corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  145    146    147    148    149    150    151  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread
Robbo

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 11 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member

Tom

2nd Aug 11 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

Alright Rob, what's the mata?
Robbo

2nd Aug 11 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member

yoyo (_corsa), missed about the last 20-30 pages have i missed much?

im guessing not
Conway563

2nd Aug 11 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member

Just Arsenal failing to win their own competition
Robbo

2nd Aug 11 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member

yesh. i was there to see our defence go self-explode again
strick206

2nd Aug 11 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
http://twitpic.com/5zix6o

This rumour just won't go away, no matter how many times fergie dismisses it it seems to keep gathering pace. Normally they slow down after he has dismissed it.

I'm still very doubtful this deal will go through but it would be brilliant if it did.

I know cleverley has potential but I think he needs time and he is a bit lightweight at the minute. Learning from sneijder would be great for him. I'm hoping it does happen but can't see it myself
Tom

2nd Aug 11 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
http://twitpic.com/5zix6o

This rumour just won't go away, no matter how many times fergie dismisses it it seems to keep gathering pace. Normally they slow down after he has dismissed it.

I'm still very doubtful this deal will go through but it would be brilliant if it did.

I know cleverley has potential but I think he needs time and he is a bit lightweight at the minute. Learning from sneijder would be great for him. I'm hoping it does happen but can't see it myself

Do you agree with this summary of him (from a user on a website I use ):

Good player, but not the player they need. And not for the money they'll pay both Inter and him.

Does his best work in the areas in which Rooney also does his, and Rooney does it better. Berbatov also likes to operate in the same positions. Just not a natural fit for them imo. Really doubt his ability to play in the middle in the Prem, especially in a 2 man midfield such as that Man U like to employ.

Much rather them sign him then Modric. Said it before but the player they should have pushed the boat out for was Sahin.
Cavey

2nd Aug 11 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member

Sneijder is a fantastic player and i'd love to see him in the premiership, even at Utd

This whole thing is just dragging on and on, wish someone would come out with some actual truth in it all. Seems like it's all perpetuated by the media trying to get a story more than United actually making moves on it.

That makes sense above, Sneijder is attacking midfield, Rooney was brilliant dropping into that position last year, gave Hernandez extra space to get himself free up front and got Rooney more of the ball, but they'd be able to fit him in if they got him.
Cavey

2nd Aug 11 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member

I don't know whether everyone thinks Crewe will get promoted because I bang on about them a bit and it's the only team they know in League 2, or whether they think there's a chance.

Ryan seems to go a lot more than me and he thinks they'll struggle to stay up - They have had a very good pre-season though!

And why didn't Doyle add his to it?!!>!?!?!?!?!>?

[Edited on 02-08-2011 by Cavey]
strick206

2nd Aug 11 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Do you agree with this summary of him (from a user on a website I use ):

Good player, but not the player they need. And not for the money they'll pay both Inter and him.

Does his best work in the areas in which Rooney also does his, and Rooney does it better. Berbatov also likes to operate in the same positions. Just not a natural fit for them imo. Really doubt his ability to play in the middle in the Prem, especially in a 2 man midfield such as that Man U like to employ.

Much rather them sign him then Modric. Said it before but the player they should have pushed the boat out for was Sahin.

Sahin?

He is more than a good player, he is a world class player, and will bring a lot of quality.

Rooney dropped a lot because they played Hernandez alone, but that's because we didnt really have an attacking midfielder last year, Rooney is far more useful upfront alongside hernandez than stuck out wide etc.

Berbatov isn't going to play much this season IMO and it really wouldnt surprise me if we showed our intent by accepting a bid for him this month.

I honestly can't see Modric leaving Spurs, and especially considering he wants to stay in London that he wouldnt come to united.

The Nasri story has gone very quiet but i expect that to pick up after the deadline ends.
mwg

2nd Aug 11 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member

Does concern me a bit, wouldn't want to end up how Chelsea have with Drogo and Nando both trying to play in the same position.

They might work well together with Chicharito in front of them. I don't know I cant imagine him in a United shirt

[Edited on 02-08-2011 by mwg]
strick206

2nd Aug 11 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member

Just looked at Sahin, i have to admit i have never heard of him, and i also didn't know Real Madrid signed him this summer.

Stats look very good, but i've seen nothing of him so cannot comment.
Tom

2nd Aug 11 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member

Sahin was a steal for Madrid, the f*ckers!

