corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  146    147    148    149    150    151    152  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 11 at 06:10   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Fpmsl. Gradi is a man amongst men. He's dragged that club up, nurtured talent, beengiven no money and had his best players sold to keep the club afloat over the years. Fickle or what.

Yes and? Football fans are fickle, you have to be, there's no room for sentiment in the game, this is why you never go back to your past legends, it very rarely works. If wolves brought back a past great manager to replace MM and you went on a massive decline would you just stand there and go "ah well, not his fault, he's a legend"
Russ

3rd Aug 11 at 06:55   View User's Profile U2U Member

I agree, we are fickle.

But if MM was given no money to spend and all our best players were sold, i wouldnt blame him. If hundreds of millions were spent and we won nothing apart from the FA Cup, i wouldnt be best pleased though
Nath

3rd Aug 11 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11861_7076883,00.html

Bargain!
Tom

3rd Aug 11 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

Bargain!

I bet Ferguson is wondering why he paid that much for De Gea

A man United 11 got beaten 8-2 last night (I know, you had a 58 year old pop star in the team etc but still funny).

We're getting closer to signing Enrique, most reliable source I've seen says £6m possibly rising to £10m which would be decent. Jovanovic has gone to Anderlecht which I think is the catalyst for this Enrique deal (wages etc).

Hopefully we'll ship out a few more players asap so we can get a CB in, and possibloy even ship out Ngog and get a replacement.
Tom

3rd Aug 11 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Fpmsl. Gradi is a man amongst men. He's dragged that club up, nurtured talent, beengiven no money and had his best players sold to keep the club afloat over the years. Fickle or what.

Yes and? Football fans are fickle, you have to be, there's no room for sentiment in the game, this is why you never go back to your past legends, it very rarely works. If wolves brought back a past great manager to replace MM and you went on a massive decline would you just stand there and go "ah well, not his fault, he's a legend"

No comment on this subject (until we get into the top 4 this season of course).

mwg

3rd Aug 11 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member

Yep we are definitely going to be relegated
Tom

3rd Aug 11 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Sneijder would be a jewel in the crown of any side in the world, he is world class. He was actually better than Messi and Ronaldo in the Champions League 2 seasons ago.

I think he's a really good player but that is going well over the top imo. His world cup performances last year were really good, and he had a good season under Jose at Inter but he hasn't done alot since, and was shipped out of Madrid for off the field problems affecting his game. He could be a great signing for United if they can fit him and others into a system that works, but he's been massively over hyped in certain quarters and he's not in the same echelons as Messi or Ronaldo.
Tom

3rd Aug 11 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Yep we are definitely going to be relegated

Twice imo.
Nath

3rd Aug 11 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by Nath

Bargain!

I bet Ferguson is wondering why he paid that much for De Gea

A man United 11 got beaten 8-2 last night (I know, you had a 58 year old pop star in the team etc but still funny).

We're getting closer to signing Enrique, most reliable source I've seen says £6m possibly rising to £10m which would be decent. Jovanovic has gone to Anderlecht which I think is the catalyst for this Enrique deal (wages etc).

Hopefully we'll ship out a few more players asap so we can get a CB in, and possibloy even ship out Ngog and get a replacement.

Makes you wonder why Arsenal didnt bid. Crazy cheap.
mwg

3rd Aug 11 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member

Liverpool must be about £50m in profit after all these deals?
Russ

3rd Aug 11 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Liverpool must be about £50m in profit after all these findings about the price of tickets and pie's to see a team who aren't playing in Europe
mwg

3rd Aug 11 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member

Massive profit on stolen pies
Tommy L

3rd Aug 11 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member

Lots of different reports on the fee for enrique. I've seen £5m plus N'gog
Mad Moe

3rd Aug 11 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L

I'll be disappointed to see Enrique leave however you cant really blame him for wanting to better himself, unfortunately our club is a sinking ship and unless someone makes the fat cockney wanker a offer soon we will be prime relegation fodder this season.

