corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97

New Poll
  <<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97
Pop

User status: Offline
8th Oct 09 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dizzy and Cosmo - Thanks for the advise. I'll follow the programme to the letter and see the results after 90 days.
Cosmo

8th Oct 09 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
I haven't got much fat to lose. I'm 6'3" and weigh just under 10 stone.

Phase 1 food intake will leave me looking like a refugee.

If you read about the first phase it will not cut the fat out if you dont have it.
Pop

8th Oct 09 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah ok thanks. I've skim read it and will have time this weekend to go through it with a fine tooth comb.
DizzyRebel

8th Oct 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
The prcess of turning protein into fat is very difficult, but your body does not like to waste anything so it can happen although unless you eat something like 600g + of it daily its unlikely to happen. It will just be shat out, esp if you eat plenty of fibre.

Cool, I know excess carbs very easily get turned in to fat but didnt know that about protein

Dont let it put you off shovelling the protein down your neck though. If you need say 3800 calories a day to gain size, and your daily intake of fats is 600 calories and your carb intake is 800 calories you still need another 2400 calories to meet your needed intake. Chances are if you got those extra calories from carbs or fat it will be stored as bodyfat, but if you took in 2400 calories of protein none of that would be stored as fat. But say if you got 4000 calories from protein, then you may store some as fat as the calorie surplus is far greater than your body can use.

J4M13

8th Oct 09 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo, Paul, have any of you guys worked out a daily meal plan yet from p90x?
Iv worked out about 3/4 of mine but having trouble fitting the amount of protein into one day thats it asks. Im doing the Level 2 diet.

So far iv got this down(theres bits missing still from meals), Dizzy and anyone else can comment on this aswell but might have to explain the allowences according to p90x
Iv changed it aswell into small meals every 2-3hours etc instead of Breakfast/snack/lunch/snack/dinner, think there will be any problem with that?

Breakfast 9am
Oats - 1cup
Skim milk - 8oz

Workout 10am

Snack 11-12pm
Recovery drink
Tuna - 3oz
Low fat mayo - 2tbsp

Lunch 2pm
Chicken - 3oz
Peas - 1cup
Carrots - 1cup

Snack 4pm
Protein Drink
Banana
Skim milk 8oz(all blended)

Snack 7pm
Low fat cheese - 1oz
Nuts - 1oz

Tea 10pm
Chicken - 3oz
Peas - 1cup
Carrots - 1cup

Supper midnight
Prawns - 3oz
Mayo - 2tbsp
Nuts - 1oz

The period from 5pm till 10pm is when i am at work and only allowed a quick snack whilst working so have no choice but to have my tea so late and my last snack/supper.

So thats the first one iv worked out so far but not finished it 100% yet as you can probably tell.
thats only 4 out of 7 servings of protein it says you should have. Would i be fine doubling up the servings of chicken per meal?

[Edited on 08-10-2009 by J4M13]
BarnshaW

8th Oct 09 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your eating alot of food at night there! not too sure about eating chicken,nuts that late? I suppose if you work odd hours it might be alright
J4M13

8th Oct 09 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thats the only problem with me working stupid hours, i know i shouldnt be eating that late but i dont really have a choice. I wont be going to bed till around 1-2am if that makes any diffence though?
BarnshaW

8th Oct 09 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

say you go to bed at 1am, i am not sure prawns , mayo and nuts are the best foods before bed? maybe some sort of slow releasing protein? I have around 500g cottage cheese before bed
J4M13

8th Oct 09 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know cottage cheese is reccomended for before bed, i can force myself to eat it but i despise the stuff

the thing with the p90x nutrition program is you have to have so many servings of each protein/dairy/veg/carbs etc so Cottage cheese would be one of my dairy allowences but in that meal plan iv already used up my 3 dairy portions. If you understand me?
DizzyRebel

8th Oct 09 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J4M13
Cosmo, Paul, have any of you guys worked out a daily meal plan yet from p90x?
Iv worked out about 3/4 of mine but having trouble fitting the amount of protein into one day thats it asks. Im doing the Level 2 diet.

So far iv got this down(theres bits missing still from meals), Dizzy and anyone else can comment on this aswell but might have to explain the allowences according to p90x
Iv changed it aswell into small meals every 2-3hours etc instead of Breakfast/snack/lunch/snack/dinner, think there will be any problem with that?

