corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snow

New Poll
  <<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Snow
SetH

User status: Offline
1st Dec 10 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much Snow here now but it is pretty lethal. Black Ice everywhere and compacted and frozen solid Snow creating an Ice Rink. 100 times more dangerous then when it was actually just Snow so in all honesty I am not surprised everyone is driving around at 30. Those that are moaning at don't get overconfident or you will have an epic fail of a crash.
mwg

1st Dec 10 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I hate people that think they are invincible in snow. Speed I have seen some people travelling at is ridiculous. Even saw someone go in the outside lane of the dual carriageway to overtake a line of traffic they obviously felt was going to slow. Despite the fact the outside lane was covered in snow. Utter pillocks.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

1st Dec 10 at 09:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sportboy that is some hellasnow
wish it was like that round here

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
alan-g-w

1st Dec 10 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was coming back from the nightshift when we had the snow earlier in the year. There's a big hill on a bend on the motorway leading up to my bit and I'm usually able to pull past most things when I'm going up it but there was shallow snow all over the road. I went into the fast lane, passed a couple of cars then started going up this hill at about 40 or 50mph. The rear end of the car just slid away from me, the car ended up at a 30degree angle to the barrier and I promptly shat it and straightened up. Pootled along at 20mph the rest of the way with my tail firmly between my legs.

[Edited on 01-12-2010 by alan-g-w]
Rich H

1st Dec 10 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamie

Miles Jesus! Also, where's your front door?!

About an inch here today, totally rubbish - I want to work FFS!
SportBoy

1st Dec 10 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never seen so much here in my life

front door is just round otherside of the porch on the front . we use the backdoor under the carport.

[Edited on 01-12-2010 by SportBoy]
Jamescorsa97

1st Dec 10 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well since i last posted them pics it's been hammering down again, gonna go out and re measure later haha!
3CorsaMeal

1st Dec 10 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is the start of the end of the world, we are DOOMED.

people know this, but no one is being told properly, we are being kept in the dark, we will there amazed by the depth of snow, while all the important people are being shipped into a secret bunker ready to survive the weather extremes over the next 5-10yrs

it will all start out as a bit of fun, then pandamonium
Jamescorsa97

1st Dec 10 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
this is the start of the end of the world, we are DOOMED.

people know this, but no one is being told properly, we are being kept in the dark, we will there amazed by the depth of snow, while all the important people are being shipped into a secret bunker ready to survive the weather extremes over the next 5-10yrs

it will all start out as a bit of fun, then pandamonium

QFT TBH KKTHXBAI
JadeM
Premium Member

1st Dec 10 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've had heavy snow again all night, it's still snowing now and looks like there's more to come ! Just recieved this email from work10 mins ago -

West Lothian Council - Due to the severe weather we are experiencing and the increasing impact that it is having on the area West Lothian Council has invoked its severe weather emergency plan. We have been working in partnership with the emergency services and other agencies since the start of this period of severe weather. This move indicates how serious the situation is. Some areas had accumulations of 30cm of snow overnight (60cm in total in some areas so far). Another 20cm expected in next 12 hours. Severe conditions had caused a number of gritters to come off the road. Fortunately no injuries to the drivers. My personal thanks to those drivers for their commitment to keep West Lothian moving. - Councillor Hutton.

My brothers just posted these pics on FB taken this morning !

Depth of snow on patio table !!

[Edited on 01-12-2010 by JadeM]
3CorsaMeal

1st Dec 10 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would actually be worried.

next up will be the floods when this all starts to defrost
Hammer

1st Dec 10 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to get pulled out of the work car park yesterday
3CorsaMeal

1st Dec 10 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm gathering up all the snow around here and putting in the recycling bin
JaffaTB

1st Dec 10 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 01-12-2010 by JaffaTB]
Russ

1st Dec 10 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's awesome, why doesnt it do that for us
RichR
Premium Member

1st Dec 10 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Yeah I hate people that think they are invincible in snow. Speed I have seen some people travelling at is ridiculous. Even saw someone go in the outside lane of the dual carriageway to overtake a line of traffic they obviously felt was going to slow. Despite the fact the outside lane was covered in snow. Utter pillocks.

Depends on their tyres tbh

Dad and me both have X Types; I've just taken my winter wheels off and put them on his as we're going in his car to the Alps in 2 weeks; the difference between his and mine is unbelievable! Seriously, good tyres make all the difference.

Obviously you have to be careful of the conditions but if you're set up for it then why not overtake the traffic - although chances are the people you saw were just being idiotic
Colin

1st Dec 10 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

micra_pete
Premium Member

1st Dec 10 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking lol at the bins hat.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

1st Dec 10 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

man i want some proper fucking snow

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
kennySRi

1st Dec 10 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ the amount of snow in these pics. How on earth does anybody move out of their houses lol? That's an unbelievable amount of snow.
sand-eel

1st Dec 10 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think in the grant scheme of things people use the snow as an excuse and don't go to work, even though its perfectly easy, slightly annoys me a bit.
kennySRi

1st Dec 10 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand that but looking at those pics above you are walking in something knee deep, would be a challenge just to walk along a path without tripping over something
RichR
Premium Member

1st Dec 10 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
I think in the grant scheme of things people use the snow as an excuse and don't go to work, even though its perfectly easy, slightly annoys me a bit.

I'm not at work but I am working at home; if anything I'm doing more work and sending more emails to prove I'm working to the max!!!
--DAN--

1st Dec 10 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have just short of 2 feet of snow here, our whole company is at an absolute standstill. Its barely stopped snowing for 48 hours.

I have 850 staff and less than 450 have turned up. Took me almost 3 hours to do 3 miles to work!
Mad Moe

1st Dec 10 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless people live or work in remote locations and do not has access to public transport they shouldn't have any excuse for not making it in to work.

Things are much improved round our way today, had a little bit of a thaw last night and loads more mental thunder and lightening!

<<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snow 23 database queries in 0.0168979 seconds