Actually what are the odd for us to go down this year, could be worth a punt?
Tom

3rd Aug 11 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Liverpool must be about £50m in profit after all these deals?

I don't follow.

Stolen pies, very clever/original/#musthavetakenagestothinkof
Nath

3rd Aug 11 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member

Here we go!
mwg

3rd Aug 11 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member

I thought Liverpool always come out on top in these deals by the time various hidden and complex payments have been made
Tommy L

3rd Aug 11 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L

I'll be disappointed to see Enrique leave however you cant really blame him for wanting to better himself, unfortunately our club is a sinking ship and unless someone makes the fat cockney wanker a offer soon we will be prime relegation fodder this season.

Actually what are the odd for us to go down this year, could be worth a punt?
11/2 on Will Hill! I don't think we'll see the back of the fat wanker any time soon until he gets back his £130m or whatever it is that he has put into the club.
Tom

3rd Aug 11 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I thought Liverpool always come out on top in these deals by the time various hidden and complex payments have been made

What deals? If you are you talking about Enrique, it's been reported we are paying £5m, £6m, and £10m for him. The most reliable person seems to be saying it's £6m with add ons rising to £10m. I don't get your point. I simply think if we pay £6m (rising to £10m) then it'll be a good deal for a player who appears to fit our needs.

Just because skysports will probably look for the highest number quoted, doesn't make it gospel
mwg

3rd Aug 11 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member

I'm not being serious Tom. Do you not remember when Cosmo was on here with his inside knowledge on Liverpools finances that somehow always meant buying a player never actually cost Liverpool anything
Tom

3rd Aug 11 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I'm not being serious Tom. Do you not remember when Cosmo was on here with his inside knowledge on Liverpools finances that somehow always meant buying a player never actually cost Liverpool anything

I don't remember that (seriously) which is why I replied in that way

Nath

3rd Aug 11 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member

mwg

3rd Aug 11 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member

Hammer

3rd Aug 11 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Sneijder would be a jewel in the crown of any side in the world, he is world class. He was actually better than Messi and Ronaldo in the Champions League 2 seasons ago.

I think he's a really good player but that is going well over the top imo. His world cup performances last year were really good, and he had a good season under Jose at Inter but he hasn't done alot since, and was shipped out of Madrid for off the field problems affecting his game. He could be a great signing for United if they can fit him and others into a system that works, but he's been massively over hyped in certain quarters and he's not in the same echelons as Messi or Ronaldo.

I don't think you can overhype him tbh, he is in the level just below the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta.

He controls games and shows up as the best player more often than not in the 2 biggest competitions in football; Champions League and the World Cup.
Ryan

3rd Aug 11 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:

And? I could talk to you for hours about how past it he is. We should have gone up last season, we had the best squad in the league by a country mile, it was obvious to everyone we needed strengthening in January when everyone around us was doing the same. We were 3rd in the league and got beat 11 (ELEVEN) games in a row away from home.

He sells our best players as he gets 10% of any transfer revenue he makes, we were 7th in the Championship in January 05 so he sells Dean Ashton to norwich, turnes down Dave Nugent from Bury because we were 'good enough' and we survived on the final day by goal difference. Add to that he takes £120,000 as a wage when most L2 managers would be lucky to see 60k.

We consistently concede 60-70 goals a season, he cannot do anything about it because he doesnt seem to understand how to defend. He doesnt like defenders tackling because they might give away a free kick, so they stand them up and run backwards.lol.

Its painful to see how he favours the 'homegrown' players to the ones brought in from outside. We released 2 top defenders and he has replaced them with absolute WANK that came through the academy. We have players on the books that would be lucky to get a game on a sunday morning.

The club is corrupt from the top to the bottom, Our directors are stripping us of assets and promotion is not a concern at all.

I could go on for pages but im bored already.

You could say the same about Wenger, Clough...

<<  146    147    148    149    150    151    152  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.0465441 seconds