corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » [XBOX:360] Official Cod Black OPs 2 Thread

New Poll
  <<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author [XBOX:360] Official Cod Black OPs 2 Thread
Y869 SRA

User status: Offline
27th Nov 12 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm close to giving up on this one too.
Theres just nothing about the game I like.
Crap maps, crap weapons, I'm sick of hammering someone with an AR only to get beat by a fucking pistol at range, spawn camping/killing, I really have nothing good at all to say about it.

[Edited on 27-11-2012 by V931_FEF]
Nath

27th Nov 12 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jeez, I'm with Nic on this one. Liking it. I get wound up with bogus kills from time to time but generally I'm enjoying it.
Brett
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 09:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm doing utter shite, my k/d is actually 0.8, but I'm still liking it. I have really amazing games, like last night I went something like 32/3, then other games I'll go like 10/17. Hopefully it'll start levelling out and I can increase my k/d a bit. Some games tho, I just feel like every person on the opposite team is half a second ahead of me, like literally shooting me as they turn the corner Hopefully be pretige 2 by weekend as well.
Dave

27th Nov 12 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They probably are, that's part of the problem, although it's not anything new. Thing is now though you can't just get out of the games where you are behind the play. Losing a 1v1 with a pistol when I had a mini gun 3 times blew my mind yesterday

I saw a brilliant video on YouTube yesterday, guy had gone round a corner to get away but still got killed by a bullet about a yard behind him.
Brett
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 09:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah, I get that A LOT, where I know I was in the clear yet some assassin from the movie Wanted manages to bend bullets round the corner and shoot me in the ass That's always happened tho, I can live with that, just.

[Edited on 27-11-2012 by Brett]
Dave

27th Nov 12 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I don't think this is massively better or worse than the other COD's and there is never going to be a perfect system, just gets frustrating at times.

TBH I wasn't even going to get this as I'd got bored of MW3, I'm only playing it as the wife came home with it from supermarket!
Brett
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I loved MW3 in the end. I wish they'd add Drop zone as a game mode to this
Y869 SRA

27th Nov 12 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not the fact I'm doing crap though, like I said theres nothing about the game itself I'm liking.

Anyways, one match I had last night, one of my teammates when 17-0 on CTF. Must've been camping like fuck, theres no way you could be running around on CTF and not get shot in the back a whole bunch of times

[Edited on 27-11-2012 by V931_FEF]
AdZ9

27th Nov 12 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like it, but then again I can understand it would be frustrating if you were crap at it
Nath

27th Nov 12 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prestiged last night and started to rape people with default classes. I went from lv55 and playing shit, to lv1 and smashing people up. So random.
Nic Barnes

27th Nov 12 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The higher ranked you are the less assists the game gives you I think. It's a decent game probably one of the better ones since world at war.
Brett
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Less assists in what way?
Nath

27th Nov 12 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As in more 'help' do you mean? Being kinder and stuff.
Brett
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sharing the theory personally, would be a bit suss if it was adding lag, taking more shots, etc. at later ranks, which is what I assume you're getting at.

[Edited on 27-11-2012 by Brett]
A2H GO

27th Nov 12 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the game always matched you with people at a similar level. I found whenever I prestiged it always put you with others who have also prestiged. Obviously there will always be a few players at random levels to fill games up but in general.

This is why for the last few I never bothered going prestige and just stayed at the max level with everything unlocked playing noobs.

[Edited on 27-11-2012 by A2H GO]
Brett
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may as well prestige on this game Ash. It makes more sense than ever in this one since you can use your unlock token to unlock whatever gun plus all attachments etc. you've earnt. Couple more prestiges and I'll basically have my entire favourite class unlocked from the beginning of each prestige (well, rank 4).
A2H GO

27th Nov 12 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But you'll be paying people who have also prestiged as many times as you and have their favorite classes unlocked from the start too.
Brett
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right ok, so what are you getting at? What are you achieving by staying at rank 55 with everything unlocked, does the same rule not apply? Sounds like you're assuming you'd be the only person on the planet not bothering prestiging?
Y869 SRA

27th Nov 12 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
I thought the game always matched you with people at a similar level. I found whenever I prestiged it always put you with others who have also prestiged. Obviously there will always be a few players at random levels to fill games up but in general.

This is why for the last few I never bothered going prestige and just stayed at the max level with everything unlocked playing noobs.

I haven't prestiged yet but most matches are with people that have. Even had a few that have done it three times already.
Brett
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same here, I've never noticed any kind of matchmaking with regards to rank, based on location but that's about it and even then I'm playing people in spain and france a lot of the time
A2H GO

27th Nov 12 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All I'm saying is that in my experience you get matched with folks at a similar level (yes you will get randoms a level 1 and prestige 10 but in general). Whenever I've gone prestige the opposition has always been better and at a higher level, as you'd expect.

I tend to just stick at say level 55 without bothering to prestige and continue to rape noobs who also haven't prestiged (again in general as you'll still get matches with some who have but even then they'll only be prestige 1,2,3 rather than the l33t people at prestige 10 who you'd be against if you were prestige 7,8,9).

Also, if the benefit of prestiging is being able to permanently unlock one gun, I don't see how that outweighs not prestiging and having all the guns unlocked.
Brett
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Also, if the benefit of prestiging is being able to permanently unlock one gun, I don't see how that outweighs not prestiging and having all the guns unlocked.

I didn't say it outweighs any benefits tbh. The idea of the game is to progress up the ranks. You've basically plateaued now just repeating the same thing over and over going completely nowhere after a few weeks ownership of the game. Obviously that's your call, but for people who want to play the game properly, BO2 imo is the best and offers the most encouragement to want to prestige. I was of a similar mindset in older CODs before unlock tokens came about and you had to wait 50 ranks before getting your favourite gun.
A2H GO

27th Nov 12 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only play for fun and for me it's more fun having access to every gun, perk, attachment, killstreak, camo etc. Being prestige 1,2,10, makes no odds to me, rather than plateauing you're just repeating yourself and making it harder in the process.

Different strokes and all that.

Brett
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You stay a lowly rank 55, no skin off my nose.
A2H GO

27th Nov 12 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See you next time you're rank 1-54

<<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >>

New Poll