who didn't look bothered at all after missing, greedy badger

[Edited on 22-05-2008 by --DAN--]
Robbo

22nd May 08 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funny you shoudl mention that FA CUp final, that was a big topic of convo last night lol... biggest riobbery in history lol... 11 men behind the ball for 120misn and then did u on pens And celebrated like we had tumped you 4/5 nil

I also noticed that bout anelka...
--DAN--

22nd May 08 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm making you an Honourary Manc Robbo
Nick A

22nd May 08 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got home from Moscow this morning - what a great trip - apart from the result

Russian Locals are such nice people and the red square is a nice place to visit, apsolutly shattered with harldy any kip on 48 hrs

I am truley gutted we didnt win it, we deserved to win the game as we were the better side!!!!!!!

Anyhows championsleague finals are deffinatly worth the dollar and the Luzniki (sp) stadium is just
Hammer

22nd May 08 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --DAN--
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I feel sorry for John Terry you bullies

He's a cunt, hate the way he's made out to be a hero, sly dirty player and if he hadn't have gone after Tevez and caused a scene maybe Dogbreath wouldn't have got sent off??

What has he actually done though for everyone to hate him?

There's not many players in modern day football that would play in a European Cup Final 10 days after dislocating an elbow, in fact a handful if that. Always appears to wear his heart on his sleeve and he's a throwback to the old fashioned centre halves that would do anything to stop the other team scoring. I like him personally.
Robbo

22nd May 08 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Dont I feel so dirty I need a bloody good scrubbing with some ajax (that a-jax no i-yax )

Will put my Arsenal dvds on tonight to remidn me of my true allegiance
Robbo

22nd May 08 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

He's a cunt, hate the way he's made out to be a hero, sly dirty player and if he hadn't have gone after Tevez and caused a scene maybe Dogbreath wouldn't have got sent off??

There's not many players in modern day football that would play in a European Cup Final 10 days after dislocating an elbow, in fact a handful if that. Always appears to wear his heart on his sleeve and he's a throwback to the old fashioned centre halves that would do anything to stop the other team scoring. I like him personally.
Hes just a twat... whinges non-stop, always badgering the referee over the most trivial of things, just cant stand him!
--DAN--

22nd May 08 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I admire the guys guts and passion, no doubt, but he's sly as fook and gets involved where he dosen't need too. Tevez played the ball out in exactly the same way Chelsea did earlier and JT lost it, which caused a ruck and led to Drogba getting sent off which may have cost them the game. I'm sure the Chelsea fans adore him and I can see why, just don't like that sly side to him and he never puts his arse on the line for England like he does for Chelsea.
Robbo

22nd May 08 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes that pisses me off to as someone who has been to a lot of england games (esp whilst he as capt) and he just isnt the same player at all
Hammer

22nd May 08 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You hate him for being a Chelsea player then as the entire team to a man are all the exact same bunch of moaning cunts
--DAN--

22nd May 08 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Dont I feel so dirty I need a bloody good scrubbing with some ajax (that a-jax no i-yax )

Its too late, I've made it official
Robbo

22nd May 08 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You hate him for being a Chelsea player then as the entire team to a man are all the exact same bunch of moaning cunts
Well true but hes always the first up bitching about every little thing... wrong thing to do as captain IMO... just sets the rest of the moaning cunts off lol
Robbo

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:

Its too late, I've made it official
Noooooooooooo
--DAN--

quote:

In a way you're right, every team has a certain player, usually homegrown, who the opposition love to hate. We've got a few, Keane and Neville are prime examples, like Vieira and Carragher and Gerrard. Will do anything for the team and it makes them loved at home but hated away.

EDIT - As for the rest of the team, Cashley is a cock, as is Drogba, Anelka and Jon Obi, they are all out for themselves imo.

gianluigi

22nd May 08 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great game last night.

credit to petr cech for not being fooled by ronaldo's stupid run up.
--DAN--

22nd May 08 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
great game last night.

Was a shite penalty, Cechs double save from tevez and carrick was top class.
Hammer

22nd May 08 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

In a way you're right, every team has a certain player, usually homegrown, who the opposition love to hate. We've got a few, Keane and Neville are prime examples, like Vieira and Carragher and Gerrard. Will do anything for the team and it makes them loved at home but hated away.

EDIT - As for the rest of the team, Cashley is a cock, as is Drogba, Anelka and Jon Obi, they are all out for themselves imo.

Chelsea's problem is although they appear on the surface to have this superb team spirit and work ethic they are, John Terry aside, a collective group of footballing mercenaries in it for the money. Anelka being the biggest out the lot of them with Drogba closely following behind.
Cosmo

22nd May 08 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Its pissing me off him doing that stupid fucking run up as I swear thats now allowed anymore.
Robbo

22nd May 08 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

Its pissing me off him doing that stupid fucking run up as I swear thats now allowed anymore.
I always thought stopping midflow was never allowed... I remember back to Rauls(?) PK against Englan in Euro 96 and they said then that you werent to stop once youve begun moving

proved last night that its a stupid thing to do!
Robbo

22nd May 08 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
great game last night.

Was a shite penalty, Cechs double save from tevez and carrick was top class.
Was awesome, carricks was right at him but he ahd to get so low! Carrick should jhave put that to his right... clear sight on goal then!
Cosmo

22nd May 08 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John Aldridge used to do it for us, was called the Aldridge shuffle, and I know he got stopped from doing it so thought it had been against the rules since then.
Tom

22nd May 08 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wonder if he'll stop taking them like that in future
Cosmo

22nd May 08 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Not sure he'll be the peno taker at Madrid?
--DAN--

22nd May 08 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Not sure he'll be the peno taker at Madrid?

Cosmo

22nd May 08 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Portuguese star told Radio 5 Live: "I don't promise nothing. I don't promise nothing to my mum, I don't promise nothing to supporters."

He added: "We are going to see in the next two weeks, I don't say I make a decision."

<<  11    12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Champions league final thread sponsored by *mastercard* 23 database queries in 0.0184929 seconds