I see Sneijder as a number 10 type, and I think that's Rooney's most natural position. Even if you play Rooney next to Hernandez I would still expect him to go looking for the ball (although can't recall any of his performances playing as a more typical number 9). Sneijder is a quality player, but if you are looking for someone to play as a typical CM (and replace Scholes?) I'm not sure he's the best man for the job.

Modric would have been the best option, suppose if he's going anywhere it'll be Chelsea though.
Cavey

2nd Aug 11 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member

as if life waant bad enough for Birmingham fans, they've gone and signed Spector! they're doomed
mwg

2nd Aug 11 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Berbatov isn't going to play much this season IMO and it really wouldnt surprise me if we showed our intent by accepting a bid for him this month.

If its true about PSG wanting to buy him for £18m lets get shot
Tom

2nd Aug 11 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

PMSL, i'll remind you of this if we ever sell Carroll for £20m
mwg

2nd Aug 11 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member

£18m for a player with 12 months left on his contract thats had one good season for us and we paid too much for would be good I think Never looked like a United player and I've never warmed to him so get rid!
strick206

2nd Aug 11 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

Newspaper bullshit at that price

strick206

2nd Aug 11 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Sahin was a steal for Madrid, the f*ckers!

I see Sneijder as a number 10 type, and I think that's Rooney's most natural position. Even if you play Rooney next to Hernandez I would still expect him to go looking for the ball (although can't recall any of his performances playing as a more typical number 9). Sneijder is a quality player, but if you are looking for someone to play as a typical CM (and replace Scholes?) I'm not sure he's the best man for the job.

Modric would have been the best option, suppose if he's going anywhere it'll be Chelsea though.

Scholes imo played typically as a more attacking CM, and as his career progressed he sat back more.

Rooney played as a striker for most of the season before last and scored a bucket load of goals due to crosses from valencia, nani giggs etc, put him back up there again, he works hard when asked to play wide but isn't as effective imo and is slightly wasted

I think he'd be deadly alongside hernandez as a proper striker
Russ

2nd Aug 11 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member

I said right from the word go it wouldn't happen and my feelings still ain't changed.
Neil

2nd Aug 11 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member

I found these funny... because they're true:

quote:
I'm being disciplined for airing dirty linen on Twitter. Better post another update #IamBarton

quote:
I love this club and don't want to drag its name through the mud, so I'll tell Twitter that the whole place is a farce #IamBarton

quote:
I need you all to know that there's some stuff that needs to be known. I won't make it known what it is though #IamBarton
Marc

2nd Aug 11 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member

We need a midfielder, I'm not going to herald Sneijder as our saviour as I really haven't seen him play enough to have a true opinion of him. We can not rely on Cleverley to fill Scholes boots this season, but I think this will be his breakthrough season for us either way.

Continuing reports about teams being after Berbatov, theres no denying his goals last season but he still gives off that laid back, heart isn't really in it vibe.
Hammer

2nd Aug 11 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member

Sneijder would be a jewel in the crown of any side in the world, he is world class. He was actually better than Messi and Ronaldo in the Champions League 2 seasons ago.
Ryan

2nd Aug 11 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
I don't know whether everyone thinks Crewe will get promoted because I bang on about them a bit and it's the only team they know in League 2, or whether they think there's a chance.

Ryan seems to go a lot more than me and he thinks they'll struggle to stay up - They have had a very good pre-season though!

And why didn't Doyle add his to it?!!>!?!?!?!?!>?

[Edited on 02-08-2011 by Cavey]

Massivley worse squad than last season, rumours flying about that Miller is going to either Brighton, Hudds or Donny.

Gradi hasnt added to the squad, we lost Donaldson, Ada, Blanchett, MMK etc, and signed nobody.

Our back 4 is completley shite! Dugdale and Davis FFS. We will concede 60-70 goals this season at least guaranteed, and i dont see where the goals are going to come from. We always have a good pre-season so that means nothing. I hope im wrong but i havent renewed my season ticket because the squad is a joke and i've joined the ever growing proportion of fans who 'wont be back until Gradi is gone'

Anything over 16th and i'd be shocked.
Russ

3rd Aug 11 at 05:10   View User's Profile U2U Member

Fpmsl. Gradi is a man amongst men. He's dragged that club up, nurtured talent, beengiven no money and had his best players sold to keep the club afloat over the years. Fickle or what.

<<  145    146    147    148    149    150    151  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.0460930 seconds