corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Official: Playstation 4 Topic

New Poll
  <<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official: Playstation 4 Topic
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Nov 13 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1qrmqf/how_are_you_guys_liking_your_ps4s_like_honestly/

Very few who are actually affected by the issue. So far it seems blown way out of proportion.

Eck
Premium Member

17th Nov 13 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you spend that much money on the next gen console you don't expect to encounter any problems though?

[Edited on 17-11-2013 by Eck]
XSIHardy

17th Nov 13 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling

Either way, nice of the US to beta test the console for us...

This is one of the reasons I'm happy that it comes out there first.

The new UI looks pretty decent, all I keep hearing people say is how quick it is.

Not. 100% on this streaming thing though, every one will
Be at it to begin with, and kinda takes away what to me the whole things about, watching hardcore gamers play, not just any one.
mattievRS

17th Nov 13 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
When you spend that much money on the next gen console you don't expect to encounter any problems though?

Looking forward to the xbone reviews when that's released. There's always going to be a small failure rate on any new product,and let's face it, it's nowhere near the failures on the ps3 or the colossal failure of the 360 on release
XSIHardy

17th Nov 13 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

When you buy any kind of electronic equipment you'd be
Pissed of to find out it doesn't work out the box, but rumors are that it's about a 0.4% fail rate which is so so low. Around 20,000 units so I have read, but think this is a very very lardge launch millions of people will be buying one it's only natural for things to have issues at the start when it comes to gaming consoles.

I have also read that the 360 had between 14-16% failure rate with the red bars ect. Microsoft have even came out and tweeted sony saying how good there launch has gone.
Russ

17th Nov 13 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattievRS
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

Looking forward to the xbone reviews when that's released. There's always going to be a small failure rate on any new product,and let's face it, it's nowhere near the failures on the ps3 or the colossal failure of the 360 on release
yeah but microsoft came out of the RROD saga pretty well, long extended warranties and replacement consoles within weeks.
mattievRS

17th Nov 13 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ps4 has been out what, 3 days? Give them a chance!
BarnshaW

17th Nov 13 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Edition/product-reviews/B00BGA9WK2/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending
Wrighty

17th Nov 13 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

soo 10 out of how many sold are faulty?
Brett
Premium Member

17th Nov 13 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
,and let's face it, it's nowhere near the failures on the ps3 or the colossal failure of the 360 on release

There's now way you can make that statement correctly just yet tbh
mattievRS

17th Nov 13 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
,and let's face it, it's nowhere near the failures on the ps3 or the colossal failure of the 360 on release

There's now way you can make that statement correctly just yet tbh

If you do a bit of googling, and look at how many units have been sold over the first weekend and the reported failure rate then yes I can. I'd also go as far as pointing out that the working consoles will be getting some use so won't have been reviewed due to playing on them rather than reviewing.That is more than enough to make an educated statement.

I do get what you mean, but I think its a totally different kettle of fish

[Edited on 17-11-2013 by mattievRS]
mattievRS

17th Nov 13 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm it also seems that the majority of the non working console have come from suppliers in Amazon.com. These seem to be provided by the same "maker" so could be a dodgy batch?
Steve
Premium Member

17th Nov 13 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is shocking was literally on the verge of clicking a preorder of one of these over the weekend, glad I didn't.
Steve
Premium Member

17th Nov 13 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can the fan boys please refrain from trying to gloss over this as "its not that bad" also please

53 pages of broken console reviews on day one on one Amazon seller alone is terrible. Regardless of its percent in the grand scheme.

Im not interested in pages of fanboy comments, I want to know when or if this is going to be resolved so I can consider or reconsider my purchase.

[Edited on 17-11-2013 by Steve]
BarnshaW

17th Nov 13 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

obviously people will not be going online to post its working so you do have to take into account the amount sold to the amount of problems, its still most likely an extremely small percentage.
Kyle T
Premium Member

17th Nov 13 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
obviously people will not be going online to post its working so you do have to take into account the amount sold to the amount of problems, its still most likely an extremely small percentage.

On the same note, how many working consoles have simply not failed yet?

My 360 failed after two years of faultless use, if the design is inherently bad, this issue may well be cropping up for a while yet.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Russ

17th Nov 13 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they have sold over a million, just to put the problem in perspective
Steve
Premium Member

17th Nov 13 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where's the perspective when we have no figures for broken ones yet?

Only the figure that Sony have published, so you can write that off straight away, some put that figure as high as 15%

It doesn't look that uncommon when you have some guys whos failed, and also someone else in the same family have one fail too.
Balling
Premium Member

17th Nov 13 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are there actually any news sites reporting about the issue or is it all just forum posts and Amazon reviews?

So far it seems to be mostly the latter that's painting a horrible picture.

Either way, it should all be ironed out or at least properly highlighted before European release in a couple of weeks.

Russ

17th Nov 13 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Where's the perspective when we have no figures for broken ones yet?

Only the figure that Sony have published, so you can write that off straight away, some put that figure as high as 15%

It doesn't look that uncommon when you have some guys whos failed, and also someone else in the same family have one fail too.
we do, 0.4&
BarnshaW

17th Nov 13 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4% is the official one i think tweeted by a Sony member, they said this was normal with the volume sold (unsure about that) but thats not really an epidemic imo.
Cavey

17th Nov 13 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put it this way. If I had the cash, I'd still be buying one, and still wouldn't make me want to buy the x bone
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th Nov 13 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My ps3 broke on day one. I will still be getting a ps4

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
fiestakidda

17th Nov 13 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone know of anywhere which has day one availability? just been told getting bonus at work so now have the finances to pre-order one
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th Nov 13 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/ps4-playstation-4-crashes-sony-2801930

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

<<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >>

New Poll