Breakfast 9am
Oats - 1cup
Skim milk - 8oz

Workout 10am

Snack 11-12pm
Recovery drink
Tuna - 3oz
Low fat mayo - 2tbsp

Lunch 2pm
Chicken - 3oz
Peas - 1cup
Carrots - 1cup

Snack 4pm
Protein Drink
Banana
Skim milk 8oz(all blended)

Snack 7pm
Low fat cheese - 1oz
Nuts - 1oz

Tea 10pm
Chicken - 3oz
Peas - 1cup
Carrots - 1cup

Supper midnight
Prawns - 3oz
Mayo - 2tbsp
Nuts - 1oz

The period from 5pm till 10pm is when i am at work and only allowed a quick snack whilst working so have no choice but to have my tea so late and my last snack/supper.

So thats the first one iv worked out so far but not finished it 100% yet as you can probably tell.
thats only 4 out of 7 servings of protein it says you should have. Would i be fine doubling up the servings of chicken per meal?

[Edited on 08-10-2009 by J4M13]

The only thing i would change on there is a 50g whey protein or whey/casein blend drink in the morning with breakfast... otherwise thats pretty damn perfect.

[Edited on 08-10-2009 by DizzyRebel]
Danny P

8th Oct 09 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got mine through the post today, cheers Paul

@ BRING IT being written on the back
allza

8th Oct 09 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got mine today too, cheers Paul. started looking through some of it and it looks good. Not 100% on the diet but haven't read it all the way through yet. Will probably start it in a week as still trying to bulk up a bit before I start this program. My mum also saw it and said "what's bring it" lol.

[Edited on 08-10-2009 by allza]
Paul_J

8th Oct 09 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just finished the yoga X - fucking hell that goes on forever it's fairly relentless too... I remember at the start thinking this is so shit, it's too easy... I soon changed my mind.... I was near to giving up half way through (first time during any of these work outs) - when I could still see 54 mins on the counter and was shattered!

Bloody how many downward dogs and planks and the other thing

Stuck with it though and finished it! Such a relief around the 40 minute mark when it started going into static balance positions rather than constantly having to hold myself up, or swinging my legs through for warrior positions.
Paul_J

8th Oct 09 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

p.s. Anyone notice a difference yet?

I do and it's only been 4 days wtf
J4M13

8th Oct 09 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im on the yoga in an hour.

No i dont think im seeing any difference just yet
J4M13

8th Oct 09 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what differences are you seeing Paul?
Paul_J

8th Oct 09 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J4M13
what differences are you seeing Paul?

very slight lol, stomach, face, neck.
J4M13

8th Oct 09 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet, that will no doubt be good for you making you want to push on with the program if your seeing differences
Paul_J

8th Oct 09 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh I've been kind of 'bagging' (as tony would say) regarding the weights this week...

I've got 2 dumbells with long metal centres that allow you to add or remove weight, but the problem is I haven't got enough of the right size weights, the long metal bars clash with each other on some of the exercises and they don't allow me to change weight quickly (say tricep from a bicep)...

I'm looking for a set like they use in the vid, but only buying the ones I need, maybe a 15 lb, 25 lb and 50 lb.
Paul_J

8th Oct 09 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although this week has just been a trial run for me, I aim to start it fully hard from monday and do the 3 weeks of phase 1 before the rest... so I'm gonna be 'starting' with most of you.
J4M13

8th Oct 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so your carrying on onto week 2 next week then?

Iv got the same dumbbells as the ones you described where you have to change the weight yourself, but iv got 4 dumbbell bars so can have 2 different weights set up at once.
Paul_J

8th Oct 09 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, next week I'll be doing 'week 1' ... as if I'm just starting it. Then for the next 90 days I'm on it. This week I've been doing things I struggle with to destruction like pull ups and diamond push ups, so that the muscle is there to do it properly next week.

Yeh I may buy another set of dumbells so I can use the weights off it and have 4 bars.
BarnshaW

8th Oct 09 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of interest what weight does this program suggest you use? for like excercises such as dumbell curls does it recomend you a weight? surely it would vary in different for everyone?
J4M13

8th Oct 09 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah you use what your capable of lifting etc it doesnt tell you what weight to use.
Paul_J

8th Oct 09 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
out of interest what weight does this program suggest you use? for like excercises such as dumbell curls does it recomend you a weight? surely it would vary in different for everyone?

it just says aim for a weight heavy enough to be straining by 8-10 reps for size, or 12-15 for toning.

<<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97 23 database queries in 0.0188570 seconds