corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread
Ben G

User status: Offline
25th May 11 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member

all this talk about benzema and arsenal is just coincdence then chris
Cavey

25th May 11 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member

West Ham officially complain about Sunderlands approach for Demba Ba.

They can approach him however they want if they pay 7m or so for him
Ben G

25th May 11 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member

shame he's a decent player who will always score goals. tall, strong, great in the air.
Cavey

25th May 11 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member

yup, he wasn't gonna stay in the championship though. There were loads of teams after him in january, so will be a lot after him now.

Jake

25th May 11 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member

i want hutton gone because we need a decent RB. i cant remember the other geezas name but he runs like he's in a sunday league pub team
Ben D

25th May 11 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
i want hutton gone because we need a decent RB. i cant remember the other geezas name but he runs like he's in a sunday league pub team

What kinda fan are you? you don't even know the names of your own players?

I think you mean Corluka? i think Walker looks promising, maybe it is time to give him a shot? maybe bring back Naughton aswell and use him as an understudy? as i hear he is quite decent [not seen much of him myself though]
Ben D

26th May 11 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6952742,00.html

I'm quite surprised at this statement tbh.

quote:
De Gea's lawyer released a statement to Spanish news agency EFE which read: "News has appeared in various media outlets today that Atletico Madrid's David De Gea has signed for Manchester United.
"I hereby notify you that it is not true a deal has been signed."

The statement added: "De Gea will not consider the contract extension offer from Atletico or any other offer until June 30 when he has finished his commitments with the Under 21 national team
mwg

26th May 11 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member

Mirror Footballs 10 Big Transfers that could happen this summer

Andres Iniesta, Barcelona to Man City seems a bit of a wild one
Jamie Walby

26th May 11 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member

Interesting. You know what though, I would have Parker at Arsenal.
Russ

26th May 11 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member

10) Wayne Hennessey, Wolves to Manchester City

A bit of a long shot this one as Wolves will be hard to do business with following their survival but City have the money and want a talented young keeper to compete with England's Joe Hart for years to come. Might be worth an outside bet that Hennessey returns to the club where he was a trainee once.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/james-nursey/Ashley-Young-to-Manchester-United-Andres-Iniesta-and-Wayne-Hennessey-to-Man-City-Cesc-Fabregas-to-Barcelona-Scott-Dann-and-Gareth-Barry-to-Tottenham-Scott-Parker-and-Gary-Cahill-to-Arsenal-Andy-Johnson-to-West-Brom-Cameron-Jerome-to-Stoke-James-Nursey-column-article740635.html#ixzz1NRuFBav2

he's shit too often
Tom

26th May 11 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member

Literally zero chance of Barca selling Iniesta to city

Edit, I think we might end up with Dann.

[Edited on 26-05-2011 by Tom]
Russ

26th May 11 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member

i want wolves to buy a rb, cb x2 and a lb
Hammer

26th May 11 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member

Why would any of Barcelona's players that came through the ranks move to Man City unless they are on the fringes? They are at the best club in the world earning massive wages and playing for the club they support and love.

Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol, Pique, Messi, Valdes, Busquets, Pedro and probably a couple others would be insane to leave Barca.
Russ

26th May 11 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member

yup, and spain probably has better loop holes and tax rules for the greedy bastards anyway
Ben D

26th May 11 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6952942,00.html

No sneijder deal then
Rob_Quads

26th May 11 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member

I wonder when Given is going to go. He has to move as his career is just going downhill and there is no way he is getting his place back at ManC.

Was supprised than Arsenal didn't go for him in Jan.

Was interesting to hear that last summer Arsenal big 20 million (ish) for peppe reina but it was rejected. Goes to show that Wenger will spend the money but only on someone he knows is top notch (of which there are not many around)
chrisritch

26th May 11 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
I wonder when Given is going to go. He has to move as his career is just going downhill and there is no way he is getting his place back at ManC.

Was supprised than Arsenal didn't go for him in Jan.

Was interesting to hear that last summer Arsenal big 20 million (ish) for peppe reina but it was rejected. Goes to show that Wenger will spend the money but only on someone he knows is top notch (of which there are not many around)

Reina is going nowhere
chrisritch

26th May 11 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member

few stats copied from LFC.tv

Dimitar Berbatov and Carlos Tevez jointly topped the scoring charts with 21. Liverpool's highest entrant was Dirk Kuyt on 13.

Nani tallied most assists with 18. Dirk Kuyt got eight, Raul Meireles seven, Andy Carroll six (including Newcastle) and Steven Gerrard/Luis Suarez five. PFA Player of the Year Gareth Bale mustered just one.

Liverpool finished ninth in the disciplinary table with 64 yellow and two red cards. Blackpool had the best record with officials after collecting just 47 yellows and two reds. Man City found themselves in referees' books most often with 74 yellows and five reds.

Roberto Mancini can at least console himself with the fact his side collected 18 clean sheets, more than anyone else. Liverpool kept 14 while West Brom managed the fewest - just two.

Martin Skrtel was our most booked player with eight yellows, followed by Lucas on seven. Around the league, Cheik Tiote of Newcastle led this particular chart with 14 cautions.

Lucas Leiva committed the fourth most fouls in the top flight with 62. The top three were Kevin Davies (115), Tiote (75) and Charlie Adam (68). Andy Carroll (47) and Dirk Kuyt (46) were also in the top 25.

17 players appeared in all 38 Barclays Premier League matches, including Pepe Reina and Martin Skrtel.

The Reds have two representatives among the Premier League's 10 shortest players with Dani Pacheco and Jay Spearing on 168cm - three inches taller than the most vertically challenged of them all, Aaron Lennon. Meanwhile, Soto Kyrgiakos is our tallest player at 193cm, placing him in joint 22nd. Nikola Zigic edges out Peter Crouch for the title of tallest player.

Liverpool were the fourth youngest club in this season's top flight at 119-years-old. Wigan were the youngest at 79 years, while Stoke were the grandfathers of the division at an incredible 148 years.

Liverpool had the fifth highest average attendance in 2010-11 with 42,775. Manchester United (75,109) were first followed by Arsenal (60,025), Newcastle (47,718) and Man City (45,778). Blackpool had the lowest on 15, 780.

If results were decided at half-time, Blackburn would have finished fourth. Manchester United would still have won the league and Liverpool would remain in sixth - but Wigan, Stoke and West Brom would all have been relegated.

Liverpool scored an average of 1.55 goals per game - the fifth highest in the division. Manchester United (two) and Birmingham (0.97) top and tail the table.
Russ

26th May 11 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member

yeah nani got 14 assists not 18

Nath

26th May 11 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member

Boring facts are boring.
Tom

26th May 11 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member

We're buying Dabid Beea.
Russ

26th May 11 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
We're buying Dabid Beea.
oh
Jake

26th May 11 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member

liverpool are shit
Ben D

26th May 11 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
liverpool are shit
Ben J

26th May 11 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1390891/Patrick-Vieira-line-surprise-Arsenal-return.html

Yes fucking please.

Him and Mad Jens as coaches would make Ben J happy.

[Edited on 26-05-2011 by Ben J]

<<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.0178251 seconds